First OTA update coming soon for Mach-E

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
We came to the decision of which cars to compare in that image as a group. I feel base vs base, premium awd vs premium awd, and performance vs performance is more than fair.
I'm not going to get into this or that. Anyone reading the article can read it and see the points.

Mache premium Awd EXT range vs model y long-range is correct.
Model y performance vs mache gt is correct.
Now ford does have more options of versions of the mache, which could have been put into the article better but compersion wise that is where we are at.

I do agree with many people out there that it's the same old cut and past options show in both to compare but hard to find many that show all the options the mache have that the model y doesn't.

Had to wait for the reviews that came out a while back for that. Simple put model y use to not get a heated steering wheel, the new model y is supposed to and people are waiting for that.

Now for the range, I agree have to post what is given. But when we have tested both soon showing the model y does not get the range and the mache does. Or side by side drives are done and the mache range is closer than the 56 mpg the model y is supposed to get will you write an article about it and what wording would be used to describe one living up to what was promised and one that didnt?

Also if your going off what is listed your misleading on the mache gt 0 to 60 it is listed at 3.5 for performance edition. Top of the line mache gt vs top of the line model y performance. Not showing or telling all makes the info untrue and bias-based and keeps incorrect info out there.

Have to show all or the writing becomes like water down whiskey and amounts to nothing. That is what separates good writing and reviews from the average ones.

No one ever whats to point out the difference and hidden cost with tesla in paint of vehicle cost or interior color cost options. A red model Y with a white interior costs 3,000 more.
Why not write about how the mache has two interior options, not extra cost, and paint options are cheaper.

There are 1,000 to 2,500 in ford options also out there on top. Also, anyone can get the X-plan by joining a certain club or many other ways to even get more of a discount.

If it was the other way around and Tesla was offering you be damn sure you would hear about it and ford not offering it. That my friends is the difference between a double and coke or the lying bartender trying to give you only what they want.
Sponsored

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
I hate to continue to post about the lack of moderation, but can this be moved to a separate thread? The thread is about OTAs and thats why I was following, not for some drama about a blog

This constant off topic makes it really hard to follow any threads on this forum

EVBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I'm not going to get into this or that. Anyone reading the article can read it and see the points.

Mache premium Awd EXT range vs model y long-range is correct.
Model y performance vs mache gt is correct.
Now ford does have more options of versions of the mache, which could have been put into the article better but compersion wise that is where we are at.

I do agree with many people out there that it's the same old cut and past options show in both to compare but hard to find many that show all the options the mache have that the model y doesn't.

Had to wait for the reviews that came out a while back for that. Simple put model y use to not get a heated steering wheel, the new model y is supposed to and people are waiting for that.

Now for the range, I agree have to post what is given. But when we have tested both soon showing the model y does not get the range and the mache does. Or side by side drives are done and the mache range is closer than the 56 mpg the model y is supposed to get will you write an article about it and what wording would be used to describe one living up to what was promised and one that didnt?

Also if your going off what is listed your misleading on the mache gt 0 to 60 it is listed at 3.5 for performance edition. Top of the line mache gt vs top of the line model y performance. Not showing or telling all makes the info untrue and bias-based and keeps incorrect info out there.

Have to show all or the writing becomes like water down whiskey and amounts to nothing. That is what separates good writing and reviews from the average ones.

No one ever whats to point out the difference and hidden cost with tesla in paint of vehicle cost or interior color cost options. A red model Y with a white interior costs 3,000 more.
Why not write about how the mache has two interior options, not extra cost, and paint options are cheaper.

There are 1,000 to 2,500 in ford options also out there on top. Also, anyone can get the X-plan by joining a certain club or many other ways to even get more of a discount.

If it was the other way around and Tesla was offering you be damn sure you would hear about it and ford not offering it. That my friends is the difference between a double and coke or the lying bartender trying to give you only what they want.
You're correct about the Performance edition, that is an error. You're correct about option pricing, it should be noted. We will soon make fixes and additions to this post thanks to the feedback provided here.

We work hard on content and pride ourselves on remaining unbiased. Honest mistakes are not bias. Oversight is not bias. If you can do it better, do it. As others have noted this is off topic so this will be my final statement on the matter. If anyone would like to discuss and provide feedback I'm ready to listen but let's take it elsewhere.

On topic,

OTA is very broad and Ford can take this just about any direction. Tesla has a clear focus on entertainment but I'm not too sure how many people are buying a car because it can play Netflix. You could argue that games and video can be useful while waiting to charge but who's using their cars interface over their smart phone? It's a bit gimmicky at this level but I love it. There's not a specific feature I'd like to see, I'd just like to see a steady flow of new additions and changes. It's great for marketing purposes, word of mouth, and shows that the company isn't lacking in the tech department.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I
Maybe a proper clue about the OTA.... From the first impressions thread.

Android Auto
Apparently there is an issue with Android Auto that hopefully will be fixed in the next OTA update.
FWIW, I have not had any issue with Android Auto with my limited time (2.5 days and 273 miles with my 1st Ed). I believe the one reported issue appears to be isolated and likely related to an overall modem/Bluetooth connectivity issue. Their situation is being addressed by Ford Tech.

Last edited:

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I
FWIW, I have not had any issue with Android Auto with my limited time (2.5 days and 273 miles with my 1st Ed). I believe the one reported issue appears to be isolated and likely related to an overall modem/Bluetooth connectivity issue. There situation is being addressed by Ford Tech.
I love that you guys are putting a bunch of miles on the cars.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
I
FWIW, I have not had any issue with Android Auto with my limited time (2.5 days and 273 miles with my 1st Ed). I believe the one reported issue appears to be isolated and likely related to an overall modem/Bluetooth connectivity issue. There situation is being addressed by Ford Tech.
Are you using wired or wireless Android Auto? The reports state most problems are wireless with Android 11 so curious your setup

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Are you using wired or wireless Android Auto? The reports state most problems are wireless with Android 11 so curious your setup
Wireless with Galaxy S10 currently running Android 10 (rumor has it S10 update is coming in next couple weeks so may have to postpone the update if that may be the issue)

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Wireless with Galaxy S10 currently running Android 10 (rumor has it S10 update is coming in next couple weeks so may have to postpone the update if that may be the issue)
Awesome, I've got the same phone so good to know it will work with wireless

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Awesome, I've got the same phone so good to know it will work with wireless
Check which version of android you have. I was going to post the same thing as you. But decided to check what my s10 is running and see it is running android 11. I downloaded an update within the last week, so suspect that was it.

Sadly, will have to wait until mid-March to test myself. Unless the train and trucks get moving!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
After reading this:
should I mention the hypocrisy of this:

This constant off topic makes it really hard to follow any threads on this forum
Or can we ALL just allow threads to follow their own course?

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
After reading this:

should I mention the hypocrisy of this:

Or can we ALL just allow threads to follow their own course?
Sure, call out the hypocrisy but I feel it is totally different. Arguing with a publication has nothing at all to do with the OTA. If the OTA actually has to do with Android Auto as has been speculated, then my comment is extremely related to the topic.

If I was to view this thread because I'm worried from other threads that Android Auto is broken and I hope the OTA has something to do with it, then I can see in here if that's true. I wouldn't come in here and expect to make it through 3 pages of people arguing with a publication about Tesla to see if someone had commented their thoughts on the OTA

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
Maybe a proper clue about the OTA.... From the first impressions thread.

Android Auto
Apparently there is an issue with Android Auto that hopefully will be fixed in the next OTA update.
[/Q
I hope so. I can't get AA to work on my FE.

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
You're correct about the Performance edition, that is an error. You're correct about option pricing, it should be noted. We will soon make fixes and additions to this post thanks to the feedback provided here.

We work hard on content and pride ourselves on remaining unbiased. Honest mistakes are not bias. Oversight is not bias. If you can do it better, do it. As others have noted this is off topic so this will be my final statement on the matter. If anyone would like to discuss and provide feedback I'm ready to listen but let's take it elsewhere.

On topic,

OTA is very broad and Ford can take this just about any direction. Tesla has a clear focus on entertainment but I'm not too sure how many people are buying a car because it can play Netflix. You could argue that games and video can be useful while waiting to charge but who's using their cars interface over their smart phone? It's a bit gimmicky at this level but I love it. There's not a specific feature I'd like to see, I'd just like to see a steady flow of new additions and changes. It's great for marketing purposes, word of mouth, and shows that the company isn't lacking in the tech department.
Thanks for your comments. I appreciate that you are here and replying. Nice.

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
Check which version of android you have. I was going to post the same thing as you. But decided to check what my s10 is running and see it is running android 11. I downloaded an update within the last week, so suspect that was it.

Sadly, will have to wait until mid-March to test myself. Unless the train and trucks get moving!
I have Android 11 on my Pixel 4, and I can't get AA to work. No big deal, but...?
Sponsored