Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Reading through the comments on here in all the 5.0 threads I think Ford should recommend anyone born before 1990 to stick with the old app. Joking, kinda

Maybe people should just roll back a previous cloud backup of your phone to get the old app and turn off auto update.
I am sure lots of the users here would like the option to roll back to the earlier version. Just goes to show that newer is not necessarily better. I wish we could do this with the IP as well.
Sponsored

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I've had to clear cache and force stop multiple times. Galaxy Z Flip 5. Really bummed about the trip planner, used it several times previously.

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
iphone 15 - works fine, nothing new but the look
apple watch - much nicer .... good job on the update.

syberghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
computer booper
Country flag
Maybe people should just roll back a previous cloud backup of your phone to get the old app and turn off auto update.
Not a great idea unless you also turn off Bluetooth, which of course would eliminate not only the working bits, but the entire option of phone as a key. If it came to that I'd just buy more keyfobs for the whole family.

Sikkun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Reading through the comments on here in all the 5.0 threads I think Ford should recommend anyone born before 1990 to stick with the old app. Joking, kinda

Lots of user error for sure….

Not like you even need the app to use the car.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Lots of user error for sure….

Not like you even need the app to use the car.
User error exists. But when the app automatically updates and then fails to properly open - prior to a single keystroke of user input - it's hard to blame user error.

I bet I could spend the time and effort to uninstall, clear caches, reinstall and re-enter data a few times and get the new version to mostly work. But I am not going to do that.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

The 1990 comment can take a hike, last college grad we had didn’t know what the Windows registry is. Maybe before 1960 or something, but picking a range where the people involved grew up with computers, and way less reliable ones than we have now, is pretty silly

The issue is lack of testing across phone models. Just because it works for many doesn’t make all issues user issues. My uncles issue wasn’t a user issue, most others that have non-working buttons aren’t just user issues. You shouldn’t have to change OS settings or restart devices for your apps to work properly.

There being a solution a user can do if they know what to do isn’t an excuse for a bad software launch.

That said, the comments about not taking the car on a trip because of FordPass are pretty silly. Just take your key if you’re worried about PaaK and make sure your backup code works. But you should do that even if PaaK was 100% because phones break and batteries die. I’ve never had any need of FordPass on trips.

bostonman

First Name
Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E premium SR, Cyber-Orange
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
S20+ here and I have the same issue. The Location and Public charger buttons work one time. To get them to work again, I have to reboot the phone. Force Stop does not do it. So if I reboot phone, go to app, click location, it works. Leave app and come back it won't work until I reboot phone.
Similar problem here with Samsung Flip5 Android-14.... The "Location" button work once but only once (location window opened & worked fine). Need to clear cache reopen Ford App and it will work once again.

On the top of this, I cannot find the "Charge to 100%" button any more. Any one see it on their iPhones ?

Last edited:

bostonman

First Name
Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E premium SR, Cyber-Orange
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What caused that option to vanish? I wouldn't want that to happen to me.
My "Return back to open version" button is gone too :-(

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had switched back to the old interface many times already, it no longer appears to be an option.
How the F&*^% do I charge on the road if I can't list the public chargers. Major F&^% up Ford!

If it matters, I have a Samsung Galaxy 24+ so Android.

I use to hate the survey each time I switched back to the old interface, but shit at least I could go back and charge.

Last edited:

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
After days of trying to avoid updating, my Ford Pass just got updated and I can't go back. I am trying to live with it but there are so many dead buttons.
For example on the home screen the LOCATION button is dead: I tap on it and nothing happens. So it no longer shows that my MME is at home?
Then on the Energy screen, PUBLIC CHARGING is dead: I tap it and nothing happens. What is supposed to happen? Is it supposed to show nearby chargers? Well, if so, mine doesn't.
What happened to the Plug and Charge screen? Is it gone? Or is it hidden someplace?
On so many other buttons I only get a message, "enable charge locations in vehicle". So why have a phone app if I have to do everything in the vehicle??!! I can't even search for nearby chargers unless I am in the car, can I? Someone please help us understand how to use the new version.
Are you on Android? If so you could just grab an older apk from something like apkmirror and install that.
Sponsored