TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I partly agree as the guys that cancel will most likely lease a Tesla, a Polestar or whatsoever. So in the end Ford sells less cars, loses clients that are going to competitors (and might not return to Ford) and in the end less market share in the EV segment.
Since there's a limited number of 2021 MMEs, it probably won't translate into Ford selling less of them. I'm guessing all 50,000 will sell somewhere. I agree that if a buyer was ready to buy an MME, their alternate purchase (if they don't bite the bullet and buy an MME anyway) is probably gonna be a different BEV (which means another manufacturer since the MME is Ford's only BEV).

It's never good to piss off potential customers, of course. But here's my main point -- the production delay pushing it into 2021 is not Ford's fault. Neither is the tax law that screws EV buyers in 2021 relative to 2020. So Ford has nothing to apologize for - or to make up for - in that regard.

But they DO if they required non-refundable deposits. That's the part they need to remedy, by refunding those deposits for anyone that wants out because the government won't issue a tax credit.
Sponsored

fvdoorn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, MG
Country flag
I cancelled my reservation. My dealer paid back the deposit. The contract I signed explicitly stated delivery this year.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Has anyone in the Netherlands had feed back from Ford NL or the lease company about either the possibility to register the MME in 2020 or about any compensation?

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
I didn't even got a word from the lease company that it is officially delayed. Only found out the news via this platform. So don't expect any compensation offers soon.

I'm still working with Ford NL to get my car on the website platform as well, as they seem to struggle there.

The Bovag plan would be a good one to follow though ;)

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here. Hopefully no news means that they are still trying to find a suitable solution. The clock is ticking as an alternative EV needs to be ordered quite soon in order to be registered in 2020.

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
Yes agreed, started looking looking into the alternatives, but that didn't make me happy so far. Just don't want to go for Tesla or Jaguar.

And driving a non electric will cost (a lot) more in the segment we're looking at.
So hopes and prayers for a 2020 registration or a Bovag plan like above...

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
Yes same here. Alternative for full electric is nowhere close to the Mach E either in looks or in range. I don't see a realistic alternative which accommodates 3 kids in the back. Maybe a phev car will suit better, it is expensive in tax that is the bad thing.

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
Yes same here. Alternative for full electric is nowhere close to the Mach E either in looks or in range. I don't see a realistic alternative which accommodates 3 kids in the back. Maybe a phev car will suit better, it is expensive in tax that is the bad thing.
Well you might want to look at the Airways u5. It is superbig and with 63 kW not bad. Your kids will fit fine. And as its just 36K the bijtelling will be awesome. Might be my alternative if the Mach e won't work this yeat

Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag
Skoda Enyaq, Audi A4 e-tron and VW ID.4 are also planned for early 2021; however how they will look, especially from inside is a question mark.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
No news neither here.

I suppose Ford is stil working on a solution!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Skoda Enyaq, Audi A4 e-tron and VW ID.4 are also planned for early 2021; however how they will look, especially from inside is a question mark.
Those are just in the same tax boat as the Mach-e due out (for Europe) in early 2021.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Indeed. My hope is on BOVAG pleading for a one off exemption for only EVs that were ordered pre corona, supposed to be delivered in 2020 but due to covid delayed till 2021. The MME could qualify for this in case final order signed before 9th of May.
As delivery is expected in week 12 and onwards I doubt whether registration in 2020 is possible.

Let's wait for a reaction of Ford NL or our lease company and hope no news means still working on a solution
Sponsored