First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 1968 Mustang Coupe, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anybody know why this guy at 7:17 is having so many problems?

I don’t believe he had yet enabled or activated his plug and charge account in the FordPass app. Same thing happened to me the first time I tried it. It took about 60 seconds to figure out and resolve in the app by reading the instructions. Worked perfectly after that.

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE Red, 2013 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t believe he had yet enabled or activated his plug and charge account in the FordPass app. Same thing happened to me the first time I tried it. It took about 60 seconds to figure out and resolve in the app by reading the instructions. Worked perfectly after that.
Yep. Have to go into the FP app and turn on Plug&Charge. I think it's off by default.

And while I'm not sure, I think maybe Connected Services and a credit card registered in the Ford account might need to be in place as well. I heard someone say there's a way around that, but that would be a normal thing to set up first. Gonna need a payment profile set up when the free 250 (or 500) kWh runs out anyway.

Although FWIW, I like using the EA app better, and leaving P&C turned off. It's faster, and it's currently needed to get the discounted EA Pass+ rates (until they get the Pass+ rates working with FP).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E (CA RT1), 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yep. Have to go into the FP app and turn on Plug&Charge. I think it's off by default.

And while I'm not sure, I think maybe Connected Services and a credit card registered in the Ford account might need to be in place as well. I heard someone say there's a way around that, but that would be a normal thing to set up first. Gonna need a payment profile set up when the free 250 (or 500) kWh runs out anyway.

Although FWIW, I like using the EA app better, and leaving P&C turned off. It's faster, and it's currently needed to get the discounted EA Pass+ rates (until they get the Pass+ rates working with FP).
exactly. you need to add a valid credit card to your ford wallet, enable connected services, and then enable P&C in the app.

All steps are outlined by @hybrid2bev here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/

Advertisement

Advertisement