SAVAGE

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
I thought to get the $500 Farm Bureau discount, it has to be on certain pickups, taken from dealer stock, and can’t be used along with the X-Plan.
You are correct. The Farm Bureau discount only applies to trucks - I was misinformed.
Sponsored

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Has anyone who's taken delivery had a dealer who had heard of Ford Options? I feel like everyone on this forum has said their dealer is totally unaware of the program. I can't believe it's that obscure, Ford had published info about Options on the Mach E website and build/price tool many months ago.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Has anyone who's taken delivery had a dealer who had heard of Ford Options? I feel like everyone on this forum has said their dealer is totally unaware of the program. I can't believe it's that obscure, Ford had published info about Options on the Mach E website and build/price tool many months ago.
I would have thought Ford would have had some sort of training on Ford Options with dealer's finance people. Once my car is built and in transit, I will contact my dealer to let them know I will be using X-Plan and Ford Options. They better already know about the deposit since it went to them.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
1:15 PM CST Update

Finance manager just called and was confused eve more with the information that I set him. He said that he is waiting on Ford to call him back to get this straightened out. I confused him even more when I asked about the Options Bonus cash, X-Plan, applying my deposit credit and a discount for being a Farm Bureau member. Fun times. ;)

In the meantime, I have scheduled an appointment for ceramic paint protection (at a local detailer) for next week and my Ford charger was delayed in shipping until tomorrow.

Just curious - what the running charge is for ceramic paint protection and is there a guarantee? Thanks

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They just don't look at the Ford website that is why they don't know much about the MME. :D

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
For the ceramic paint protection (4yr warranty) and PPF on the bumper, hood, mirrors and doors - the total was roughly $1700.
Thanks for this - I did see this you tube video about coating myths - sure you are probably aware but found it informative.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I would have thought Ford would have had some sort of training on Ford Options with dealer's finance people. Once my car is built and in transit, I will contact my dealer to let them know I will be using X-Plan and Ford Options. They better already know about the deposit since it went to them.
I'm totally not surprised that most dealers' finance managers are clueless about Ford Options. I did just that last week. I got affirmative answer regarding X-Plan. Still waiting for Options confirmation. Since my ETA is 3/9, I'm giving him a week, and will bug him again. I also asked him to confirm how much of the down payment can be put on credit card ($5,000) and $100 Early Adapter Incentive. That way none of this is a surprise when the time comes for delivery.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

I was just on the phone with the finance guy at the dealership. They hadn't heard of it. I talked him through how to get to it in their system based off the post on here.

In the end I think i'm going to just do regular financing, 60 moth at 1.9%.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I haven't taken delivery, but my dealer knew all about it when I first went in to convert my order in September.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
This thread is exactly why I am thinking I will need to sit down with my dealer within the next week or so to make sure there are no surprises. I've said it before, dealers are a weak link.

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
This thread is exactly why I am thinking I will need to sit down with my dealer within the next week or so to make sure there are no surprises. I've said it before, dealers are a weak link.
So my dealer just called me and said that Ford Options (which he is calling Ford Flex Buy) is showing 4.9% as the rate. I even sent him a screen grab from Ford.com that is showing it as 2.25%. Does anyone have any links that they could share that shows any more information on the Ford Options plan? Apparently I need help the finance manager out. ;)

Thanks!!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yes - best to make sure there are no surprises

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I have the secret re working with dealers. Pull a Constanza. If your first instinct tells you to count on a car dealer to help you and make buying a car a fun and rewarding experience, do the opposite. Deal with them as little as possible and count on our friends hear to show you the light. “Hi, my name is George. I am fat, bald, unemployed and live with my parents”. Hi George!!!!! Dealers just plain suck. Sorry if I have offended any dealers, Wait, no way they are here......
Sponsored