theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
This hits close to home. Last year I had a case a mile from my house where a driver went off the road embankment into a heavily wooded area barely 50 yards off the freeway but down 10 yards. He was conscious but was pinned in place. Both arms shattered. I and thousands of motorists drove past him for 1 week till he was discovered. Unfortunately even though he was rushed to hospital he did not survive. Father of 3 young children. Happens too often. Sounds like this system would have saved his life.

I still wince every time I drive past the spot.
Sponsored

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This hits close to home. Last year I had a case a mile from my house where a driver went off the road embankment into a heavily wooded area barely 50 yards off the freeway but down 10 yards. He was conscious but was pinned in place. Both arms shattered. I and thousands of motorists drove past him for 1 week till he was discovered. Unfortunately even though he was rushed to hospital he did not survive. Father of 3 young children. Happens too often. Sounds like this system would have saved his life.

This is what GM's OnStar has been doing for many years. Although the hardware comes built into all GM cars, there is a monthly subscription fee. It seems EU has made such service mandatory and free.

https://www.onstar.com/us/en/home/

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Not just where everyone in unconscious but a phone left in the wireless charger during a crash probably won’t be anywhere within reach or if it is in any working order to be able to be used to call the emergency services.
If the system in the two countries works the same, I believe a call gets placed to you through the vehicle’s own cell service in case you don’t have a phone with you or in the event you can’t reach it.

In any case, I still think this is the sort of incremental safety improvement that’s nice to have and does make the vehicle safer, but not mission critical, particularly if it’s a relatively short delay for the fix but wholly denies people the use of the vehicle in the interim.

Also, look at it this way - does the law require or even recommend that owners of Mach-Es that have already been sold immediately stop driving the vehicle until this fix is implemented? If not, there is a gap here, i.e. it’s important enough that no one should drive a vehicle in this state, or it’s sufficiently not serious such that everyone should be able to keep driving or start driving the vehicle.

Reactions: ZSR

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
If this location issue is a centralized issue across all MME's and the eCall depends on it then maybe we will all get an update fixing the accuracy of our location. This might help more ppl then you would expect since it might affect the charging scheduling which depends on location

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If this location issue is a centralized issue across all MME's and the eCall depends on it then maybe we will all get an update fixing the accuracy of our location. This might help more ppl then you would expect since it might affect the charging scheduling which depends on location
"Incorrect location information" Some cars do not know where they are all the time. Knew that but never thought it could throw a wrench such as a safety issue hold. Same could apply to the MME's on this side and they may not be able to pin point all them.

Read this and had the same thought. This latest may place some further priority on it. In the shop for it right now and dealer said he thinks they have the fix? Fingers crossed that this is short lived.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME First Edition (cancelled), Ioniq 5 Project 45
Country flag
I can confirm that France is affected as well...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Delays All UK Mach-E Deliveries Until Further Notice Due to 'Safety Risk’ Capture d’écran 2021-06-04 à 10.34.26

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Germany also.
And mine is currently at customs in antwerp :(
Soooo close to delivery

Tobi8424

First Name
Tobias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E & Renault Grand Scénic
Occupation
Journalist
Country flag
Same for Switzerland: "21C16 - DER AKTIONSCODE IST AKTIV, JEDOCH NOCH OHNE TITEL. WEITERE EINZELHEITEN FINDEN SIE IM ANSCHREIBEN ZU DIESEM RUECKRUF BZW. SERVICE PROGRAMM."

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
We've had this update on the issue from the Mach E concierge in the UK:

Unfortunately a bug in the location services has been identified that results in eCall not sending the correct location when in the range of 0⁰ to -1⁰ west of Greenwich. A software update to resolve the issue and lift the hold is in high priority development and we are pushing to have this available as soon as possible.

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag

There are other solutions for those who are concerned. I would rather spend my money elsewhere. Govts do not need to step in to require solutions which stymie innovation more than it encourages.

rvee

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E / Peugeot
Country flag
Makes no difference. This is an agreed safety feature that needs to work.

What is shocking is that it shows a lack of testing. It only took a few days for people to notice in their brand new cars that it shows their car as being somewhere else many miles away!
That's what I said before. We are alpha testing in Europe

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
There are other solutions for those who are concerned. I would rather spend my money elsewhere. Govts do not need to step in to require solutions which stymie innovation more than it encourages.
Could you give specific examples of possible "other solutions" you have in mind? Also, how does this safety feature "stymie innovation more than it encourages"?
Sponsored