Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Update Tweakers via Google translate:

Update: 14:00 - Ford confirms that the Dutch deliveries of the Mustang Mach-E have been postponed. "The corona virus has delayed Ford and its suppliers," said a company spokesperson. The car manufacturer expects to be able to produce the first cars in the United States at the end of this year, after which it will take another four weeks before the Mustang Mach-E is in the Netherlands. The first Dutch cars will only be delivered in the first quarter of 2021.

Ford Netherlands is in talks with Ford Europe 'whether we can offer our customers a helping hand'. The pre-orders of the Mustang Mach-E can be canceled free of charge, according to the spokesman. This may not be the case for customers who converted this pre-order into an order. According to the spokesperson, there were 2,000 customers who ordered the Mach-E for this year's delivery.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet, but it sure seems that way. In either case the strong arm tactics they employed last week look even worse right now.

When they realize how big of a PR nightmare this can become I think they will either let you out of the contracts or find a way to get a VIN before January 1st so the registrations can be made for you in 2020.

Cancel free of charge is not yet possible...

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Cancel free of charge is not yet possible...
Sure, but I think it will be eventually. That, or they will find a way to get the VIN numbers before december 31. Who knows, maybe the dutch government will step in with an extension?

I wouldn't panic quite yet, Ford can't afford another public embarrassment.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
oh i don't panic, i buy the car private, so nothing to do with tax....

Delivery in Jan/Feb is better for me, the car is on paper from 2021!

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
I will check with the lease company on Monday. Not much hope but honestly the tax advantage was important to choose for this car. I am embarrassed with this tactic of Ford and will cancel as soon as I can. Would be great to have some info from others who managed to cancel a reservation at a lease company.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
At first i was shocked too, but it makes little difference in my taxes.

My model is the most expensive one (70.000 euro)
The difference in taxes is 106 euro (netto) per month.

I think i will survive this, not happy offcourse, but who knew this could even happen ?

I did speak to my lease company last friday about this and they assured me that " they" are working on this. Either the lobby at the government works and we get a deal or Ford will compensate something. If nothing happens that i like, i will decide if i am keeping the lease or not in December.

Besides what are the alternatives ?
Tesla ? Nope not for me (dislike the car/brand)
Audi ? Nope not for me (dislike the low range and brand)
Mercedes ? Nope, did make a testdrive in it, but it is very dissapointing
Polar ? No it is not a MPV/SUV

Besides getting the Mustang was not only financially driven, i do like the looks of the car. I am driving Hybrids for 7,5 years now, i am ready to go electric only.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will check with the lease company on Monday. Not much hope but honestly the tax advantage was important to choose for this car. I am embarrassed with this tactic of Ford and will cancel as soon as I can. Would be great to have some info from others who managed to cancel a reservation at a lease company.
I'm confused on the "tactic" you're referring to. Do you mean the car being delayed due to the virus closures, or some other aspect I'm not following?

I totally get how missing out on a huge tax credit can make the difference on getting the car or not. It is for me too. Without the roughly $10,000 in tax credits (or an equivalent lowering of the price), I'm not buying it either. But I can't blame Ford for manufacturing delays because of government-mandated closures.

I would, however, be pissed at a government policy that hands out $10k tax credits on Dec 31 and nothing on Jan 1.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm confused on the "tactic" you're referring to. Do you mean the car being delayed due to the virus closures, or some other aspect I'm not following?

I totally get how missing out on a huge tax credit can make the difference on getting the car or not. It is for me too. Without the roughly $10,000 in tax credits (or an equivalent lowering of the price), I'm not buying it either. But I can't blame Ford for manufacturing delays because of government-mandated closures.

I would, however, be pissed at a government policy that hands out $10k tax credits on Dec 31 and nothing on Jan 1.
I would guess the tactic wherein they assured people that if they committed to a contract with nonrefundable deposit they were guaranteed the car before 2021, and 2 weeks later when those people were locked in ford changed the story. It appears ford was not acting in good faith, whether they were or not is unknown at this time

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I would guess the tactic wherein they assured people that if they committed to a contract with nonrefundable deposit they were guaranteed the car before 2021, and 2 weeks later when those people were locked in ford changed the story. It appears ford was not acting in good faith, whether they were or not is unknown at this time
I thought the one contract we were made aware of was contigent on delivery before the end of 2020. Now that that isn't the case, wouldn't the contract be null and void.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would guess the tactic wherein they assured people that if they committed to a contract with nonrefundable deposit they were guaranteed the car before 2021, and 2 weeks later when those people were locked in ford changed the story.
If that's the actual scenario, then I'd agree. Not sure if that was really "assured" or just the expectation at the time (which changed when production delays were determined to be unavoidable). And I agree that any non-refundable deposit before even getting to see one is a terrible approach (which I would never agree to).

I wonder if those contracts were from dealerships, or Ford NL?

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
It reads that Europe is considering a cancellation and the VAT on EVs, which could if this is the case possibly resolve your tax problem in the Netherlands ... Objective of reviving the European automobile industry via a coup de thumb to ecology. In addition in France, the government which wants to push the ecological transition will offer increased aid for EVs of around € 8,000. Other countries may follow this idea.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
It reads that Europe is considering a cancellation and the VAT on EVs, which could if this is the case possibly resolve your tax problem in the Netherlands ... Objective of reviving the European automobile industry via a coup de thumb to ecology. In addition in France, the government which wants to push the ecological transition will offer increased aid for EVs of around € 8,000. Other countries may follow this idea.
Do you have any reference articles for this ? I am very interested.

Also in our country the VAT is already given back if the car was being bought by a company.
So if the car is 70.000 (with 21% tax) , the company will get this back within 3 months.
So the extra 13.000 is already given back..so the actual price is 57.000

This is not only the case for electric cars, but for all items bought by a company.

Last edited:

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
[/QUOTE
TVA et Bonus écologique ça sera intéressant tout dépend a quel montant le prix d'achat est limité. Pour une FE à 69 500€ pour le moment j'ai droit à rien. Et pourtant je ne roule pas sur l'or, c'est juste mes économies pour me faire un plaisir

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
Je disais Bonus écologique et TVA ok, sauf que pour une FE à 69 500€ j'ai droit à rien et pourtant ce ne sont que des économies pour me faire plaisir, je roule pas sur l'or