SirLamerok

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT PE Cyber Orange
Country flag
The problem is that the dealership has so many different departments. A salesman is just that a salesman. They may or may not know about finance options. The loan guy just wants to give you whatever makes him the most money even if it's not the best plan for you. Try the Fleet manager. It shouldn't be this difficult to get you the car you want.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company This is extremely disappointing. My dealership said they opted out of Ford Options. They do not want to deal with "balloon payments" or pay to upgrade their system to accept Ford Options. This feels like false advertisement on Ford's part since its not available at all dealerships.

I love Ford and I am a returning customer. I want to be a long term customer, but this ..

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I am very worried about this happening to me as well. As soon as our Mach-e ships from Mexico, I plan to get in touch with the finance department with the program and plan numbers and hopefully get it worked out

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company This is extremely disappointing. My dealership said they opted out of Ford Options. They do not want to deal with "balloon payments" or pay to upgrade their system to accept Ford Options. This feels like false advertisement on Ford's part since its not available at all dealerships.

I love Ford and I am a returning customer. I want to be a long term customer, but this ..
I'm not really sure what they're talking about. I talked my dealer through it and they just did it as a normal loan in their system. Then they just need 2 forms from Ford that are related to options for you to sign. Even the contract doesn't make it seem like its anything other than a traditional load... The 2 pieces of paper you sign are about the miles you selected and one other thing. They don't deal with the balloon payment, what the hell... Its from Ford Credit. That doesn't make any sense at all. Some times it'll say not available everywhere or whatever, but Ford Options specifically states: Ford Options is not available in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina or Washington, D.C.

I hope you're able to get them on board. It sucks because we have no leverage. You walk and they just mark it up and sell it to someone else, which can also be what they're trying to do.

rhedrich

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E prem ext , 22 f150 lightning lariat ext
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wtf . I just found out that Ford option is not available in Nevada

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I'm not really sure what they're talking about. I talked my dealer through it and they just did it as a normal loan in their system. Then they just need 2 forms from Ford that are related to options for you to sign. Even the contract doesn't make it seem like its anything other than a traditional load... The 2 pieces of paper you sign are about the miles you selected and one other thing. They don't deal with the balloon payment, what the hell... Its from Ford Credit. That doesn't make any sense at all. Some times it'll say not available everywhere or whatever, but Ford Options specifically states: Ford Options is not available in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina or Washington, D.C.

I hope you're able to get them on board. It sucks because we have no leverage. You walk and they just mark it up and sell it to someone else, which can also be what they're trying to do.
Most often it's not the contracting part that is the problem. The eContracting system is all set up to accommodate Ford Options (nothing really special the dealer has to do).

The problem is usually with the dealers internal dealer management systems (DMS) that they use for all of the ancillary documents and internal paperwork. They struggle sometimes to get all of the figures on their internal systems to match the contract documents. Dealers may require an update from their DMS provider to solve this discrepancy. Which is usually a straightforward process, though it can take a couple days sometimes. That's if the dealer is willing to work with their DMS provider (hopefully they have a good quality provider). Some dealers just won't put any time or effort into learning something new or updating their systems. Can't really force them out of their stubborn ways.

hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
This is Gwinnett place ford in Georgia.
Bought a Mach-E from Angela Krause in Atlanta (well Alpharetta) last week and the options paperwork was literally a signature on a piece of paper for the years and miles and 2 or 3 clicks to apply electronic signature on a tablet. The finance guy said he had not done any options contracts before and was trying to steer me away but after insisting on terms, interest, and rebate, he went back to do it anyway (would definitely buy from them again even with the small issue -- no ADM on order, X-Plan no problem). He actually admitted, and called in the other finance guy on duty to show him, on how easy and straight forward the process was. Hopefully you can find the right button to push with someone and get it done.

Bello1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD ER (ordered)
Country flag
Bought a Mach-E from Angela Krause in Atlanta (well Alpharetta) last week and the options paperwork was literally a signature on a piece of paper for the years and miles and 2 or 3 clicks to apply electronic signature on a tablet. The finance guy said he had not done any options contracts before and was trying to steer me away but after insisting on terms, interest, and rebate, he went back to do it anyway (would definitely buy from them again even with the small issue -- no ADM on order, X-Plan no problem). He actually admitted, and called in the other finance guy on duty to show him, on how easy and straight forward the process was. Hopefully you can find the right button to push with someone and get it done.
I ordered my mach e with Angela Krause. I picked them because they were the only dealership in in metro Atlanta that had one on the lot I could see and drive. It is reassuring to hear how you were treated. I don't expect delivery until January.

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
I work in Alpharetta so this is no biggie on the drive. I’ll def order my next mache from them.

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
@StrWhtMME yes, i showed them the website with ford options and everything.

Update for whats been going on..
@hybrid2bev thank you so much for the help. The rep contacted the dealership and they got trained Friday on how to work Ford Options and had their system updated.

I was able to take home my car Wednesday night under an incomplete traditional loan while they figure out how to do the Ford Options on Friday.

Thursday I noticed deep scratch marks on the back passenger window, it would have been impossible to see at night on Wednesday. Ford cant do anything about it because i took it off the lot.

Friday, they are still figuring out how to handle Ford Options and getting system errors. Asked me to come back Sunday while they get some more help. I'm not sure if the payment they are giving me is even correct. Its wayy off from the Ford Option calculator, even with taxes I'm not sure it should even be that high. I'm still waiting on the final break downs.

These last few days has been so much stress and lies after lies. I'm being told something cant be done but can be done or something can be done isnt done. Things they would honor isnt honored or some bull shit excuse keeps coming up. I just want to get my paperwork done and probably not come back to this dealership again.

MMXX500

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GT500 2021 MACH-E GT/PE
Occupation
Dosser
Country flag
@StrWhtMME yes, i showed them the website with ford options and everything.

Update for whats been going on..
@hybrid2bev thank you so much for the help. The rep contacted the dealership and they got trained Friday on how to work Ford Options and had their system updated.

I was able to take home my car Wednesday night under an incomplete traditional loan while they figure out how to do the Ford Options on Friday.

Thursday I noticed deep scratch marks on the back passenger window, it would have been impossible to see at night on Wednesday. Ford cant do anything about it because i took it off the lot.

Friday, they are still figuring out how to handle Ford Options and getting system errors. Asked me to come back Sunday while they get some more help. I'm not sure if the payment they are giving me is even correct. Its wayy off from the Ford Option calculator, even with taxes I'm not sure it should even be that high. I'm still waiting on the final break downs.

These last few days has been so much stress and lies after lies. I'm being told something cant be done but can be done or something can be done isnt done. Things they would honor isnt honored or some bull shit excuse keeps coming up. I just want to get my paperwork done and probably not come back to this dealership again.
They said they can't do anything about the scratches on the window because you took delivery, but they don't have a completed purchase contract from you! You could tell them to fix the window or return the car if you wanted to. It's a shame that you have to deal with a horrible dealership like that, it's like some places go out of their way to make things difficult.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP is not the only person to report scratches on the back window.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
I'm feeling a lot of deja vu reading through your woes! We've had thread discussions like this previously, including having to educate the dealers as to what Options is. It was a nightmare.

What wasn't a nightmare with my dealer was getting them to replace the rear driver side window that was likewise scratched up. This was after I had taken delivery and brought it to get ceramic coated and tinted. They pointed that out, as well as a scratch on the rear window. I decided to live with the rear window because I didn't want them removing that but they were very easy to deal with in replacing the side window (after a backorder wait of course). My service guy did say that the GM told him to first try to "remove the scratches" but we all knew how that would end!

My detailer said that this happens when the dealers' $5 per hour guys use box cutters and the like to cut and remove the plastic coating the cars ship with.
Sponsored