Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I am still having issues passing this .. going to send back the device is their is no way around this and try the MX+ , from my understanding FORScan should be able to ID the Mach E without doing anything special no?

error.png

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
So I am still having issues passing this .. going to send back the device is their is no way around this and try the MX+ , from my understanding FORScan should be able to ID the Mach E without doing anything special no?

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Add Hands-free liftgate back to 2022 Mach-E error
It does on my '23 model and my '22 Lightning. OBD MX+ or the Mongoose, either one.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hey guys I know I am late to this game, and new to FORScan I have been using other tools allot more experience for my other mustangs for years .. anyways

my issue is when I connect to the car FORScan reads the car information however fails to ID the car and pop up this window for me to enter some information..

since its able to talk to the car seems my USB and Cable are all working ..

I am using Windows 10 .. got a 2023 GT and using the recommended cable/device.

error.png
FYI 2023s don't have the hands-free lift gate module installed anymore so you will not be successful. This topic is for 2022 vehicles only (see title).

If you have a 2023.5 FORScan might not have a profile for that yet, so you'd have to email them the logs.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
FYI 2023s don't have the hands-free lift gate module installed anymore so you will not be successful. This topic is for 2022 vehicles only (see title).

If you have a 2023.5 FORScan might not have a profile for that yet, so you'd have to email them the logs.
Thank you .. makes sense..

however when I checked my VIN for this module @ https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt It was present, I wonder why they would list that module if its not present .. I will physical look under the car tomorrow before giving up on this..

Thanks again..

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
Thanks for this! Iā€™m really coming to appreciate the supportive community here.

So, both of the modules suggested in that thread DO show up, which I find intriguing since my new MME is a ā€˜23.

Iā€™m going to buy FORscan anyway, since there are other features and settings I want to enable anyway so Iā€™ll try this. If it doesnā€™t work, Iā€™ve already bought the module from EV-Vida so Iā€™ve got optionsā€¦

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Anyone in the Philadelphia area that can install the hands free on my 22 Premium?

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
Anyone in the Philadelphia area that can install the hands free on my 22 Premium?
If you need the module installed (you may not!) it is NOT a trivial procedure. Every single interior panel in the hatch area needs to be removed at some point.

lanebk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NQY 2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
AH64LCT Test
Country flag
The hardware is installed on the 2022s. My 2022 was built in late October 2022 and had the components. You just have to enable the functionality via forscan in accordance with the instructions in this thread.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for this! Iā€™m really coming to appreciate the supportive community here.

So, both of the modules suggested in that thread DO show up, which I find intriguing since my new MME is a ā€˜23.

Iā€™m going to buy FORscan anyway, since there are other features and settings I want to enable anyway so Iā€™ll try this. If it doesnā€™t work, Iā€™ve already bought the module from EV-Vida so Iā€™ve got optionsā€¦
As car guy stated FORScan is free just need to request a free license .. or you can buy a 1 year license .. (Free for the win)

With that said its seems 2023.5ā€˜s like mine does not work yet with FORScanā€¦ the latest version I tried x.x.59 can not ID my 2023.5 (8/2023 build) however I do expect they will add support ..

the funny thing is though the DiabloSport Trinity 2 MX works with 2023.5 mach e .. so FORScan maybe very close to add support for 2023.5ā€™s as well.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
The hardware is installed on the 2022s. My 2022 was built in late October 2022 and had the components. You just have to enable the functionality via forscan in accordance with the instructions in this thread.
Itā€™s above my pay grade. Iā€™m worried that I may brick my car.

lanebk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NQY 2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
AH64LCT Test
Country flag
Understand. I had the same concern. I did some simple changes first, such as turning off the double honk when you get out of the car with it on. That gave me a bit more confidence that it would go well.

I also see that with all the comments here in this thread, no one seems to have had a problem. šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored