Does anyone know if this will work for the Mach-E? (Disable double HONK)

TJ-Mach-e

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Merc S550, 2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag
The double honk for leaving it running is ridiculous. One of my biggest pet peeves. I know it's running, stop treating me like a child. Ford, and other companies do this with many things. I keep the fob in my pocket, because PaaK doesn't work at all, and leaving the car running to run in a gas station for a few while family is in the car, double honk. Leaving home but forgot sunglasses, run back inside to get them? Double honk. Idiotic. Many other instances where it does this.
It is the most annoying thing for me. My main problem with it is not the fact that it warns you, its the fact that it uses two loud honks of the horn when the car knows that I am literally next to it.

Ford... The car has an external speaker... USE IT!!!

They could literally just turn on the pedestrian artificial motor sound for a couple seconds which will remind me that the car is on... if I really didn't know that it was on.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So if you get out of the car while it is completely on with ready light, and have your phone and the key fob in your pocket (no key fob in the car if you have a second) and close ALL of the doors, it doesn't honk twice at you?
Nope.

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
You must be doing something differently it has to be honk.

Did you follow the steps exactly in the video I posted in the first message of this thread?

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
What do Teslas, etrons, and bolts do to alert you the car is on when you get out?

Here's the very reasonable sounds from my RAV4 hybrid. Three little mild dings.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Tesla doesn't have on/off button. Just turns off when you get out. Starts when you hit the brake. If you open the door, it shifts to Park for safety.

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Did anyone figure this out? I would dearly love to get rid of this double honk.

I'd also really like to get rid of the alarm -- several times I've awakened all my neighbors early in the morning because PaaK somehow unlocks/opens the door when I press the button but then decides that in fact it can't see a key and triggers the alarm. I've thought about pulling the fuse (there's one specifically for the car alarm triggering the horn) and seeing what happens, but would prefer to just turn it off programmatically.

lightnin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD X batt, 2018 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired IT
Country flag
The double honk for leaving it running is ridiculous. One of my biggest pet peeves. I know it's running, stop treating me like a child. Ford, and other companies do this with many things. I keep the fob in my pocket, because PaaK doesn't work at all, and leaving the car running to run in a gas station for a few while family is in the car, double honk. Leaving home but forgot sunglasses, run back inside to get them? Double honk. Idiotic. Many other instances where it does this.

It warns you if it detects a rear seat occupant when turning off the car. Why can't it do the same if the vehicle is on and you get out. It should be able to detect someone there, and not honk.

Or stop treating us like idiots and turn off all these silly measures they deem in our best interest. Without the option to turn off.

Similarly, the lock when walking away feature is fantastic. But it needs more distance before it locks. As I said, I have the fob in my car, and I cannot get out and open the door for my wife or get my 4 year old out of the back without it locking first. Staying as close to the car as possible, it still locks. Then gets caught in a lock/unlock fight, when I am standing there pushing the button with nothing happening. Literally less than a foot between the car and myself, and it locks. Annoying, and poor planning on their part.
Been looking for a place to post this; here is as good as any.

I too despise this feature. I already *know* I got out of the car, and left it on, for a few seconds to put a returned book in the library deposit box, run back in the house to get something, go into a local fast food place for tea, etc. This noise (double beep) is *way* over the top.

I finally found a work around that seems just fine. It's OK to get out for the car (turned on) with your key fob in your pocket, but first: take your PAAK device and leave it on the dash. Run your quick errand, return to the car, reinsert your PAAK in your pocket, and be on your way. No more double beep!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Been looking for a place to post this; here is as good as any.

I too despise this feature. I already *know* I got out of the car, and left it on, for a few seconds to put a returned book in the library deposit box, run back in the house to get something, go into a local fast food place for tea, etc. This noise (double beep) is *way* over the top.

I finally found a work around that seems just fine. It's OK to get out for the car (turned on) with your key fob in your pocket, but first: take your PAAK device and leave it on the dash. Run your quick errand, return to the car, reinsert your PAAK in your pocket, and be on your way. No more double beep!
That doesn't seem like a great option since somebody could steal your car (and your phone). Seems much safer to just disable the double honk with FORScan.

Machecs

First Name
Capt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Fusion Platinum AWD/2022 MachE Prem 4X Black
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've adopted the ONE SECOND workaround, eliminating the need for PaaK. It's a simple process, requiring just a brief moment of my attention. Most of the time, I can accurately judge when I'll need to keep the car running for quick errands like grabbing a pizza or coffee, so I will leave the Fob on the console tray for convenience.

Upon arrival at my destination, I retrieve the Fob and open the door. While it's not strictly necessary, I press the lock button on the Fob for added security. While closing the door with my left hand, I hold the Fob close to the door release button (or even touching the glass) with my right for about a second after the door shuts. I then walk away confidently that I will not be blasted into oblivion by the obnoxiously loud double honk. Works consistently on my Black 2022 Premium 4X.
Sponsored