Did not one person from Ford ever drive with the windows down during development?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It's incredibly inefficient to drive with the windows down, especially at speeds that would make things fly around inside the car. So, no, they probably did not make driving with the windows down in a car that they wanted to squeeze every ounce of efficiency out of a priority

man, you guys can really find just every little thing to complain about with this car
It’s true this is super minor. But I also think it’s worth mentioning, this vehicle was not meant to be the pinnacle of EV efficiency.

No one is setting an efficiency record trying to match the 0 - 60 times Ford likes to promote for this vehicle.
Sponsored

Prje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Can't be done with the cheap, atrocious, awful, dreadful, lousy, junky, poor, abominable, unacceptable, POS cargo cover they've designed.

Mine is going in the trash where it belongs and I'm not spending my own money on a ASOK one to replace what Ford should have provided in the first place. At least the windows are tinted pretty well to keep curious eyes off the few things I ever carry.
Can't be done with the cheap, atrocious, awful, dreadful, lousy, junky, poor, abominable, unacceptable, POS cargo cover they've designed.

Mine is going in the trash where it belongs and I'm not spending my own money on a ASOK one to replace what Ford should have provided in the first place. At least the windows are tinted pretty well to keep curious eyes off the few things I ever carry.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...r-better-cargo-cover-catches.5307/post-354324

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I mean, at least the cargo cover takes itself off right away so you don't have to bother figuring out what is rattling in the back if it had stayed on....

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I have been using a cheap moving blanket from Harbor Freight for the last three cars i've owned. Cheap enough to help protect the cargo floor when carrying stuff from Lowes, and I always keep a spare for covering the things that should not be seen.

Oh and I ditched the stock "cover" the first day, its currently hanging in the garage awaiting the eventual purge

Tony

OP
OP
RRM_GT

RRM_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GT, 19 Bullitt, 07 Mustang GT
Country flag
It’s true this is super minor. But I also think it’s worth mentioning, this vehicle was not meant to be the pinnacle of EV efficiency.

No one is setting an efficiency record trying to match the 0 - 60 times Ford likes to promote for this vehicle.
I do believe they included buttons to move the windows up and down. So there must be an expectation that they would be used at some point. Just driving for two minutes to purge the heat out or approaching a toll both is enough to get it flapping and dancing like crazy. They would have just been better to not include it.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Makes a great wetsuit drying rack. After a brisk morning of surfing, toss the wetsuit back there with a moving blanket/towels on the floor, roll the windows down and let the air dry them off.

🤙

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Jeep Gladiator "Willys"
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Removed mine on day one so the dog had a place. Too lazy to put it back and really no need with the heavy tint on the rears. I guess if I drove at higher speeds with the windows down and absolutely needed the privacy cover I'd be bothered but then again I don't so could care less. I don't think the privacy cover will ever make a difference in someone breaking into a car. Never did with my past break-ins, they were always tinted and with nothing visible.

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Who drives with windows down 😂. If it hot ac is more efficient anyways😂

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Can't recall the Guy, but there is a German accent guy with a youtube channel and he showed how two small black rubber rings kept the cover in place. Mine is still on, but don't drive with the window down. But dislike the cover when you have stuff like luggage in the trunk it gets "flicked off" it's hinges.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Complete piece of junk. Never stayed for me, constantly popped out. Haven't had it in my car since day 2. Actually kind of forgot that it ever had it until this thread.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
42K miles driven across the 3 MMEs we have/still own. Not a single mile with the windows down. The AC or heat works to maintain the climate and is much quieter than the noise of a window down. Add to that the loss of aerodynamics being a bigger efficiency hit that running the AC, and I see no reason to roll the window down when I’m not at the drive thru getting some caffeine.

We can’t turn up the volume on the radio without the first question around here being, “Does that effect range?” And y’all want to drive with the windows down. SMH.

/s (kinda)
Sponsored