Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
He doesn’t have to care about any of these problems. I’m glad he loves his ride. I love mine, too. But those issues are there.
you know you can just... not reply to threads right? lol (I should prob take my own advice 😂 )
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
No. There is not a single person whose PAAK works as well the fob. It is different tech. But again, some people don’t care. This is the buzzing screen debate all over again.
I seriously wish nobody had mentioned that! It totally does buzz, but I didn’t notice until reading this forum. Now I can’t drive without the radio on.

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
you know you can just... not reply to threads right? lol (I should prob take my own advice 😂 )
You’re correct but it’s worth noting that + years I’m still getting better than the advertised range in 2021. It my first EV, bought on a cancellation. My 46th vehicle including 8 MBs ( 1 Gwagen), 3 Audis, 3 BMWs, 4 Miatae, a Peugeot, 2 Renaults, 2 VWs, 2 Fords, 2 Chevys, Isuzu, Porsche, Suzuki. And so on. Needless to say The MME has required the least maintenance.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You’re correct but it’s worth noting that + years I’m still getting better than the advertised range in 2021. It my first EV, bought on a cancellation. My 46th vehicle including 8 MBs ( 1 Gwagen), 3 Audis, 3 BMWs, 4 Miatae, a Peugeot, 2 Renaults, 2 VWs, 2 Fords, 2 Chevys, Isuzu, Porsche, Suzuki. And so on. Needless to say The MME has required the least maintenance.
Funny thing, I feel like my experience of the MME is that it has spent more time in the shop in the past two years than most of the cars I had for a 5-6 year stint. Then again, first new car I ever bought, so the whole recall thing is a new experience to me.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
No. There is not a single person whose PAAK works as well the fob. It is different tech. But again, some people don’t care. This is the buzzing screen debate all over again.
This.
I am a big PAAK fan, and it works. But the fob works better.

As for the rest, the OP disregarding the ongoing, long standing, launch day issues that have not been addressed, and at this point probably will never be addressed, doesn’t mean the issues aren’t real or unimportant. It just means they don’t care about them enough to let it bother them. That’s their prerogative and good on them.

Last edited:

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I use PaaK primarily. Yeah, my doors lag to open a lot... sometimes I use the keypad to unlock... but I still don't carry a key and I've never gotten so frustrated that I had to.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
@Jim Glass really glad you love your car. I love mine too. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have traded up the MME Select AWD for the GTPE.
It’s a good car. I love my job 1. It has flaws that ford could address, but it’s still a good car as far as I’m concerned.

But really Ford, fix these day 1 issues. :)

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Or just go ahead and make your comment, but be respectful and don't hijack somebody's thread.

Re: PAAK...obviously it has been a big issue for a big bunch of people. I don't find carrying a fob any kind of inconvenience whatsoever, so I have from Day 1, never relying on PAAK when I am out and about. I often go out to my garage (prob a couple of times a day) and don't think to take my fob, but many times I do have my phone, and PAAK has always worked just fine.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
PAAK has actually been a problem for me in a completely different way, and it’s something that Ford will never be able to address. Sometimes, I leave my house, absentmindedly, have my phone on me, but don’t have my keys, and drive away, so when I come home, I either have the house unlocked or I have locked my keys in the house.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
PAAK has actually been a problem for me in a completely different way, and it’s something that Ford will never be able to address. Sometimes, I leave my house, absentmindedly, have my phone on me, but don’t have my keys, and drive away, so when I come home, I either have the house unlocked or I have locked my keys in the house.
Just put one of those "Electronic" key pads on the Garage Door & whalaa, all is solved. I put one on the side door after the kids were old enough to drive and one went to college. They don't carry keys ( I guess that is our generation) so if they get locked out, they simply punch in the 4 digit code and they're in.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I've put ~33K miles on my FE (and that's with having a second car as well!) and I still love it.

I've had a few issues here and there, but nothing severe (like the HVJB/etc). The only glaring issue for me is the IC buzz/whine, but I'm hopeful the replacement I have coming up + expected software update will fix that, and all will be well.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
IMG_1745.jpeg

There are no other problems, nil, zero, none in 18,547 miles.
Likewise. Barely any issues except for the occasional PAAK issues. Problem solved with extra keyfob. I'm at 22,000 miles average 2.8miles/kw