Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I got my FE I immediately went to order a Charge Point charger only to find that there were none to had (except for one with 100% markup). I even called Charge Point and they said they wouldn’t have any more until the end of April! So, I jumped to JuiceBox 32, the new #1 on Amazon. The order was accepted. A day on to later (March 24) I tracked it and found that a UPS label was printed for it on March 23rd. Happy day! Now, on the 31st, UPS says they have not received it. So, I called enelX customer service and they tell me they ran out on the 24th! The UPS label was printed and sent to the distribution center where they are waiting for more charging stations. Like when? Soon! Frustration!
Sponsored

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
When I got my FE I immediately went to order a Charge Point charger only to find that there were none to had (except for one with 100% markup). I even called Charge Point and they said they wouldn’t have any more until the end of April! So, I jumped to JuiceBox 32, the new #1 on Amazon. The order was accepted. A day on to later (March 24) I tracked it and found that a UPS label was printed for it on March 23rd. Happy day! Now, on the 31st, UPS says they have not received it. So, I called enelX customer service and they tell me they ran out on the 24th! The UPS label was printed and sent to the distribution center where they are waiting for more charging stations. Like when? Soon! Frustration!
Sorry man. For now get the wiring in place and plug your mobile charger into it until you get your new unit.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you check on the JuiceBox 40 directly on the enelx website? They sent one to me last week.

https://evcharging.enelx.com/store/...k2BtSXhk_FgwF4dyO-nqovLG2r_e_oKRoCOagQAvD_BwE

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sorry man. For now get the wiring in place and plug your mobile charger into it until you get your new unit.
One of the several reasons I went with a 14-50 EVSE instead of hardwired.

Jim, have you checked with grizzl-e or clippercreek? I'm very happy with my grizzl-E, although the cable is thicker than most others. That's probably a good thing, though.

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve had the wiring in place for 4 weeks and am using the Ford charger which works just fine. Just want to stop unpacking and asking it to keep it in the car.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I’ve had the wiring in place for 4 weeks and am using the Ford charger which works just fine. Just want to stop unpacking and asking it to keep it in the car.
Not judging - but why are you packing it and keeping it in the car? Mine lives at home and I don't plan to take it with me unless it's a long trip where I know I will need it.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
One of the several reasons I went with a 14-50 EVSE instead of hardwired.

Jim, have you checked with grizzl-e or clippercreek? I'm very happy with my grizzl-E, although the cable is thicker than most others. That's probably a good thing, though.
I have the same Grizzl-E one with the thick cable. It's hefty! Luckily they also sell a premium cable that's thinner and more flexible. I am considering swapping it out for that at some point.

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not judging - but why are you packing it and keeping it in the car? Mine lives at home and I don't plan to take it with me unless it's a long trip where I know I will need it.
No confidence but I‘m going on a trip Friday... not much but all uphill against the prevailing winds! 200 miles! Should be fine and there are plenty of charging station at the destination.

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the same Grizzl-E one with the thick cable. It's hefty! Luckily they also sell a premium cable that's thinner and more flexible. I am considering swapping it out for that at some point.
Nope! But I’m already paid up for the JuiceBox. Already returned a Charge Point that wasn’t a 14-50. Tired.

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I bought the premium cable. It is still thick but I don’t know how it is compared to your non-premium cable. I can say it’s about twice as thick as the cable that came with the car.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
ChargePoint is in stock at Amazon IF you order it with the NEMA 6-50 plug (3-conductor type plug) instead of the NEMA 14-50.

If you plan to hard wire the charger (which is what I did) then it doesn't matter which plug type you order.

Here's the actual NEMA 14-50 plug from my ChargePoint Home Flex. To remove it, you flip up the three lever-locks (the wire lugs are lever-locks instead of screw-down lugs), then pull out that tab that says "Cable Clip" (that's a retainer that holds the plug to the bottom of the box) and slide it out. That's it. Slide in your 240v wire (6-gauge if you plan to use it at 48 amp charging rate and have a 60-amp circuit breaker). It was pretty easy.

BTW, the ChargePoint app will let you configure the charger to a variety of amperage levels. You can set it to charge at whatever rate you want. You tell the app what the rating is on your circuit breaker and it sets the EVSE to charge at 80% of that rate.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Charge Point, now JuiceBox IMG_1770
Sponsored