Does the Mach E being built in Mexico bother you?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
dead thread.png

Good morning good morning, Yep Someone had to bring this up again. let me get a cup of coffee first. ☕

If we are worried so much about the mache or anything being made in Mexico, guess the same goes for china?
Guess you better take 70% of whatever you own and remove it too. A lot of your nails in the framing of your house, guess what not from America. Come on down today I have a hammer you can borrow and remove. Oh shit wait, it's made in Mexico my bad.

Everything we own takes parts and items from all over the world to make it.
How is the cup of coffee?
how about the ring on the wife's finger?
Next time you eat out you think those napkins and straws are made here?

This whole thread is just nonsense.

Toyota has a plant right down the road from me. Guess what you think because that car is built here the money is not going back to Japan? The Big boys at Toyota are sitting right now drinking the best wine and eating Kobe beef laughing at this thread.

VW is building in Tennessee. Why? The cost of shipping is getting too much. That money also is not staying here.
But Tru, Tru the workers are getting a job and pay. That is table scraps. The big companies are like your parents saying here son here is your allowance now go get you some bubble gum.

I work for ford, And no the union is not happy about it and we want all the jobs here correct. I know ford manufactures more vehicles in the united states than anyone else. So they make the mache in Mexico as it is a "worldwide" auto sale.

What company doesn't do that. Pride and fighting for jobs in your country are great. But this thread is silly. So by someones thinking if all the parts of Toyota vehicles come from Japan but it's put together here that's better?

Don't be so hard on our brothers below the border. Never know might be a day when we need them........................
There's another excellent reason for a plant in Mexico. They're not fighting a trade war with China and don't have an even more severe than necessary parts shortage.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Necroposting is one of my pet peeves. If it's more than a couple weeks old, start a new thread. Some forums are set to automatically lockout replies after so many days of inactivity.

And my answer to the question posed in the title is "No".

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
I would much rather employ people in the US as workers in Mexico will never spend their money at my architecture business. When we employ some other countries middle-class because it's cheaper, it's to the detriment of our people who would be employed manufacturing in the US. BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota, Kia, Volkswagon, Honda are building plants in the US, why can't Ford. I'm not cancelling my order, but yes it does bother me.
Everyone is using Mexico, see map

OIP.jpg

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Necroposting is one of my pet peeves. If it's more than a couple weeks old, start a new thread. Some forums are set to automatically lockout replies after so many days of inactivity.

And my answer to the question posed in the title is "No".
tbh I'd rather have one thread to ignore if necessary than two. I would expect Mr. 1000 Limit to agree. ?

bluestang35

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E,Jaguar Ipace, Ram 1500
Country flag
30 years ago I might have been bothered by it , but not any more. Kinda like when in the 60's made in Japan was a running joke.
You could buy a Jaguar I pace made in the UK and pay $80k.;)

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
as long as we can get avocados at a reasonable price I'm good. Love this car and i think it is priced fairly. 764 miles and only averaging about 2.7miles per kWh....If I didn't install a 12kWh solar system on my house last august I would be more upset with this range .

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
The way I see things, helping Mexico's economy helps USA economy. Much rather have my car built in Mexico than overseas.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
It's not a problem for me. When I talk about the car and it's journey, I mention the Cuautitlán plant. When I do get the car and post about it, the workers at the Cuautitlán plant will be thanked along with the other folks that made the car happen.

Why? Because I always value labor. That doesn't end at borders.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I’ve had several Ford vehicles built in Mexico:

1996 Mercury Mystique
2002 Focus ZTS
2008 Fusion SEL
2011 Fusion Hybrid
2012 Fusion Hybrid
2015 Fusion Titanium

Honestly can say they were all great cars, with build quality that met or exceeded Fords I’ve had built stateside. Long story short, the MME being built there doesn’t bother me at all.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
as long as we can get avocados at a reasonable price I'm good. Love this car and i think it is priced fairly. 764 miles and only averaging about 2.7miles per kWh....If I didn't install a 12kWh solar system on my house last august I would be more upset with this range .
How cold had it been there? And how hard are you driving? Just got a note from someone in Colorado who got 3.9 on a trip that involves mostly freeway.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How cold had it been there? And how hard are you driving? Just got a note from someone in Colorado who got 3.9 on a trip that involves mostly freeway.
My first 200 miles, I sat cruise at 72 to 75 (about half of my miles are at speed), average on my CA Rt 1 was 3.5 mpkWh. Dropped cruise setting to 65, average climbed over the next 100 miles to 3.7. CA weather is pretty good, rarely use climate control.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
its barely been above 40 this past week. most miles have been in 30ish weather. i was pounding it first couple days and have had e-heater on all the time. electric seats and steering wheel to start. i actually read manual yesterday and will start warming car while on charger then doing without climate control to see what i can average. Next week we will be above 50 for a few days so looking foreword to increased mi/kwh
Sponsored