First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My guess is they told you six-eight to keep you from calling. LOL
Maybe they want to drive it around a few weeks before you know it is there.

Dealer: "The extra mileage on your car is just the extra testing they like to put new models through, sir."
Sponsored

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, dealer prep, drilling holes in the bumper for your front license plate. Hope they get them straight.

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Grabber Blue
Country flag
Yes, dealer prep, drilling holes in the bumper for your front license plate. Hope they get them straight.
Dumb question, but I'm wondering if the dealer would not to drill the front plate holes if requested. CA requires front plates, but I'm pondering moving to a state without a front plate requirement.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Dumb question, but I'm wondering if the dealer would not to drill the front plate holes if requested. CA requires front plates, but I'm pondering moving to a state without a front plate requirement.
I"ve placed in the request to my dealer, but plan to remind them several times once the car is in-transit.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You can do that. The fines start at $197 if the CHP tickets you though.

Look into a license plate wrap for your MME. Solves the ticketing risk and keeps the front bumper free of metal plates, frames, and holders.

https://licenseplatewrap.com/

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably, just stand in front of the porter.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag

Look into a license plate wrap for your MME. Solves the ticketing risk and keeps the front bumper free of metal plates, frames, and holders.

A guy in Ontario canada did this. He got ticketed. Just because the state approves doesnt nean the cops know. Be careful with this

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
A guy in Ontario canada did this. He got ticketed. Just because the state approves doesnt nean the cops know. Be careful with this
The warp is approved by the State of California and the California Highway Patrol. The person asking the question lives in California.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

This and other options are discussed in https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/what-are-peoples-plans-for-front-license-plates.1295/

Yes, I plan to insist that my dealer not install the front plate holder and I plan to go with Craig's Custom License Plate Holder. We've measured the Mach E and talked with Craig, who is confident his Universal Mount will be perfect.

When I was at one of the Mach E Tour sites, the purchasing manager told me they specifically order no front plates installed on any Mustang unless the purchaser specifically requests it. He knows Mustang drivers!

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
If necessary holes are easier to drill than fill, and I’m sure the plate wrap is easily removed.
Sorry my mistake let me clarify what if you go on a trip out of state?

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
What if you leave the state?
If you mean the driver takes the MME out of state on a trip, then the Full Faith and Credit clause of the constitution requires other states to honor the CA rule regardless of its own rules. If you mean the person moves out of CA and takes the MME "permanently" to a different state, then the MME must have the license mounted in accordance with the requirements of the new state.

FWIW the CA requirement for a front license plate seems to be observed in the breach.
Sponsored