Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I generate from my solar panels is used by my "neighbors" and they pay the full transmission & distribution fees. . .even though the electricity only traveled a short distance.
The issue is that those without solar are paying the transmission and distribution costs... not you. By you having solar, you increase the costs for those around you who do not.
Sponsored

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid. 2022 MME CR1 on order
Country flag
This is a fascinating thread... it shows that adoption of personal EVs is really influenced by the adaptability (or lack of same) shown by the many many local utility companies and their state or lower-level public regulating cmmissions.

Here in Virginia, the dominant electric utility Dominion Power and a former governor who grabbed some Federal "shovel-ready" $$$ back in 2010, started a pilot program which continues to this day (and hopefully forever). The governor paid for a 2d residential electric meter, the utility inspected and verified that the customer's line from the 2d electric meter went directly to, and only to the EV supply equipment, and as a result we residential participants have a TOU-only-for-EVSE apability in addition to regular house electric meter capability, on one bill.

Attached is the Dominion Power TOU reference graphic on my wall, and my electric bill from August showing the house use, and separately the yellow-highlighted EV use, in kWh.

I think this residential EV-only TOU pilot is a great program. At installation, I only paid for the installation of the line from the 2d meter to the EVSE. Luckily, I insisted on 6-gauge wires even though at the time, common use was 12-gauge wires as the original early EVSE was only capable of 20 amps. The attached bill shows my use of a Grizzl-E basic 40-amp EVSE.

20221117_095643.jpg

20221117_100444.jpg
Iā€™m with Dominion and Iā€™ve been searching for any EV-related programs. The ones Iā€™ve seen arenā€™t open to new customers (?). Iā€™ll check out the URL above.
We also just started solar usage, adding another layer of tracking and monitoring our energy costs and savings.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Iā€™m with Dominion and Iā€™ve been searching for any EV-related programs. The ones Iā€™ve seen arenā€™t open to new customers (?). Iā€™ll check out the URL above.
We also just started solar usage, adding another layer of tracking and monitoring our energy costs and savings.
This was a pilot program started by Virginia's Governor McDonnell when the 2009 Federal "shovel-ready" funds were available. I know my membership continues and I hope it's open today for all as EV driving is taking seriously off.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I filled out the form online. I'll see what happens next.
Hey - I see that we both have / had a 2015 Fusion Hybrid... mine was the plug-in Energi.

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So, is there any way to download data between the Fordpass or chargepoint app for ongoing data analysis? Is it a manual exercise? Love excel and watching things over time.
  • ford pass->vehicle->Charging->my Ev Driving I see mileage data for what appears to be 30 days. Includes mileage, energy used, energy details when drilling into the details in each item
  • ford pass->vehicle->Charging-> charge logs includes energy used
  • Chargepoint (personal charger) app -> charging activity includes mileage, time charged and cost to charge. Cost to charge doesnā€™t include additional costs (I.e. standard set billing costs, additional transmission costs per kWh.)

OP
OP
DF33

DF33

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Toyota Siena, BMW I3, MachE GT
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
You can go onto the ChargePoint website and log in to your account and then download your charging data. Don't think there is a similar function on the ford site. At least I couldn't find it. To create my log, every time I charged, I just logged it into my excel sheet, or if I didn't have time, I did a screenshot the relevant screen from the ford app and added it later. Personally, I kind of liked doing it manually because I can monitor how I am doing.

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was wondering the same thing about downloading the driving stats from FordPass. Will just continue keying into spreadsheet until that functionality is ever possible. I like to see how my averages are doing so I can manage my driving style better.
Sponsored