Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Perhaps, but dealerships were not allowed to order First Editions for their demos so the only way they are getting these is because someone who originally reserved and ordered one backed out. I would bet my left arm these will be sold, not used for demos.
I hope you are right handed. :)

1609796694744.png
Of course I am just teasing you..... :)
For the most part you are correct. It appears the dealers were not allowed to order the First Editions for their demos (also were not allowed to order the GT for obvious reasons...). However, for additional demos.....some might have been First Editions. It kinda depends on the dealer and what they were allocated.

There were some First Editions that became available to dealers the week or two prior to the Mach Drop Promotion. Those were likely entered into the system as Stock orders so they would appear the same as a demo but without the FCTP restrictions.

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I've got a question on these cars showing up on the Ford dealer websites. These cars show the "Dealer Ordered" banner. However, our MME orders officially went through the dealerships, so is it possible these cars are actually customer-ordered cars that show up as "Dealer Ordered" because the dealer ended up making the orders on our behalf?

The reason I ask is that my dealership has two "Dealer Ordered" cars, and a rep from that dealership said that they've ordered two MMEs for customers (I'm one of them). One of the "Dealer Ordered" cars is an exact match to my MME order (in terms of specs, color, etc....I don't have a build date or VIN yet, so I'm not 100% sure it's mine).
Look at the car similar to yours listed on the dealer website, if the VIN is listed use the Tracker and see if your name is listed.

Originally my dealer had 13 Mach-e listed, including mine, and now only 5 remain.

Yes I wrote down the 13 VINs, 2 have been built, not shipped, but they have delivery dates in early Feb. Only the 5 remaining on the website do not have window stickers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I hope you are right handed. :)

1609796694744.png
Remember there are also some FEs listed as stock that were reservation-holders allowed to convert to FEs right before the Mach Drop.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Remember there are also some FEs listed as stock that were reservation-holders allowed to convert to FEs right before the Mach Drop.
I wondered how that happened. Makes sense. Almost like the FE that I got lined up.....just didnt have to give up my original reservation for it. Which in lucky twist of fate, it appears my original car may be built before that FE ships so I guess I wont end up with an FE in the end.

Anyone in the Phoenix area interested in a CG FE? It will get here someday soon hopefully....

Reactions: UW2

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Here's the challenge...most of the Ford dealerships in the area (I'm SE of Seattle) have one Mach-e on order, including the dealership that I ordered mine thru. But for that 1 Mach-e, it will be kept on the lot for at least a couple of months for test drives and demo purposes, and won't be sold until there are more in the market. I'd be more excited to find a dealership that has more than 1 on order, but I think that is highly unlikely. ?
Do you still want a " Premium, Infinite Blue, AWD, Extended "? I see that's what you ordered.
Are you trying to get yours a little faster?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I asked two dealers in the Seattle area if they'd make the $500 order conversion refundable but they declined. I'm sitting on both a Premium AWD ER and a GT reservation right now.

Randy E.

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KIA Telluride EX 2018 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Occupation
Component Sales
Country flag
Of course, you are correct, but it is odd that they end up being advertised on a site like CarGurus weeks before the demonstrator will even arrive. I just want to see one in real life before mine arrives but the Mach E Tour has no plans to come anywhere near Portland, OR.
I know. The PacNW, full of greenies, Portland being no exception and they don’t come here? Not brilliant at all. Rather, Ford, MI inside the marketing beltway thinking... Ugh...

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Of course, you are correct, but it is odd that they end up being advertised on a site like CarGurus weeks before the demonstrator will even arrive. I just want to see one in real life before mine arrives but the Mach E Tour has no plans to come anywhere near Portland, OR.
Damarow Ford in Beaverton had a Mach E for a weekend a couple weeks ago for customers to look at. Sorry you missed it. No test drives, but got to sit in it, play with some of the buttons, listen to the B&O stereo, and check out the drunk and “sequential“ tail lights. Build quality felt great and I thought it will take little time and effort to get used to the method/sequence for opening the doors.

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It was pointed out to me that it's a big ask to have a dealer to take a $60,000 flyer on a car that a customer maybe will/won't follow through on. I didn't pursue it anymore after that.
Autonation in Bellevue says it is refundable. They seem pretty convinced they can easily sell the car if you back out.