Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I think it took about 30 min for the Alexa Icon to show up. That OTA is a sleepy one and takes a while to wake up after surgery. :)
LOL, I would be just fine if the icon never showed up. 🤪🐩
Sponsored

SXBB

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Country flag
I was wondering how I'd get rid of the Alexa icon but it disappeared a day or so after it appeared! 😊

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
LOL, I would be just fine if the icon never showed up. 🤪🐩
I had every intent of never updating the car again if that ”thing” was a permanent fixture in the car or if we had to sign in to delete it. I wasn’t successful, Ford installed 3.5.2 and all subsequent PowerUps despite the Automatic Update setting bring in the OFF position. I’d probably have painted the sync screen black if it had been forced on us by those updates. ;)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Moving that A/C button still seems like a knee jerk reaction and very sloppy. It really should be on the HVAC screen like the other buttons. A/C, Max A/C, Recirc and E-Heat all have the same priority IMO. Just a stupid decision on Ford's part.

The vast majority of the time, the Auto system is smart enough to know when to enable/disable those settings and the driver doesn't even need to worry too much about. For those rare times where we do need to over-ride what Auto is doing then it's just a quick 1 touch press to get to the screen with all the choices.

I think Ford should have stuck to their guns vs caving in and moving that button to a place where it doesn't belong. They had the right idea from the beginning. The 3 levels of Auto and a temp setting are all that we need providing the system is working correctly.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.5.3 Power Up OTA Installed 1666885496952

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do you now have the full screen android auto and new ac button?
2021 job 2 EA here. I got 3.5.3 yesterday and I now have both the new AC button and full screen Android Auto. Thank god, I've been waiting for the latter since I bought the car and it was driving me insane.

Jim622

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
I have been playing with Alexa and the video thing. I honestly see no useful purpose for either. If It would load video from prime then maybe. The limited youtube that you can watch is not worth the $10. Monthly fee.
IMHO this is another totally worthless update. Please tell me if I am missing something.
Sponsored