Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Edition AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
I just updated, thank you for letting us know.

The app also just let me know my MME got an OTA update as well. Anyone else get this?
Sponsored

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
That's really strange. Because I know what you're talking about with the vibrate on delete messages, but like I said-- mine stopped doing that 2 or 3 updates ago.
Well, you said you have Android. They aren't built entirely the same, despite the version numbers.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Well, you said you have Android. They aren't built entirely the same, despite the version numbers.
I'm aware of the differences. But I did not know that you had an iPhone.
Sorry you're still dealing with that.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I just updated to iOS 3.22. Interestingly, when I opened the app, I also had an alert about receiving a second OTA update. That may be a total coincidence - I had not opened FordPass today until after I just updated.

It does not appear that the OTA update or the FP update fixed the status update problems. When I open the app, the car’s latest status is still 5hrs old (when I last drove it). After doing several swipe-down forced refreshes, it updates the status, but if I swipe down again it reverts back to 5hrs ago!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App Version 3.22.0 is out 9FD767B7-826D-425F-A342-F5B19424BE04

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App Version 3.22.0 is out 6A8453BE-1994-4BD7-98A2-A3D85F5C39ED

Refresh again, and it’s back to updated, but now the battery is red for some reason….

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App Version 3.22.0 is out B17B7125-8415-463F-8F34-DB0A1068C940

What the heck is going on with this thing? Why, after multiple releases, can’t they get this basic stuff fixed?

When I try to modify my charging schedule, upon tapping “Save” is just hangs on the Loading screen….

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App Version 3.22.0 is out 8A46D92C-BC52-420B-9548-D8FC8A0202CF

….until I finally get this error:

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass App Version 3.22.0 is out C89E786E-BA99-4E3E-8B0D-05448F4158CF

If I plug my car in, I still don’t get a message telling me the car is plugged in, or any sort of real-time charging update.

What is Ford fixing with these new releases because it evidently isn’t anything than anyone can discern.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
Ford needs to stop trying to put lipstick on a pig and develop a proper app for the MachE from the ground up. I've used FordPass for a long time with my '19 Mustang, and it's even had issues with that, so this was obviously just repurposed to try and integrate it with the MachE and EV charging, and it's a complete mess.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just updated, thank you for letting us know.

The app also just let me know my MME got an OTA update as well. Anyone else get this?
I saw those in my app before doing the 3.22 update.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The button to allow departure times when unplugged has been there for the last few versions, but still doesn't work

IMG_7150.PNG

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I just updated to iOS 3.22. Interestingly, when I opened the app, I also had an alert about receiving a second OTA update. That may be a total coincidence - I had not opened FordPass today until after I just updated.

It does not appear that the OTA update or the FP update fixed the status update problems. When I open the app, the car’s latest status is still 5hrs old (when I last drove it). After doing several swipe-down forced refreshes, it updates the status, but if I swipe down again it reverts back to 5hrs ago!!
It also did this for me: Updated Ford Pass and the first thing it does is show that my car got the 2nd OTA update (looks like the OTA update happened two days ago). Thanks for letting me know in a timely manner ! LOL

Still getting "Your car has arrived at home" alerts about 20 minutes after I've arrived at home. Still wish we could turn this one off.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
FordPass - Apps on Google Play

WHAT'S NEW

What’s New - 3.22.0
• Fixed bugs and made some improvements under the hood of the app.
• FordPass will no longer support old versions of the app. Please upgrade to 3.22.0 to continue to enjoy the benefits of this app.
Keep the feedback coming!

(emphasis mine)

my app version is still 3.21.0 (android), and I do have 'auto-update' for apps on, so..... does this update happen at some random time, when I restart phone, or do I have to uninstall and download from Playstore all over?

I don't see anything IN the fp app showing a 'update now' link....

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
my app version is still 3.21.0 (android), and I do have 'auto-update' for apps on, so..... does this update happen at some random time, when I restart phone, or do I have to uninstall and download from Playstore all over?

I don't see anything IN the fp app showing a 'update now' link....
Go into the Playstore, tap your icon (top right for me), select "My apps & games" and look at the list of updates pending. You may find Ford Pass in the list (or you can just hit update all).

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks very much for this!
I completed my update through the Apple online store, and I’m all up and running with the latest version.

smp

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Go into the Playstore, tap your icon (top right for me), select "My apps & games" and look at the list of updates pending. You may find Ford Pass in the list (or you can just hit update all).

aha!

yes, I opened playstore, searched for FordPass, and there was a green 'update' button.... I'm surprised the update wasn't automatic, but thanks for letting me know the procedure!

I think it would be really fantastic if FordPass actually sent a message that an update was available.... whether it will be updated automatically, or if it can be manually requested.... and of course *some* details on what is IN the update .

i.e. lets just keep asking for a list of bugs fixed, and a list of known bugs being worked on ;) Since this IS software, and they do have messaging capability, it would be pretty nice to get a timely, meaningful, and informative message in the app to let us know when there is an update available.... and what's in it..... 'Release Notes' are not a new concept.

Last edited:

noname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
Yeah, new batch of bugs! More and more with every release
Sponsored