Does anyone actually love their MME?

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE AWD Premium SR
Country flag
I pretty much only want to drive mine. I go into work (60 mile round trip) when I don't need to; I take the long way everywhere; I go for drives to listen to my audiobook; I'm jealous of my friends who live more on the outskirts because of their sparsely-populated roads; when my wife is off doing things I'll go for a drive rather than accomplishing something with my time. It's kind of a problem, but I think dropping 60 Gs on a car that you're not particularly interested in is more of a problem. I drove a lot for pleasure in my ICE car: now it costs 70% less in fuel and is cleaner from a pollution standpoint.
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
6 months in with my Premium AWD ER. No problems, no issues, just great. As noted, the few with issues come here for help (and usually get it). There are also those who make comments on forums who don’t actually own the car but who come here to complain despite that. It’s a new car so it could have issues. Mine has had zero issues.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Florida, I can say after six months it is a keeper. Love the car.

Cars come and go, Explorer, Tacoma, Escape, F-150, 06 Mustang. They come and go.

This car is in with our 62 C10 or the 67 Mustang we had. The type of car that in 20 years you can understand why the owner does not sell it.

I am happy I have the frunk divider in my garage. In 30 years those things are gonna be like hens teeth. Along the lines of a 64 with a generator.
I love your frunk divider comment, it made me feel joyful. I am off to bubble wrap mine now in some archival bubble wrap. I had thought of offering it up for sale as a joke, but if you want to buy it on speculation, please make me an offer I cannot refuse!

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
If 5 out of 1000 cars have problems, you are going to hear every gory detail regarding those five experiences on a forum like this. Look for the positives everywhere on the forum as well. Every EV I have ever purchased has been the best car I had ever owned up to that point. Loved my Leaf for 60 miles a day. Loved my Chevy Bolt more for 60 miles a day with option of side trips up to 200 miles a day. Love most of all my Mustang Mach E which I can see myself using for a longer causal road trip when I am not racing the clock. Don't do road trips often, but if I do, I might rent a car and put miles on their car instead of mine.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm exhausted just thinking of running any of those races.

Geographically, I'm in limbo between the East Bay and the Central Valley. So, I look east and I feel like I'm still in Toledo with nothing bur farms and orchards. I look West and I'm staring at Diablo and I remember I'm in CA. Well, looking east I remember it when I realize the low clouds on the horizon aren't clouds, but the tops of the Sierras. What a place to live.

Can't wait to be hammering along the sloughs of the Delta or the switchbacks on the way to Tahoe in my new MME. If I could only find one!
Sounds like Tracy. I lived there for ages.

Starlight

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Select
Country flag
I love mine! I've been driving hybrids (Prius, Rav4) for the last couple years so this was the next logical step. We opted for the Mach-E over a Tesla due to not being anywhere near a Tesla dealer so if there were any problems help would be hours away. I wanted a Premium but there wasn't one in stock nearby and didn't want to wait for an order. If you can get a premium or higher trim level, definitely go for it, but I have no regrets!

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I really do like the car, it is the nicest car I have ever purchased. But as with anything I can see A LOT of room for improvement. Ford sold this as an SUV, as an SUV it makes a nice car but it lacks a lot of utility for an SUV. Here's my pet peeves

1 - It annoys me that Ford Europe says it can tow, and Ford US says it can't.
2 - An SUV should have a roof rack option.
3 - I am frustrated with Fordpass.
4 - General user interface for the touchscreen needs a lot of improvement.
5 - Ford need to publish the fixes they have available, so I can decide if something I am seeing is worth contacting the dealership about.

Someone pointed out that some fixes are documented here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2021/FORD/MUSTANG%2520MACH-E/SUV/AWD#manufacturerCommunications

So while Ford doesn't, it looks like the government does.

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
Hey everyone! I am new to the group here. I joined because I am in the market for a MME. Live in southern CA so most likely going to get the CA Rt 1. But… since I have joined this group, I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of issues/complaints with the vehicle. To be fair, I currently drive a Jeep Cherokee and there are certainly ample issues/complaints on the Cherokee forums. So I guess all I really am looking for are some good positive experiences. What do you all LOVE about your MME? Any SOCAL owners? If so, which model did you get and how is that working out for you. At the end of the… are you all happy with your purchase? Thanks in advance for any comments (helpful, sarcastic, or otherwise)! Be safe out there!

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
Best car I have ever owned.
I Just made a trip to Pittsburgh this weekend (300 miles).
Had troubles with charging on every stop. Not a Ford problem, but there seems to be a least one or two chargers down.

Ford navigated me to two charging spots near the highway.
I would recommend charging enough to get to the next station. That's because the charging slows down after a certain percentage of charge. (True for all EV's.)

I also recommend setting the car to one pedal driving. Once you get used to that method, you'll love it. It gives great control on braking. Also, it regenerates in that mode.

I did notice some strange happenings. Like the heater turning on by itself. Two windows on the right side went down on there own. Minor problems, easily fixed.

I would also recommend having the doors lock when you walk away with your key. That's helpful. That may be a default.

Since I make few long trips, this car is perfect for daily driving.

The ratio of electric charges vs gas charges will remain an advantage now and into the future.

I happen to live in New Jersey where the state gives a $5,000 rebate and no sales tax for EV's. That plus the IRS credit of $7,500 made it a no brainer to buy my Mach E.

I previously owned a Prius Prime that was no slouch for high MPG. I got 94 MPG in the three years I owned it. (Due to a small chargeable battery.)

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
I absolutely love my MME! I wish my desktop or my iphone were as issue-free as my MME. Not to point fingers but there are some major league whiners on this forum but also a lot of very helpful members. TEST drive an MME and you will be smitten.
Sponsored