Laexp

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Suddenly the drivers door will only open when I unlock via the fob. It worked one for a month. Thought I would check here first. Any thoughts welcome.
Sponsored

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
I had the same issue and Ford fixed it in 30 minutes.
In the meantime, if you push the button on any other door, the driver door button should work You'll have to then close that other door - an extra step, but a quick short-term fix until you have time to bring it in to the dealer.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I had this happen only once, pushing the back door button fixed the driver door lock.
I have intermittently another problem with all door buttons, including trunk is that sometimes I push the door button and hear the noise of door lock mechanism working but the door wouldn't open until you press the button again.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I think I'm having the same issue. Press the driver door switch: won't open. Press any other door, drivers door pops open. Problem showed up yesterday where for a few hours I had the physical key and phone in the car at once.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think I'm having the same issue. Press the driver door switch: won't open. Press any other door, drivers door pops open. Problem showed up yesterday where for a few hours I had the physical key and phone in the car at once.
Yup. You need the SSM.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah I'm going next week for the Paak/Bluetooth fix, maybe they can do both at once.
They definitely can, but they won’t necessarily do all the updates if you don’t complain about each problem. Look down the list of SSMs and TSBs and tell them you’re experiencing the described problem of each one that you want performed.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
They definitely can, but they won’t necessarily do all the updates if you don’t complain about each problem. Look down the list of SSMs and TSBs and tell them you’re experiencing the described problem of each one that you want performed.
Well I have exactly the issue as described. Driver side door will open only if second. Not first.

Maybe it's been like this since day one. I realized I almost always open the back door or hatch first to store my bag and let the kids in.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
I'm at the dealer waiting on service to perform the update from that SSM right now. Hopefully, it will take care of it for me.

FWIW, I find the best way to reproduce it is to lock the car, walk up and open the tailgate, then shut it. Note the mirror folds back in as you walk up to the driver's door. Then, 4 out of 5 times. the door will take anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds to respond to the button-press to unlock. If you open the rear door, it works right away.

UPDATE: The SSM update seems to have resolved the issue :)

Last edited:

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
I had the same issue - eventually with all 4 doors. The SSM 46976 fixed it. Dealer did the software fix same day.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
Where can I find that list? Thanks.

My-mache

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Mach-e
Occupation
IT
Country flag
How long did it take your dealership to apply the SSM? I’ve had that issue with my driver side door since I got my car and waited months for an appointment only to be told at drop off that they’d need all day and possibly 1-2 days to diagnose the issue. I don’t understand why something like this would take that long to diagnose when it’s literally a list of patches for the exact issues. I ended up just leaving because I can’t be without my car for days. Wondering if I just have a POS service department near me and need to go to another Ford dealership.
It also took 3 months to get my appointment at the dealership so this is extremely disappointing.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How long did it take your dealership to apply the SSM? I’ve had that issue with my driver side door since I got my car and waited months for an appointment only to be told at drop off that they’d need all day and possibly 1-2 days to diagnose the issue. I don’t understand why something like this would take that long to diagnose when it’s literally a list of patches for the exact issues. I ended up just leaving because I can’t be without my car for days. Wondering if I just have a POS service department near me and need to go to another Ford dealership.
It also took 3 months to get my appointment at the dealership so this is extremely disappointing.
They shouldn’t need it more than a day to apply all the updates in 21P22.
Sponsored