Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I donā€™t know. I had a 2013 Leaf with 90K miles until I bought the MME May of 2022.
My Leaf had 11 out of 12 bars of capacity while similar ones had 5-6 bars. I hardly ever used a DCFC. My theory is that others used DCFC more often.
I live in Seattle which has very mild climate.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Iā€™m not a battery expert, but when they compare vehicles that DCFC 90% to those that do it 10% of the time and see no difference, they canā€™t possibly conclude that: DCFC is okay occasionally! The right conclusion is that DCFC has no statistical significance on Tesla vehicles at all, but they are too afraid to say that.

Some of us DCFC exclusively and donā€™t precondition. Weā€™ll see what happens to our batteries.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I donā€™t know. I had a 2013 Leaf with 90K miles until I bought the MME May of 2022.
My Leaf had 11 out of 12 bars of capacity while similar ones had 5-6 bars. I hardly ever used a DCFC. My theory is that others used DCFC more often.
I live in Seattle which has very mild climate.
Leafs have air cooling, so are a bit different. Mild climate and primarily AC charging with minimal DC charging means you were able to keep that battery in great shape. Most EVs these days have better battery cooling (and heating), and Tesla is probably best at battery temperature regulation right now. That means less impact from DC charging and wider ranges of temperatures.

Dohara

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Editon
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Interesting charging information from these folks. I have no bias. Let proton torpedoes be launched.

https://www.recurrentauto.com/research/impacts-of-fast-charging
I have 80,000 miles on my MME. I looked at my EA app the other day and I have 380 charging sessions just at EA. My car charges just as fast today if not faster than new. I also get the same amount of miles on the GOM and my actual miles driven compared miles used is just the same as when new if not better. I don't see any loss of battery yet.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I have 80,000 miles on my MME. I looked at my EA app the other day and I have 380 charging sessions just at EA. My car charges just as fast today if not faster than new. I also get the same amount of miles on the GOM and my actual miles driven compared miles used is just the same as when new if not better. I don't see any loss of battery yet.
Get a OBD scanner and check the battery SoH. It won't be 100%.

OP
OP
Say Watt

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Iā€™m not a battery expert, but when they compare vehicles that DCFC 90% to those that do it 10% of the time and see no difference, they canā€™t possibly conclude that: DCFC is okay occasionally! The right conclusion is that DCFC has no statistical significance on Tesla vehicles at all, but they are too afraid to say that.

Some of us DCFC exclusively and donā€™t precondition. Weā€™ll see what happens to our batteries.
this was my thought exactly, these people either have no ability in reading statistics or there's something they're not telling us because that was not the conclusion of the graph lol

we don't get to make up conclusions if we don't like it... the graph shows there's no material difference. if we don't think that's right we need to look at why that's the case not change the reading...

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Out of 22,067kWh bought in 27mths & now 66,000 miles, 2,600kWH from DCFC and battery state of health still at 95.5%, same as it was 10,000 miles ago (didnā€™t start monitoring until c57,000miles, not even sure there ever was a 100%šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø.
Sponsored