EZ-Pass ... SunPass .... E-Pass WHERE TO HANG IT ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 3569
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 3569

I have put an astounding 941 miles on my brand new Infinite Blue Mach-e Premium RWD 68 kwH battery since May 25th to now, production date of March 2021 and encountered only one issue: I had to crawl almost to a stand still to the utmost annoyance of the rear car whenever I went through the toll booths otherwise my E-Pass (FL) would not register; I got two non-registering events on NJ Tpk with administration fee of $50 for each toll violation. What is the consensus where to put the transponder? .... under the rearview mirror? on driver's side? or on passenger side? Any thoughts ??? I checked the activity log on my E-Pass and saw every other transaction prior to and after the two events listed accordingly. I traveled so far on: NJ Tpk, Garden State Pkwy (NJ), MD HOV lanes, PA Tpk, Mario Cuomo Bdge (NY); Merritt Pkwy (NY); ME Tpk, Chesapeake Bay Tunnel and Holland Tunnel (NY). My transponder is issued by E-Pass from Florida that is supposed to be inter-operable throughout the Northeast.
Sponsored

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
I have been having issues with my radar detector acquiring GPS. I believe the culprit is the IRR windshield.

Try relocating your RFID pass to where the broken black dots are, just behind above the rear-view mirror.

Good luck.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
We attached our sunpass to the windshield just below the rear view mirror.
If it's not in the black dotted area on each side of the mirror, it will not work. That dotted area is the only part without the coating.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

If it's not in the black dotted area on each side of the mirror, it will not work. That dotted area is the only part without the coating.
To clarify: you are saying that the black dotted area of the St. Gobain glass is the area devoid of any IRR? ... well it makes sense then ... if it lacks IRR then the black dots will block the heat from the sun rays? The only problem is that I can't experiment with my community's gate "stick ons" ... they charge $35 for each. On the E-Pass I got the suction cups, so its easy to move from location to location. The black dots are embedded into the glass, they are not painted onto the glass surface.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I have my 91 express cardboard electronic sticker in the dotted area. Works. billed.
Ford Mustang Mach-E EZ-Pass ... SunPass .... E-Pass WHERE TO HANG IT ??? 1623374304065

6/5/2021 5:08:40 PM6/5/2021 5:12:28 PM91W 15N Co. Line L#28VQF---607519Paid $2.95

Last edited:

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
you are saying that the black dotted area of the St. Gobain glass is the area devoid of any IRR?
I don't know what St Gobain means. But yes, the black dotted area on the top of the windshield, near the rear view mirror.

That's the conclusion from https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ez-pass-transponder-interference.3463/

I placed my FasTrak Flex (issued by BayAreaFastrak) there and it worked every time:
* It beeps
* The online statement shows the fastrak transponder number, not my license plate number.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

I don't know what St Gobain means. But yes, the black dotted area on the top of the windshield, near the rear view mirror.

That's the conclusion from https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ez-pass-transponder-interference.3463/

I placed my FasTrak Flex (issued by BayAreaFastrak) there and it worked every time:
* It beeps
* The online statement shows the fastrak transponder number, not my license plate number.
St Gobain, or Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A. is a French multinational corporation, founded in 1665 in Paris is the manufacturer of super duper high tech glass that is featured in specialized applications ... from jet cockpits to infrared resistant, to thermal insulated, to acoustic glasses, they started as manufacturer of exceptionally distortion free mirrors. Ford apparently has contracted out St. Gobain of North America to be supplier of glass for Mach-e.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
To clarify: you are saying that the black dotted area of the St. Gobain glass is the area devoid of any IRR? ... well it makes sense then ... if it lacks IRR then the black dots will block the heat from the sun rays? The only problem is that I can't experiment with my community's gate "stick ons" ... they charge $35 for each. On the E-Pass I got the suction cups, so its easy to move from location to location. The black dots are embedded into the glass, they are not painted onto the glass surface.
Yes, the black dotted area is the place to put all transponders. If you want to test the community sticker, just use some scotch tape first before peeling and sticking. That’s how I figured it out with the help of the property manager - she suspected the eventual correct spot based on experience with other cars in the neighborhood.

Janjan

First Name
Janice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E X Premium
Occupation
Customer service for United airlines
Country flag
Thats where mine has been and I got a letter saying it has not been reading...