macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Vehicles
human driven
Country flag
Crappy photography, but here you go - with an installation warning.
This is great, thank you.

I was expecting an upper limit of 45C (no bueno) or 50 (bien). But 60C is muy bien. More than sufficient for our hot summers.

I love the caveat that OCPP has only been tested against Ford's OCPP back-end. CYA.

Advertisement

poweryogagirl

First Name
Maria
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 Edition
Country flag
The app is "Ford Charge Station Setup"

IMG_1650.PNG

As the name implies, it is only used to do the setup. It will prompt you to link to the charger via Bluetooth (just so your phone can talk to it) and from there it will prompt you through getting onto your WiFi network, entering the access code of the charger, and ultimately it will launch the Ford Pass app and automatically add the charger to it.

From there on out you only need the Ford Pass app (unless you want to reconfigure the charger ... e.g. change WiFi networks, etc.) but you wont use the setup app to use the charger.
Has anyone had a problem connecting via bluetooth to this app? I've been trying for more than a week and it won't connect. Ford can't seem to figure out who to transfer me to for help.

OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Has anyone had a problem connecting via bluetooth to this app? I've been trying for more than a week and it won't connect. Ford can't seem to figure out who to transfer me to for help.
Mine failed to connect on the first try ... but did connect on the 2nd try.

It takes the station a couple of minutes to be ready to pair. If you are still having issues then I'd suggest rebooting your phone. From time to time ... I'll have bluetooth connectivity issues where either shutting off the bluetooth radio for a minute and then re-enabling it ... or just rebooting the phone ... will resolve the bluetooth issue.

jnsgator

Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150 Raptor; 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Has anyone figured this out yet? I've rebooted my phone and power cycled the station (turning on/off the breaker). I cannot get bluetooth to connect. The app did pick up other bluetooth signals so my guess is that the station is not broadcasting a bluetooth signal.

poweryogagirl

First Name
Maria
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 Edition
Country flag
Has anyone figured this out yet? I've rebooted my phone and power cycled the station (turning on/off the breaker). I cannot get bluetooth to connect. The app did pick up other bluetooth signals so my guess is that the station is not broadcasting a bluetooth signal.
I've also tried and still cannot connect.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape
Country flag
Has anyone been able to configure WiFi on this? The Bluetooth connection is flaky, but it will sometimes connect. However when I select a WiFi network and enter the network key (password) I always get “trouble connecting”. I’ve tried with both 2.4GHz networks and 5 GHz networks (and I have two different networks on each frequency - I’ve tried both). I also tried setting my phone as a hotspot (directly next to the charge station). No luck. I always get:
EBE864C7-EA6F-4D82-9A98-5A2C4E9A0525.png

Advertisement

Advertisement