First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Hey Virtual Tim:

13. Turn on the power at the breaker (Smoke test! Do not let the smoke out of the box. Smoke must remain inside the box for proper function of the charger.)

What does this mean? Does the unit actually smoke when powered up?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

dniemann

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Thanks for that. Installation instructions read: "make sure you connect the cable ends in the correct sequence for clockwise rotation field". How do you know the sequence?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks for that. Installation instructions read: "make sure you connect the cable ends in the correct sequence for clockwise rotation field". How do you know the sequence?
I have no idea. I ignored that sentence. This is a single phase connection. Maybe the step is unintentionally copied from the European installation guide, or from an unrelated manual?

For those wondering, Daniel is referring to step 4 here:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Connected Charge Station installation - DIY instructions writeup 1633154590238

dniemann

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I have no idea. I ignored that sentence. This is a single phase connection. Maybe the step is unintentionally copied from the European installation guide, or from an unrelated manual?

For those wondering, Daniel is referring to step 4 here:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Connected Charge Station installation - DIY instructions writeup 1633154590238
Thanks Macchiaz-O

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The instructions on the DIP switches is confusing the heck out of me. There are no real indicators on the red DIP switch box itself, except one has ON. The printed 1-0 for settings on the circuit board are opposite. I want it set for 40A on a 50A CB. Documentation says 0-1-1-1-0 would be the setting for that. So, is this or is this not correct?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Connected Charge Station installation - DIY instructions writeup DIP Switches

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The instructions on the DIP switches is confusing the heck out of me. There are no real indicators on the red DIP switch box itself, except one has ON. The printed 1-0 for settings on the circuit board are opposite. I want it set for 40A on a 50A CB. Documentation says 0-1-1-1-0 would be the setting for that. So, is this or is this not correct?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Connected Charge Station installation - DIY instructions writeup DIP Switches
Once you've commissioned the unit through the Charge Station Setup and FordPass apps, you'll be able to see the max charge limit via FordPass.

So you might try installing it except for the steps that button up the lids...

Then finish the phone setup steps and verify the max amperage shown in FordPass.

If it is wrong, turn off power and swap the dip switch settings.

Once done testing, turn off power again before buttoning up the various lids/closures... Don't get electrocuted. ;)

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Once you've commissioned the unit through the Charge Station Setup and FordPass apps, you'll be able to see the max charge limit via FordPass.

So you might try installing it except for the steps that button up the lids...

Then finish the phone setup steps and verify the max amperage shown in FordPass.

If it is wrong, turn off power and swap the dip switch settings.

Once done testing, turn off power again before buttoning up the various lids/closures... Don't get electrocuted. ;)
Yeah thats pretty much what I figured I would have to do unless someone was able to give me a definitive answer. I'll figure it out.

jRedondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I paired mine and connected to wifi... was working fine for a few and now its disconnected from wifi and bluetooth wont pair... anyway to reset charger without the phone??

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I paired mine and connected to wifi... was working fine for a few and now its disconnected from wifi and bluetooth wont pair... anyway to reset charger without the phone??
Besides via phone, or turning the breaker off/on, none that I know of.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
DIP Switches.jpg
I think the consensus is the silkscreen printing on the circuit board (1↔0) is backwards (see post #26). A 1 in the manual means the dipswitch should be on (see red block indication) and 0 means off. I think the way you have it in this picture it will do 48A, so you should invert all the switches for 40A. For anyone confused, just invert all the switches if it's drawing the wrong amps.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
IIRC, powering off for 30 seconds will reset. Reset as in reboot - not reset as in return to factory settings. What exactly do you want to do?

ctmars02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
87 GT, 96 Cobra, reservation for Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does anyone have a sure fire way to set the DIP switches to ensure 48 Amp charging? If I set all of the to the in position, would that make it 48? What about DIP #5?

I have read through every post, and seems no one is still able to give a definitive answer.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Does anyone have a sure fire way to set the DIP switches to ensure 48 Amp charging? If I set all of the to the in position, would that make it 48? What about DIP #5?

I have read through every post, and seems no one is still able to give a definitive answer.
As long as switch 1 is set to “On”, the setting is 48A. The other switches are only relevant if #1 is off. This is shown in the installation manual.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
The mods may want to edit the image in Post#1. There is ongoing confusion with these dip settings and the first post contradicts itself with the edit. Thanks!
Sponsored