Design aspects you don't like

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
The ability to set the charge rate via software like the Teslas and Bolts can. Sometimes I don't need my car to draw the max current on my L2 home charger because I have plenty of time. Yes I know I can schedule charging and do. But to tell the car "only pull 5Kw instead of the max".
What is the advantage of pulling 5kw instead of 10?
Sponsored

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
I was using that as an example, but lower levels would produce less heat, so not as much cooling system use (which means more efficient charging as the cooling system wouldn't have to run). Slower the charging usually is better on the battery as well.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I call it a Mustang, because you have to call it something, and Mach-E is nonsense. I mean, seriously - what is a "Mach-E" supposed to even be? At least mustang is an actual word - horse, fighter-bomber, whatever.

So for me, it's just a Mustang.
The Mach E is a call back to the old '70/'71 Mach 1 fastback Mustang.

Obviously the Mach E is 'E'lectric

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
As everyone else has mentioned, Ventilated seating!

And Ford Pass letting me know if the Mach E is Locked or not, trunk closed etc. from the app.
FfeB23R.jpg
My old app it gave me a page of fantastic information.

Side View mirror control, nitpicky but my other cars have had a switch Left mirror, Off, Right mirror Click to adjust and adjust back. But here, click to adjust, then after a few seconds, off, need to find the button (muscle memory not there yet) and push it back on to return the mirror.

I use the driver's side mirror to help merge on via on-ramps, I can swing it out further to see better as I angle in, then return it to the proper side view when finished merging.

I'm sure there are other things, but this thread is good and hopefully Ford will address them as OTA at some point.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
The Mach E is a call back to the old '70/'71 Mach 1 fastback Mustang.

Obviously the Mach E is 'E'lectric
Exactly! Mach 1 makes perfect sense - it's 1x the speed of sound, it's really fast. Great name.

Mach-E is gibberish, it means nothing. I categorically refuse to hearken back to the early '70s for a call back to the approximate name of my car. For me, it's just a Mustang.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In my case, it lowers the demand charge on my monthly electric bill. Most residential service doesn't have a demand charge, but some do. It's a surcharge for the peak 15-minute usage period of the month.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
1) The least useful dash screen of any vehicle. No charge/regen info. No current playing audio. no persistent map. no customization
2) The horn, for all alerts, use the freaken speaker.
3) The pathetic ambient lighting that is also only on at night.
4) The headrest only tilts down, so it is either not useful or just pushes on the top of my head.
5) not enough rear AC vents
6) The creep on non-1pd modes. It is so strong that it can be difficult to stop smoothly.
7) The different cruise control behaviors depending on which drive mode you are in, wish it was the same for every mode, or customizable
8) The inconsistent lane keep behavior and its inability to handle a turn that isnt a long sweeping turn
9) the short adaptive cruise control timeout when in stop and go traffic
10) The generally laggy screen performance, especially when started.
11) Why does my profile not load when i remote start.

I probably could go on....but I still love this car.

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
The ability to set the charge rate via software like the Teslas and Bolts can. Sometimes I don't need my car to draw the max current on my L2 home charger because I have plenty of time. Yes I know I can schedule charging and do. But to tell the car "only pull 5Kw instead of the max".
or tell the car to stop being a wuzz and keep sucking at 125kwh instead of the 80…60…7…when at a fast charger?

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
1) The least useful dash screen of any vehicle. No charge/regen info. No current playing audio. no persistent map. no customization
2) The horn, for all alerts, use the freaken speaker.
3) The pathetic ambient lighting that is also only on at night.
4) The headrest only tilts down, so it is either not useful or just pushes on the top of my head.
5) not enough rear AC vents
6) The creep on non-1pd modes. It is so strong that it can be difficult to stop smoothly.
7) The different cruise control behaviors depending on which drive mode you are in, wish it was the same for every mode, or customizable
8) The inconsistent lane keep behavior and its inability to handle a turn that isnt a long sweeping turn
9) the short adaptive cruise control timeout when in stop and go traffic
10) The generally laggy screen performance, especially when started.
11) Why does my profile not load when i remote start.

I probably could go on....but I still love this car.
May I add the almost dangerous lane keeping respons (and the fact that I have to manually shut it down before each trip)

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
Whose flimsy f*ck brainchild was this idea…

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
As shown before.. NO Ford Logo’s please..?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Design aspects you don't like 3B1114AC-C9A7-4684-924F-F1EAE75DFF47
Ford Mustang Mach-E Design aspects you don't like CA777E8E-1528-4A70-9CF6-A23E88EF4C81