John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
This addendum sheet was in the installation manual. If 4 and 5 are on the charger is set to 48amps regardless of the positions of switches 1 - 3. I can confirm that this is so. Mine is set with 1-3 off and 4 & 5 on. Apparently all switches off also selects 48 amp charging as well as 4 & 5 off and 1 on. Charger was purchased in December 2021
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Connected Charge Station installation - DIY instructions writeup Charger
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
@TheVirtualTim could you edit your original post on this and delete the image showing incorrect settings? I would replace your photo with the one Johnny B posted above. People are very visual and look at the photo first before reading and get confused with the settings.

OP
OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
@TheVirtualTim could you edit your original post on this and delete the image showing incorrect settings? I would replace your photo with the one Johnny B posted above. People are very visual and look at the photo first before reading and get confused with the settings.
Good idea. I wont be able to update this right away ... but I'll try to get this done (hopefully by tomorrow).

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Also... make sure your Ford Connected Charge Station is updated to software version 1.2.2. That is the latest version as of now. Ford has received the feedback that the firmware version needs to show up in the FordPass app (it is currently only visible through the FordCharger Setup app). I'm told the FordPass guys are planning to add it ... but no dates are known as to when this will show up in FordPass.
Update...software version 1.3.2 is installed in my FCCS and can be seen in FordPass 4.10 under Settings. I assume it was shipped with 1.3.2, but am not sure, just added it to my account today.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Update...software version 1.3.2 is installed in my FCCS and can be seen in FordPass 4.10 under Settings. I assume it was shipped with 1.3.2, but am not sure, just added it to my account today.
(Rough) Software Version History:

1.1.7 *: Pre-July 2021
1.2.2: July 2021
1.3.2: December 2021

* a version earlier than 1.1.7 was factory installed on some units (including mine). it had critical issues causing some units to brick. mine shipped with a label on the outer shipping box stating that the unit needs to be added to WiFi and allowed to update itself prior to first vehicle plug-in to allow the critical upgrade to perform.

My firmware version has always shown 1.058.

jRedondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
IIRC, powering off for 30 seconds will reset. Reset as in reboot - not reset as in return to factory settings. What exactly do you want to do?

its been a few months and i still havent been able to reconnect the damn thing... When i go to pairing the station wont show up... Charging works tho

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Ok. I am lazy. I have called ford parts numerous times to see if these were available. Apparently they are. Now here is my next question
re they required to be hard wired to my breaker box? Reason I ask is because I rent and I just had my 240v outlet installed
I really want this set up but don’t want it hard wired in

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Ok. I am lazy. I have called ford parts numerous times to see if these were available. Apparently they are. Now here is my next question
re they required to be hard wired to my breaker box? Reason I ask is because I rent and I just had my 240v outlet installed
I really want this set up but don’t want it hard wired in
If the installation instructions are followed, the FCCS must be hard-wired.
There are better, less expensive plug-in options. Several threads about this.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
There are better, less expensive plug-in options. Several threads about this.
Eehhh. I really want the ford one. I will check on it. Thank you !

dniemann

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Eehhh. I really want the ford one. I will check on it. Thank you !
I have my Ford Connected Charger installed prominently in my garage since Sept 2020, while I’m still waiting for my MME. Why not hardwire it? All you have to do is splice from your outlet to the charger. It will charge faster, which is why I assume you want to use it; other than it looks really cool!

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I have my Ford Connected Charger installed prominently in my garage since Sept 2020, while I’m still waiting for my MME. Why not hardwire it? All you have to do is splice from your outlet to the charger. It will charge faster, which is why I assume you want to use it; other than it looks really cool!
I am just renting. But I guess I could I just like it plugged in

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
AFAIK, that is only true if you need 48 amps with a 60-amp CB. If you run less current, which the FCCS allows, it can be connected to an outlet. I am currently using it on a 30-amp outlet.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
AFAIK, that is only true if you need 48 amps with a 60-amp CB. If you run less current, which the FCCS allows, it can be connected to an outlet. I am currently using it on a 30-amp outlet.
I didn’t mean to imply it wouldn’t work. But it’s against code to install equipment in a manner not specified in the manufacturer’s instructions. The FCCS instructions only describe hard-wiring.
Another issue if you are on the 2020 NEC: The instructions say to not install on a GFCI-protected circuit. All garage receptacle outlets are required to be GFCI-protected.

You are correct that any EVSE requiring a circuit greater than 50A must be hard-wired. But that doesn’t mean that 50A and lower must be cord & plug connected. A 30A EVSE can be hard-wired as long as the installation instructions provide for it.

AndyBl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
# 121,000 in line for Lighting
I’m building an attached garage, running 6/2 in the wall. Would like to hard wire from the back of the charger if possible for a cleaner look.

Question is: can I wire it from the back? What size box should I install that would work with the charger?

Also, should I add any extra blocking behind the drywall to make installing easier/more secure?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I’m building an attached garage, running 6/2 in the wall. Would like to hard wire from the back of the charger if possible for a cleaner look.

Question is: can I wire it from the back? What size box should I install that would work with the charger?

Also, should I add any extra blocking behind the drywall to make installing easier/more secure?
Yes, you can drill the hole in the back.

If you want flush use romex and just have it stub out of the wall. Use a cable clamp in the conduit hole. The EVSE will act as the junction box. 40A setting with romex.

Can’t make the 90° bend in the wall legally with conduit and have it accessible. MC cable might be another option if you can bend it sharp enough in the wall.
Sponsored