Imkayla88

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I am in Florida, which is probably one of the best regret test grounds for this roof, and the result is: regrets = zero. I did get my car tinted and my tint guy immediately said no way did it need further tinting.

I don't get the sense that any heat is coming through the roof whatsoever.
Hello fellow Tampa Mach E owner!
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Only regret is that I don’t get to sit in the back seat and enjoy the view. No heat issues. No sunburn issues on the top of my ALSO BALD head. Kids don’t complain about the sun on bright days. The contrast added to the view on cloudy / rainy days makes it beautiful to look up through. But being up front all the time I almost forget the glass is up there. I wish it continued forward more.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Love it! How could anyone regret it?

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Yeah, I love mine! I had got the shade for it and installed it for most of the summer but doubt I'll put it back in. It really doesn't let any heat in and love the light it brings in.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I'm agnostic...at least I was until it cracked!

Put it this way - it's nice, but if I had the option, I certainly would not have paid extra $$ for it.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Mine shattered and replaced and covered with tesmania shade (which works well but is a pain to take in and out often) for summer. After all that I kept it on my GT order. Just looks nicer overall I think.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
My only issue is being in the front seat I don't get the view the backseaters get!! I'm in South Carolina and no additional heating issues from the roof. We do have a big windshield and I had 80% Llumar ceramic tinting installed (along with 35% of the same on the front side windows). THAT made a world of difference in interior heat (more than 50%) reduction in my feel-o-meter test!

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
My First Edition has a glass roof. I absolutely love it. Wouldn’t change it if the option to do so now existed. I don’t have an issue with excessive heat transfer through it. And the light doesn’t cause an issue for me either.
I totally agree! My wife went from a convertible to the Mach-E and while she misses her convertible top the glass top on her Mach-E is an acceptable substitute!

My wife and I witnessed first hand how well it does in extreme heat a few weeks ago. We were able to sit in the car while it was charging in 118° direct sunlight and not once did we feel the sun baking us!

The Mach-E also doesn't get any hotter sitting in the sun than a car with a solid roof. Once again we had the Mach-E sit in 114° direct sunlight but with the power and A/C off and when we got back in after 45 minutes it was hot like any car but not any hotter. Plus the A/C works very well it cooled the cabin down very very fast.

If I'm in the Mach-E I'm driving... so I haven't had much of a chance to enjoy the view above while driving but we had some family with us in the car recently on a really nice day with clouds and everyone was enjoying the view above as we drove.

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
In Houston and love it... never any trouble with heat (I don't have a garage or carport). And it makes for great conversation.

pumasalad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (red)
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
I absolutely HATE it. my head gets sunburned when I go places for any length of time in my car. I don't want to have to wear a hat. I don't know why every EV thinks it's a good idea. I hope this design trend ends soon, before my lease is up. I'm surprised that all the people in front of me here like it so much. I have stayed at home on sunny days because I don't want to be out in the sun. And yes, my head really has gotten sunburned thru the roof. If i wanted to be exposed to the sun, I'd drive one of my father's old convertibles from the 60s and put the top down. The fact that it was not optional is even worse. Worst car I've ever had. and at least 30% of my dislike for the mach-e comes from the glass roof.

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Does anyone regret the fixed glass sun roof?
too bad it doesn’t have a shade.
or does anyone not have it and wish they did? Hey
I like the panoramic for the feeling of space and light. Heat is not an issue. I've had sunroofs and didn't open them often because of the wind and noise. I used their shade screen because of heat from the sun, but the panoramic glass manages heat well without blocking light. I do not need the shade from a screen. I think it is a good option for sound management (convertibles are downright noisy, up or down), weight management (less weight than the hardware and motors to open a roof), and less of an electric drain to open and close a ragtop or moon roof.

pottslaw

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD ER (Infinite Blue)
Country flag
Does anyone regret the fixed glass sun roof?
too bad it doesn’t have a shade.
or does anyone not have it and wish they did? Hey
I live in Phoenix, and the glass sun roof does an excellent job blocking the heat. I installed the Tesmanian sun shade to reduce the brightness level (because, Phoenix) and it is perfect.

The pending recall ( https://www.consumerreports.org/car...-due-to-roof-windshield-problems-a7787022187/ ) is a potential concern, as Greg noted. I've already had the windshield replaced a couple of times (because, Phoenix) so I am not concerned about the windshield adhesion, but replacing sun roofs on 13K + Mach E's is going to be a challenge for the dealers.
Sponsored