Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Look, you do you but it doesn't matter why you hate him, I never said it was because of his money. Personally, I am avidly against drugs and Elon uses. I wouldn't be friends with the guy and I don't agree with his choices, but it's his life and I don't have to follow him on X, listen to him or be around him.

There's a lot of people in this world I disagree with, including Donald, Hunter and Joe, but I don't let them live in my head. Coming on a forum and saying these wild things about random people who you don't even know is just strange. I recognize Elon for the things he's done and what I don't agree with I don't let bother me. I don't think it's healthy to focus on so much hate for someone. That doesn't make us fanboys, it makes us realists.
I for one don't "hate" Elon. I think, like you have said Elon has contributed much to the EV world if you will.

I do think he is arrogant and does things like a defiant child would do in many cases.

Hate is an emotion. Calling someone arrogant and acting like a child is being a realist as well and doesn't mean that you hate the person. You are assuming that many on this forum "hate" Elon but I would guess that many just think he is a wealthy and intelligent (in his own way) moron. Yes, he is intelligent but not smart with his skillset.

I could give you a list of people that I don't hate but I think are morons. I actually feel sorry for those that have so much talent and seem to waste their talent on being arrogant. Now if I were one of the people in Elon's family that he has screwed, I would certainly feel that emotion of hate. I am not and I don't care at this point.

I am basically an onlooker that thinks he is not a man that I would even remotely admire unlike some on this forum. šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Having been involved in this thread earlier and staying silent for the last week or so I would like to add one thing. Has nothing to do with musk. Whatever he has accomplished, he deserves, bad and good.

I am pretty much a middle of the road person, having said that, I always said when I interviewed people for a position , what I really want to see is someone's parents balance sheet. The worse that BS was the more I would want to hire that person. Of course that isnā€™t always right or feasible but.

they didnā€™t always turn out to be the better employee but they generally would work very hard and many times had more desire out of necessity.

my 2 cents.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
Having been involved in this thread earlier and staying silent for the last week or so I would like to add one thing. Has nothing to do with musk. Whatever he has accomplished, he deserves, bad and good.

I am pretty much a middle of the road person, having said that, I always said when I interviewed people for a position , what I really want to see is someone's parents balance sheet. The worse that BS was the more I would want to hire that person. Of course that isnā€™t always right or feasible but.

they didnā€™t always turn out to be the better employee but they generally would work very hard and many times had more desire out of necessity.

my 2 cents.
Have you ever heard "The Apple doesn't fall far from the Tree"?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you ever heard "The Apple doesn't fall far from the Tree"?
Have no clue what you mean here. Maybe itā€™s late and I am tired

what I meant was that sometimes people that come from less have more desire to succeed and work harder than those that come from a cushier upbringing

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
Have no clue what you mean here. Maybe itā€™s late and I am tired

what I meant was that sometimes people that come from less have more desire to succeed and work harder than those that come from a cushier upbringing
What I mean is that if the Balance Sheet of the parent is bad, chances are IMHO is that the product (kid) of said parent will be likely to have a poor Balance Sheet as well.

See definition below.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/apple-doesn-t-fall-far-from-the-tree

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What I mean is that if the Balance Sheet of the parent is bad, chances are IMHO is that the product (kid) of said parent will be likely to have a poor Balance Sheet as well.

See definition below.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/apple-doesn-t-fall-far-from-the-tree
Yes but at 22 out of college , which I should have mentioned, none or very few have any balance sheet

we hired many people directly out of college and I was thinking exclusively of those .

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Such a reasoned and thoughtful critique of the man. I am thoroughly impressed.
Such a reasoned and thoughtful critique of the man. I am thoroughly impressed.
I didn't know if the fansboys would understand what a narcissistic megalomaniac is. They tend to gravitate towards people like Elon and Trump thinking it's a good thing.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any increases in costs due to labor will partly be offset as batteries get cheaper to make and more efficient.
Which still leaves them way behind Tesla on EV cost structure and margin. When they have so far to go to close the gap, it's hard to be adding lots of cost anywhere, really. (Plus lower battery costs help Tesla justcas much.)

Fortunately for Ford, they're still mostly an ICE company.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I didn't know if the fansboys would understand what a narcissistic megalomaniac is. They tend to gravitate towards people like Elon and Trump thinking it's a good thing.
Not everyone believes the same distorted ideas that you do or dwells on someone who's been out of office for 3 years. That might come as a shock to you and if you need a crisis intervention team to help deal with that I'll put a link here for you.

Some of us can see the accomplishments in people no matter what things they do that we disagree with. That doesn't make anyone a fanboy, but if you believe we are fanboys because we try to see the good in everyone then call me a fanboy. I would much rather be a fanboy than always be thinking about the bad in people.

Last edited:

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Not everyone believes the same distorted ideas that you do or dwells on someone who's been out of office for 3 years. That might come as a shock to you and if you need a crisis intervention team to help deal with that I'll put a link here for you.

Some of us can see the accomplishments in people no matter what things they do that we disagree with. That doesn't make anyone a fanboy, but if you believe we are fanboys because we try to see the good in everyone then call me a fanboy. I would much rather be a fanboy than always be thinking about the bad in people.
Here's a tip if you people show you their sociopathic tendencies believe them.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
We believe you!
don't attack the messenger

Here's a quote you won't get from right wing news. From John Kelly a republican and Trump's longest serving Chief of Staff, Trump is ā€œa person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ā€˜suckersā€™ because ā€˜there is nothing in it for them.ā€™ā€

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Here's a quote you won't get from right wing news. From John Kelly a republican and Trump's longest serving Chief of Staff, Trump is ā€œa person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ā€˜suckersā€™ because ā€˜there is nothing in it for them.ā€™ā€
Bro, do you not see what you are doing? This thread isn't about Trump at all. No one even mentioned him. It's seriously a problem if you can't stop thinking about these people. Recognizing an accomplished person regardless of their flaws is not political. Also, Elon has voted Democrat in every single election so far.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think he's referring to the Super Heavy attempt. It was said before the launch that they weren't even expecting it to leave the pad. So, from my understanding the cheer was in reaction to the fact that it accomplished more than they thought it would.
Definitely the same launch Iā€™m talking about.

I watched it and then watched it again.

I understand it was a success to get off the pad.

But when they cheer right when it explodes????

That is a fake as hell, pre-planned reaction. ā€œOk everyone, if it blows up, make sure to cheer, remember we are on cameraā€¦..ā€

A natural reaction would have been disappointment, a few swear words, then maybe acceptance that at least it got off the launch pad. Maybe a half hearted pity clap.

Basically the same kinda reaction when you throw a ball bearing through a bulletproof windowā€¦..

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Not sharing my opinion of Trump but never voted for him. That being said people who post here on the forum do share a bit about themselves which does give me a sense about them. I just made a sarcastic reply to the type of comment I feel a sociopath might make. Not attacking you. Just pointing out that the comment appears to be attacking others which is what I find a bit funny. Speaking of predictions - I predict this thread will be locked shortly!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.