wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Great - just installed mine yesterday! Should I not use it - Ford got my email when I purchased it - as did everyone else I'm sure - shouldn't they send out an email saying something? Can this be fixed with an update - the unit is capable of updating.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Great - just installed mine yesterday! Should I not use it - Ford got my email when I purchased it - as did everyone else I'm sure - shouldn't they send out an email saying something? Can this be fixed with an update - the unit is capable of updating.
If I had one installed at home and my car needed to charge then I would use it. Did it come with a registration card? If so, then register it and see if you get any notices.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Do we have anything confirmed from Ford on this? My electrician is supposed to install next week, and I’d like to wave him off if I’m going to have to send the stupid thing back to Ford.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Following...

Mine is still boxed in basement, waiting for snow to clear before doing install. Curious to know what gives.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Thanks. We haven’t seen any issues with people not being able to charge their cars using the FCCS, right?

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Found out today that Ford has issued a Stop Sell order for the Ford Connected Charge Station.

If you do not have one yet, you will have to wait.

They have found a fault with them. I believe a fix has already been found but all the produced units will have to be modified before they can sell.

At least the car still works!!! ;)
As noted previously, I had my Ford Connected Charge Station installed two days ago by an electrician - it has been working fine with no issues so far. I called Ford Parts at 844) 589-0060, and after putting me on hold and checking with others -he said there was no know issues at this time. So I asked if I could order another one, and he said I should be able to go to the site and order one. I also asked if there was a problem would Ford reach out to me with an email - and he said yes. Not sure how confident I am in his responses - I'm just posting this FWIW. BTW I also looked at the guarantee that came with the unit and Ford would of course send a new unit if needed and would pay $75 to take the old one out and another $75 toward installing the new one. Not sure what my electrician would want to do this work.

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
Thanks. We haven’t seen any issues with people not being able to charge their cars using the FCCS, right?
I had mine installed earlier this week and it is working flawlessly and is connected via Ford Pass so I can control it. No faults and easy to control from app.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm wondering if a few people had problems charging with their Ford charger and Ford issued the Stop Sell until they can determine if this a one-off people\car problem or a systemic problem with the charger itself. There may be no problem at all. Here's hoping.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME First Edition (cancelled), Ioniq 5 Project 45
Country flag
Not available in France anyway...
Due to some lobbying, we have to buy a more expensive one. Maybe was good after all? ?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm wondering if a few people had problems charging with their Ford charger and Ford issued the Stop Sell until they can determine if this a one-off people\car problem or a systemic problem with the charger itself. There may be no problem at all. Here's hoping.
sounds like a familiar scenario..

OP
OP

pstroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MachE FE 21 Bronco Sport 21 & 22 Bronco
Country flag
I had mine installed on 2/6. Took delivery of car on 2/11.

It worked fine until 2/15. All of the sudden the LED's on the front turned solid red. In the manual it describes this as a non-recoverable fault.

They are obviously aware of the issue and working on a fix. I do not think it will damage the car it will just stop charging.
Sponsored