Does this make me the first lifted Mach-E?

Mike_Hawk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Extended AWD (Space White)
Country flag
I was the test vehicle for Eibach's prototype Sportline lowering springs AND lift springs.

In the end I decided to go with the lift springs since I was already apprehensive about the stock height especially with the low doors opening against curbs/sidewalks and clearing those pesky tall concrete stops in parking spaces.

Average of 1.5" lift (front 1.6" and rear 1.5" I believe). I never really had an issue with the "bounce" so I can't really say if it improved or got worse, however the extra clearance has been nice so far and adds to the "SUV" feel. I forgot to ask if it's a different spring rate, so I don't have that answer yet.

Also, I didn't notice a significant reduction in range but I've only had it for 1 solid day so far and I feel the height increase would outweigh any range reduction.

For those looking for some height and clearance, I'd recommend it when it goes into production.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Does this make me the first lifted Mach-E? 20230525_225413

Ford Mustang Mach-E Does this make me the first lifted Mach-E? 20230525_225448

Ford Mustang Mach-E Does this make me the first lifted Mach-E? 20230525_225507

slimothyjames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I think this is exactly what many folks are looking for. They only other alternative was the spacers but they are pricey for what it is and not an ideal solution.

Did you have to do any other modifications or take it in for an alignment? Or was it just a straight spring swap?

JLowe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Camaro, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Country flag
Looks well done, natural look to it. Next we’ll start seeing BFG All-Terrains, tubular bumpers with a winch, and off road LED lights 😜🤣

Last edited:

JLowe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Camaro, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Country flag
Need to find that user looking to get 6.0 inches of ground clearance for his driveway/garage. This would definitely take care of it.

sci_goat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2023 Rte1 Grabber Blue
Country flag
Would lifting give us the ability to add more suspension travel to smooth out the ride?

(I'm a suspension-dummy, so apologies if this is a dumb question.)

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
A little, the biggest noticeable difference to make the mach e lass harsh that I have tried is two things. First change out the sway bar bushings. Energy suspension makes ones that will fit. And secondly update the tires I went with 255/45/20 105 xl but you could also do 235/55/19 105 XL. Either of those sizes have a higher 105 load rating and can be run safely at 36 PSI and still support the weight of the MME

With those changes my car is noticeably smoother over rough surfaces. And where I live the roads are pretty bad.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Would lifting give us the ability to add more suspension travel to smooth out the ride?

The overall travel would still be the same. What a spring with a higher static ride height would do is give more compression travel before hitting the bump stops and give less extension travel. 😊🐩

helium89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forester
Country flag

It’s not a dumb question. Some vehicle lifts do add suspension travel, but that usually requires more extensive modifications to the suspension. When your car is driving along on a smooth, flat road, the suspension has travel in both the up (to absorb bumps) and down (to keep the wheels in contact with dips in the road) travel. Most lift (and lowering) kits keep the total travel the same and just change where in the travel range the vehicle sits. A lifting spring kit will add up travel and reduce down travel by the same amount.

Because modern suspension designs don’t move the wheels in a straight up-down path (they follow arcs and twist a bit as they move), this can impact the handling, even if you get the alignment set to stock at the new ride height. If you don’t drive at the vehicle’s limits and just want a bit of extra ground clearance for day to day driving, lifting springs can be a good option. If you need the vehicle to keep its factory handling characteristics or the goal is increasing travel or fitting bigger tires, it won’t do much good.

OP
OP

Mike_Hawk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Extended AWD (Space White)
Country flag
I think this is exactly what many folks are looking for. They only other alternative was the spacers but they are pricey for what it is and not an ideal solution.

Did you have to do any other modifications or take it in for an alignment? Or was it just a straight spring swap?
Springs only and they performed the alignment.

A little, the biggest noticeable difference to make the mach e lass harsh that I have tried is two things. First change out the sway bar bushings. Energy suspension makes ones that will fit. And secondly update the tires I went with 255/45/20 105 xl but you could also do 235/55/19 105 XL. Either of those sizes have a higher 105 load rating and can be run safely at 36 PSI and still support the weight of the MME

With those changes my car is noticeably smoother over rough surfaces. And where I live the roads are pretty bad.
Would that give the same overall diameter as the OEM tire?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Need to find that user looking to get 6.0 inches of ground clearance for his driveway/garage. This would definitely take care of it.
Tell me you don’t live in the snow belt without TELLING me you don’t live in the snow belt…

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Springs only and they performed the alignment.

Would that give the same overall diameter as the OEM tire?
No it's slightly larger than the factory size. Usually up to 3 % difference is acceptable

Screenshot_20230527_121925_TireCalc.jpg

Screenshot_20230527_121831_TireCalc.jpg

sci_goat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2023 Rte1 Grabber Blue
Country flag
Average of 1.5" lift (front 1.6" and rear 1.5" I believe). I never really had an issue with the "bounce" so I can't really say if it improved or got worse, however the extra clearance has been nice so far and adds to the "SUV" feel. I forgot to ask if it's a different spring rate, so I don't have that answer yet.
Hi Mike, any updates on the car? Now that you've had it a few weeks, any changes to your assessment?
Sponsored