Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
From The Detroit Bureau article: https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2020/11/ford-mustang-mach-e-captures-green-car-of-the-year-honor/

Ford’s much-anticipated Mustang Mach-E hasn’t hit dealerships yet, but it’s already winning awards, named the 2021 Green Car of the Year.

The EV, which is expected to arrive later this year, won the honor as part of the Green Car Awards sponsored by the Green Car Journal, a long-time publication that covers the EVs, hybrids and other zero-emission vehicles.

“The Mustang Mach-E crossover is a breakthrough electric model for Ford, building on the tradition of one of the world’s most recognizable sports car nameplates as it powers its way to the future,” said Ron Cogan, editor and publisher of Green Car Journal and GreenCarJournal.com.

Link to Green Car Awards: https://greencarjournal.com/top-stories/behold-the-top-green-models-for-2021/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's not even out yet. How can it be the green car of the year?
It's a favorite among airplane pilots, apparently. I suppose they're considering all the CO2 savings from piloting an electric Mustang rather than a WWII one.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I’d take the P-51, including the A model, over an MME in a heartbeat.
The P-51 Mustang was $50,985 in 1945... My Mustang Mach-E is $47,400. Both of them are liquid cooled. I think it's clear which buyers Ford is really targetting here.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The P-51 Mustang was $50,985 in 1945... My Mustang Mach-E is $47,400. Both of them are liquid cooled. I think it's clear which buyers Ford is really targetting here.
P-51 in original condition (not converted to a racer): $4.5 million USD these days.

And definitely not green.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
P-51 in original condition (not converted to a racer): $4.5 million USD these days.

And definitely not green.
Well it is if its the Army variant.

Thanks to watching Black Sheep Squadron in my youth I think I'd prefer a F4U Corsair (which would be in infinite blue even!--yeah ok from the right angle it would look infinite blue).

Here is a link to the actual awards/article (I think--indeed some further googline shows this to be the proper link):
https://greencarjournal.com/top-stories/behold-the-top-green-models-for-2021/

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ok, this is just stupid. At least get the car into reviewers hands/lift embargoes before bestowing awards. This feels like the trophy they give kids soccer teams for “participation” :rolleyes:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, this is just stupid. At least get the car into reviewers hands/lift embargoes before bestowing awards. This feels like the trophy they give kids soccer teams for “participation” :rolleyes:
Not only that they awarded the "Green Truck of the Year" to the 2021 F-150 which is even further away from production than the Mach-E (at least the possibility exists that they could have seen a Mach-E--maybe a reporter was stealthily attending a roadshow event).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not only that they awarded the "Green Truck of the Year" to the 2021 F-150 which is even further away from production than the Mach-E (at least the possibility exists that they could have seen a Mach-E--maybe a reporter was stealthily attending a roadshow event).
Looks like they're referring to the hybrid F-150 (not the BEV yet). At least it's coming soon. But still.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like they're referring to the hybrid F-150 (not the BEV yet). At least it's coming soon. But still.
Right but even that one isn't as far along as the Mach-E.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I object in general to the awarding of automobile awards, no matter how well deserved they might be before the car is actually released to customers. Just doesn't seem right.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I think you just gave me the name for my IB MME. “The Corsair”
Lincoln already has that name for the Escape twin. And it is a plug-in hybrid.
Sponsored