Fitcamx 4K Dash Cam Suitable for Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 2022 2023 ??

RandyMache

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach e Premium
Occupation
Private Investigator
Country flag
Good day Machians, I was wondering if anyone here has tried or used Fitcamx 4K Dash Cam Suitable for Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 2022 2023?

It looks like a pretty cool OEM syle look for a dash cam. If anyone has used it, were there any problems with it? You can view it on amazon…….. Thanks for your anticipated comments.
Sponsored

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
OP
OP
RandyMache

RandyMache

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Private Investigator
Country flag
Thank you all very much. To clarify, as far as any of you know, no one has had an adversarial effects on the vehicle From installing and using this dash cam?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you all very much. To clarify, as far as any of you know, no one has had an adversarial effects on the vehicle From installing and using this dash cam?
I've had no issues whatsoever. Both front and rear camera have worked perfectly and have not caused any problems with the car.

OP
OP
RandyMache

RandyMache

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Private Investigator
Country flag
I've had no issues whatsoever. Both front and rear camera have worked perfectly and have not caused any problems with the car.
That’s outstanding to hear and thank you again for your comments.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I've had mine for a couple of months now. No issues what so ever. I put in a larger 256gb sd card so it can hold more video.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Is the sd card easy to access?
Super easy, it's on the right hand side of the camera. There's a small slot, push in the old card and it pops out. insert the new one until it clicks. then go into the app and format the card and it's ready to go.
Make sure you get a high endurance card. One that is designed for a lot of write cycles and to work in extreme temperatures.
The max size the fitcam supports is 256gb.

OP
OP
RandyMache

RandyMache

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Private Investigator
Country flag
Super easy, it's on the right hand side of the camera. There's a small slot, push in the old card and it pops out. insert the new one until it clicks. then go into the app and format the card and it's ready to go.
Make sure you get a high endurance card. One that is designed for a lot of write cycles and to work in extreme temperatures.
The max size the fitcam supports is 256gb.
Excellent information, thank you very much.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The SD card mine came with was bunk (supposedly a 128GB Samsung EVO card, but probably a counterfeit). The camera would record 10 second to 1.5 minute clips and there were lots of drop-outs and huge gaps between the recorded clips. Super-slow. It was barely able to maintain kilobytes per second when I tested it on my computer. I replaced it with a Samsung Pro card and it has been great ever since. 🤷‍♂️🐩

No other down-sides to the camera system. I even had it wired to a permanently hot fuse for a while and never really had problems. I just decided that I'd wire it to a switched fuse because I really didn't want it recording 24/7. 😊🐩

OP
OP
RandyMache

RandyMache

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Private Investigator
Country flag
The SD card mine came with was bunk (supposedly a 128GB Samsung EVO card, but probably a counterfeit). The camera would record 10 second to 1.5 minute clips and there were lots of drop-outs and huge gaps between the recorded clips. Super-slow. It was barely able to maintain kilobytes per second when I tested it on my computer. I replaced it with a Samsung Pro card and it has been great ever since. 🤷‍♂️🐩

No other down-sides to the camera system. I even had it wired to a permanently hot fuse for a while and never really had problems. I just decided that I'd wire it to a switched fuse because I really didn't want it recording 24/7. 😊🐩
So ultimately, you just doing the original plug-in play at the mirror location?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So ultimately, you just doing the original plug-in play at the mirror location?
No, I bought their hard wire kit and wired to the fuse box. One always hot lead, one switched lead, and the ground lead. I had to buy some fuse box taps and splice those onto the kit since the FitCamX kit has Mini-2 ends and the MME has a Micro-2 and a Micro-3. 😊🐩

You can see my rough install here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...camx-dash-cam-with-oem-look.21575/post-519739

That whole thread is worth reading, actually. So go to post #1. LOL 😊🐩

OP
OP
RandyMache

RandyMache

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Private Investigator
Country flag

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

I experienced the same SD card issues as Steve. (I replaced mine too.)

As for hard wired to a hot fuse, mine is as well and it’s been like that since we installed it a year ago. I’ve had no issues, even when I was gone for about a month last year. (The car eventually went into deep sleep, but it woke up on literally the first button press when I got home.) And to clarify, the host-fuse-wired dash cams don’t record 24/7. They instead have impact sensors that record if triggered (while the car is off). Evidently that circuit is very low power, so it’s not draining the 12V battery much…
Sponsored