sedjosawno

First Name
Aravind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I got an alert on FordPass that an update was successful on 2/24.
I have a 2023 MachE Premium AWD SR. I have the new UI with I purchased the car in Dec 2022 but I don't see the camera button or anything new with this update.
Did anyone get this? I'm unable to clear the alert on FordPass, super annoying.

Screenshot_20230227_113353_FordPass.jpg
Sponsored

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Sounds like the GWM update showing up for some in FDRS. About time another OTA showed up.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
AFAIK you're the first person to report a Power-Up arriving to a 2023 MY vehicle. Congrats!

As it states in the screenshot you posted, this update is some sort of patch to make way for future updates so it's unsurprising you don't see UI changes yet.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
AFAIK you're the first person to report a Power-Up arriving to a 2023 MY vehicle. Congrats!
Good catch, maybe this is a precursor for rev'ing Sync v592 that '23s came with to v640, adding the 360 cam button.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

As it states in the screenshot you posted, this update is some sort of patch to make way for future updates so it's unsurprising you don't see UI changes yet.
Someone on the Mach E Nation FB group got 4.1.3 on her 2023. They must be starting to push updates to them.

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
I just jumped in my car to make sure my '23's LVB was at 80+ %, and to my surprise my Automatic Updates were turned off, and so was Wi-Fi. These cars really have a mind of their own. Hoping to get my first update, and then whatever new gremlins come with it!

Penumbra

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e premium ER RWD ordered
Country flag
I got an alert on FordPass that an update was successful on 2/24.
I have a 2023 MachE Premium AWD SR. I have the new UI with I purchased the car in Dec 2022 but I don't see the camera button or anything new with this update.
Did anyone get this? I'm unable to clear the alert on FordPass, super annoying.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Power-Up 4.2.1 installed Screenshot_20230227_113353_FordPass
I just got the same update/alert on 23 premium.

bigredx86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium STD AWD
Country flag
Got the same alert on our 23 Premium today as well, doesn’t look like anything changed just getting us ready for them.

miguelcastro67

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT-Perf
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Then I guess I’m the second. I just got the popup as well. 2023 GT PE

bostonman

First Name
Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E premium SR, Cyber-Orange
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My 2023 Premium got the update today too (first ever). Wonder what changes are in the release.

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Also got 4.2.1 this evening on my ‘23.

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
I had my Amazon cart loaded with the kit to do updates myself (12V power supply, Mongoose USB) and literally got the notification from FordPass that I got 4.2.1 on my '23 Premium. Yes I am ridiculously impatient, even for an update that doesn't actually contain anything 🤷‍♂️

Strange how they do these updates. Us with '23s are getting the "latest" powerup, yet we are still in Sync Revision 592, while older cars have gotten the next one, 640 (I think that is the number) with the Camera button in the upper tray.

Has anyone looked at their "About" screen lately? Mine says I have Hands-Free driving through 10-06-2073. Sweet! 50 years of hands-free!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I had my Amazon cart loaded with the kit to do updates myself (12V power supply, Mongoose USB) and literally got the notification from FordPass that I got 4.2.1 on my '23 Premium. Yes I am ridiculously impatient, even for an update that doesn't actually contain anything 🤷‍♂️

Strange how they do these updates. Us with '23s are getting the "latest" powerup, yet we are still in Sync Revision 592, while older cars have gotten the next one, 640 (I think that is the number) with the Camera button in the upper tray.

Has anyone looked at their "About" screen lately? Mine says I have Hands-Free driving through 10-06-2073. Sweet! 50 years of hands-free!
The vehicle has many OTA update capable modules. Each Power-Up addresses only a subset of them. So for instance, 4.2.1 might update your GWM while 4.2.2 or whatever updates the TCU, etc. Your SYNC (APIM) will probably receive several updates over the course of future Power-Ups.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
The vehicle has many OTA update capable modules. Each Power-Up addresses only a subset of them. So for instance, 4.2.1 might update your GWM while 4.2.2 or whatever updates the TCU, etc. Your SYNC (APIM) will probably receive several updates over the course of future Power-Ups.
i guess what's confusing about this is that '23 cars shipped from the factory with rev 592 of sync, but 4.2.1 does not contain the sync update that adds the camera button in the top ribbon. meanwhile, older cars got 4.1.2 which did contain that sync camera button update. so it's looking like '23 owners are going to have to wait for some other update to sync to gain that functionality...?

btw i just received 4.2.1 this morning so they definitely are rolling out updates to the '23s finally. too bad the update doesn't really do anything!
Sponsored