Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Does your vehicle have folding side mirrors? If so, the Mustang projectors won't turn on unless the mirrors are folded in.
Yes, he has folding side mirrors. And as I wrote, he did it once. I must say at that moment I had some female passengers, so perhaps that's why he did something extra? 😁
Sponsored

Flashgolfer

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
WOW! I am embarrassed to say this...I've spent a lot of time in the manual, but clearly not enough. I've had my GT PE for a full two months now and was always surprised that one could not adjust the steering wheel (I had looked but could find the release lever)...I was actually OK with the position it came with, but now I will play with other options (especially for my wife)....reading a 400+page manual is very tedious (especially with all the legalese and disclaimers), but I will need to find some zen and go over it again!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
3/4 of these posts are explained in the manual...

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
3/4 of these posts are explained in the manual...
It’s pretty much impossible to read that thing and expect to retain much before having the car. It also reads worse than your average aircraft operating manual. Easier to read than most 19th century Russian novels though.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E 4X, '17 Outback, '10 Jetta, '01 Beetle
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
When you get on a divided highway that is handsfree, the instrument panel will tell you that you can remove your hands from the wheel. As you approach areas where you need to put your hands back on (i.e. big curve in the road), it will tell you.
My car does not seem to do this - it just drops out of BC with no advance warning. Could this be because my hands were already on the wheel? The drop-outs are brief and for no obvious reason.

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
My car does not seem to do this - it just drops out of BC with no advance warning. Could this be because my hands were already on the wheel? The drop-outs are brief and for no obvious reason.
I've noticed that behavior, as well. Disconcerting, at best.

rjRayes

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE AWD EXT
Country flag
Laughed at these posts then yesterday realized the visors have built-in paperclips on both front and back of driver and passenger side visors.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yes if you're already paying attention to the road, and your hands are controlling the wheel, then you won't hear audible transitions out of hands-free and you won't see the message stating that you need to resume control of the wheel.

No matter what, though, if the vehicle is operating in hands-free mode, then the lane keeping system (LKS) indicator on your dashboard is blue. If it is in a hands-on mode, then it is some other color or not illuminated (e.g. it is green for lane centering, or black/off if LKS is turned off).

Some of this is covered in the official instructional video:

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
My Alexa grays out (is not available) when I am driving. Does yours work when you are on the road?
Yeah definitely, I can talk to it while driving.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I knew they were there, but I finally found a use for the very high, short, and small cubby pocket in the larger driver’s door cubby at the very end nearest the passenger door. This is a perfectly sized space to put a stack of individually wrapped glasses wipes.
We stuff a microfiber towel in there (both front doors). Those are always bright obnoxious colors, but they hide perfectly in there. Use them to clean our eyeglasses, and the fingerprints off the center screen.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Those little side trays in the back corners of the rear cargo area are a good place throw a handful of small zip ties. I use them to afix the floppy cargo cover that's always popping off the spindles. If I need to remove it, I just clip them off with nail clippers.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What have you found on your MME that you really should have noticed sooner? Go ahead, spill the beans - this is a safe space!
That it's better to end all DCFC charging sessions by pressing the button inside the charge port door on the car rather that the stop button on the charger screen. That ends the session more cleanly (from the car side) and avoids those Charge Fault errors.

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
The door buttons illuminate when the car recognizes your PAAK/fob.

For the longest time I'd stand there like a fool repeatedly pressing the button hoping PAAK had connected since the last time I pressed it (1/2 second ago). :D

No need. The light tells you.
Sponsored