kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
He specifically said COVID Absenteeism meaning someone was suppsed to be there and couldnt be.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just an assumption because the article referenced supplier... so assuming it’s a part. It’s possible it’s software or hardware or both. If it’s software I assume it’s mostly Ford internal but could be wrong
It wouldn't surprise me if Ford has software suppliers as well.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I thought this was explained already, something to do with JavaScript not handling time zones right on one of the pages or something? the details are hazy to me now.
That was the explanation why reservations made the night of the reveal were dated the next day -- they used GMT. You may be right on this one too but this still looks pretty lame:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford: Launch Quality Has Improved. Mach-E Delay Due to Single Supplier Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.11.00 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford: Launch Quality Has Improved. Mach-E Delay Due to Single Supplier Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.10.33 PM

Come on Ford. You have two public-facing trackers. Decide on one date and stick with it.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Based on what we know your car is built on 1/22. Ford pass Activate button is another sign your car is done, It will approx take a week or so for it to ship based on what have seen for last 2 weeks builds. Yes it would be nice if there was one universal source of truth info system but we dont have it - so we are all making do with what has been made available through this forum. The exact status may be off by a day or two in the different systems. My dealer is a hit or miss as well and he as much told me that his info is not always real time and updates a few times a week.
I finally got the inventory managers email and he confirmed the other employee didn’t know what he was saying. It was sent to the plant on the 7th and finished on the 22nd. It’s now awaiting shipment. So at least now I can have some idea of when it might arrive.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
That was the explanation why reservations made the night of the reveal were dated the next day -- they used GMT. You may be right on this one too but this still looks pretty lame:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford: Launch Quality Has Improved. Mach-E Delay Due to Single Supplier Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.10.33 PM

Come on Ford. You have two public-facing trackers. Decide on one date and stick with it.
Yeah same issue as with the build week confusion months ago. Reservation site takes the date and moves it back a day ; poor JS handling.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I finally got the inventory managers email and he confirmed the other employee didn’t know what he was saying. It was sent to the plant on the 7th and finished on the 22nd. It’s now awaiting shipment. So at least now I can have some idea of when it might arrive.
Did you get your VIN so you can look this up yourself on the tracker?

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Did you get your VIN so you can look this up yourself on the tracker?
Yeah I’ve had that for a while. Nothing was showing up on the tracker til the 22nd. But that info was different than the sales guy at the dealer. Now I know why...he was wrong.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Remember my friends, it is only a car. How would you feel waiting for an donated organ, when you will die without a transplant?
Sorry, this has to be one of the dumbest, out of touch statements I've seen on this thread. Yes, it's only a car, but guess what? For a lot of people on here, this is the most expensive thing we've ever purchased (besides a home). We've waited for well over a year for this 'car'. This isn't the "Organ Donation" web forum. This is the "Mach-E Forum". Guess what people talk about on a "Mach-E Forum"? Read the room.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag

Hello! Professional front-end developer here who made that VIN finder thingy. I was curious and looked into it!

First, it's actually UTC. I know seems like the same but think of UTC as the standard truth of (the human concept of) time. Time zones like GMT are translations of UTC. It seems the same, but it's an important distinction.

Reservation Manager uses React, while the Vehicle Order Tracking uses AngularJS. Each were programmed differently on how to use time.

I'm still at "order processing" on Vehicle Order Tracking, but the string returned for my "Order Confirmed" is simply "2020-10-09". AngularJS does make it a quasi date object, but it's not timezone aware. So it's translated literally without conversion.

Reservation Manager returns this string for my build week: "2021-03-15Z", but is fed into native JavaScript Date object. That "Z" in the string and no exact time means the date is coded as midnight UTC on the 15th. Z could follow with an offset from UTC, but that's still setting one truth to all users. Without further intervention, JavaScript is doing translations from UTC because that as the true time from what's given.

If the input was "2021-03-15T00:00:00", notably without the Z, then the date object would assume the browser's current time zone, set to midnight of the 15th in that user's timezone, and deal with it accordingly.

For the curious, play around in your browser's console by adding this line. You'll see what it translates to. Start changing around things and see how it changes.
new Date('2021-03-15T00:00:00Z')

And now you know!™

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
He also seemed to claim that the Ford.com order site is why there's no increase in cancellations as a result of the delay, but there's no ability to cancel an order on the Ford.com site.
I think the dealers will take any cancellations in the short term.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
No kidding, like seeing the moon on a cloudy night. At least they hear us, buyers want the Amazon experience. Not sure the Amazon experience is exactly what I want, but real time tracking can be easily done. However the normal Ford buying mode is off the lot and not ordered.

Times are changing, so I think they get it, just can’t take too long to get there.

My answer is complex but simple, however I am trained to be vague and leave you to make up what you want.
I want the Amazon experience. Next day free delivery please ?

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
I understand the programming description above BUT this is a HUGE company. These are chicken shit errors that should have been caught within the first 6 MONTHS.

Building OEM systems all my life I see & completely understand there are issues. If you have outwardly facing components of the system you want to fix them very quickly so perception does not pull down very good reality.

Full transparency doesn't mean "if your junk falls out of your pants, you don't tuck them back in and just let them hang there in my face".

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
On the date thing: Who would notice besides those of us on the forums here?

For the other 49k Mach-E customers (and Bronco customers not on forums) that only use ford.com's reservation page to track their vehicles (and calling their dealer) how would they notice the difference if they only get 1 date.

Sure those of us here who check 3 or 4 different trackers by the minute notice the difference.

Thus I'm sure Ford's thought is that, in the grand scheme of things, who will notice??

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hello! Professional front-end developer here who made that VIN finder thingy. I was curious and looked into it!

First, it's actually UTC. I know seems like the same but think of UTC as the standard truth of (the human concept of) time. Time zones like GMT are translations of UTC. It seems the same, but it's an important distinction.

Reservation Manager uses React, while the Vehicle Order Tracking uses AngularJS. Each were programmed differently on how to use time.

I'm still at "order processing" on Vehicle Order Tracking, but the string returned for my "Order Confirmed" is simply "2020-10-09". AngularJS does make it a quasi date object, but it's not timezone aware. So it's translated literally without conversion.

Reservation Manager returns this string for my build week: "2021-03-15Z", but is fed into native JavaScript Date object. That "Z" in the string and no exact time means the date is coded as midnight UTC on the 15th. Z could follow with an offset from UTC, but that's still setting one truth to all users. Without further intervention, JavaScript is doing translations from UTC because that as the true time from what's given.

If the input was "2021-03-15T00:00:00", notably without the Z, then the date object would assume the browser's current time zone, set to midnight of the 15th in that user's timezone, and deal with it accordingly.

For the curious, play around in your browser's console by adding this line. You'll see what it translates to. Start changing around things and see how it changes.
new Date('2021-03-15T00:00:00Z')

And now you know!™
You are Wicked Smart....as we say in New England! :)
Sponsored