Does anyone subscribe to Sirius XM?

Does anyone subscribe to Sirius XM? Why? Choose all that apply.

• Total voters

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
It hasn't been an issue for the last 18 months, but normally I make several trips a year to / through Canada where streaming services are not an option with my US-based cellular data plan.

I mostly listen to AltNation and Lithium, I don't notice songs repeating very often.

As others have mentioned, the standard pricing is too expensive but if you can tolerate calling them once a year there is always a deal if you threaten to cancel.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There really isn't a response in the poll for me so I chose the one about streaming data being spotty/expensive. I only listen to one channel and it's talk, so sound quality means pretty much nothing. Unfortunately, the cheapest subscription package they have for NASCAR radio is the $247.51/year plan. I wish I could step down in cost since I only want one lousy channel.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There really isn't a response in the poll for me so I chose the one about streaming data being spotty/expensive. I only listen to one channel and it's talk, so sound quality means pretty much nothing. Unfortunately, the cheapest subscription package they have for NASCAR radio is the $247.51/year plan. I wish I could step down in cost since I only want one lousy channel.
Did you call them? I’ve been paying $5/mo for All-Access for years.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Radio reception sucks where I live, and I drive to places where it's bad between and sometimes at the destination.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
It’s only kinda worth it if you call back every 6months to get the 6months/$20 deal. Once they refused to give it to me so I canceled. They called back a couple days later to give me the deal but I didn’t think it was worth the trouble anymore.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Did you call them? I’ve been paying $5/mo for All-Access for years.
Yeah, I probably should make some time to call them as I haven't yet.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I used to never be a fan given the price and free radio available but with the Mach-E’s trial and interface I gave them a chance and really liked it. Quality seems better than most radio stations even when the radio is on HD.

The main reason I don’t want to use an app is Sirius XM is more seamless, being built into Sync 4, and I like curated content. The music apps I have tried seem to at best just give you similar suggestions to an artist, a song, or genre, but it doesn’t quite match the mix of what you get from a real, human run radio station.

I am not good at searching out or discovering music I want to hear, so there is value in curated content for me.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah, I probably should make some time to call them as I haven't yet.
That’s how they get people, hook them with a trial, and hope they forget about the subscription’s cost once it reverts to normal pricing.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I got it back with my 2013 Mustang GT and have mainly been streaming it at my home desk for the past year and a half. Living in the LA area most of my life, I like the fact that many KROQ jocks have migrated over. I'll stream 1st Wave to get Doug the Slug in the morning and Richard Blade in the afternoon. Then on another day, get Kat Corbett on Lithium. But I have found that some stations, if you listen to them for a full 9 to 10 hour day repeat songs. Alt Nation is one, Spectrum is another. But otherwise I have a rotation of about 10 stations I go through in a 2 week period.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I am a happy SiriusXM subscriber. I listen to one of two things in the car…
1. Local news/traffic/weather terrestrial radio.
2. The soccer channel on SiriusXM.

if there were another good way to get serious talk about soccer, I’d consider it.

also, I lived in the mountains in Colorado for a while. There were 3 channels available on the radio, and very little cellular reception. Satellite radio was the only way to listen to anything that wasn’t country music.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I don't.

I bought a 2tb drive and use that. I listen to full albums and Sirius is not all that interesting. Spotify does have some of what I listen to but it's easier to have the music on hand (I love metal, AOR, hard rock, 80s rock, etc)

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I personally feel that Sirius XM is a waste. It's expensive, audio quality is *meh* at best, and the stations repeat songs ALL THE TIME!

So here's my question. Does anyone subscribe to it anymore? If so, what's your reasoning?

I feel like every new car has xm radio, but I've maybe met one person with a subscription. Seems like a waste of money to build it in if nobody uses it.. Right?

On the other hand maybe there's a bigger demand for it than I thought... Where do you stand?

Yes, Sorta...

I paid $500 back in 2004 for a 'lifetime' subscription, and nothing since.

It allows me to change 'head units' pretty much anytime I wish for a 'nominal fee'. So far they haven't charged me anything.

Oh, that will be a $75 'transfer fee' to change from this car to that, but we'll waive that.

Changing from my last car to the Mach E, they only asked for a $35 'transfer fee' which they again waived.

I think they waive the fee as I don't have a credit card on file.

I filled up my 3 rows with plenty of variety so if it seems like repetition, I can just click the next station and keep on keepin' on.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
For $5 a month I subscribe. It’s not worth more.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I listen to SXM for sports and a few stations. I stream Tidal at full fidelity to get the best audio quality on music about half the time. I am a little disappointed in SXM audio quality but I keep it because I got a good deal and I like it on my phone. I do like Road Trip Radio of course!
Sponsored