Ford's Connected Charge Station

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
He set it up so it has its own breaker. He said something about having to pull new wires. the house was built in 2009. Not sure what he meant.
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I'm not sure but I think the Ford Wall box does not come with a plug. It is designed to be hardwired to a breaker in your power service box. Also, it can output 48 Amps which requires a 60 Amp breaker so you would have to turn down the output on the EVSE which kind of defeats part of the expense of getting the wall unit.
So I need to change it to a 60 and I will be fine??? This sounds stupid but I am not electrically inclined. Since it has its own breaker and 240 box. he can just lose the plug and hook it up directly to the wires???

larryjwhite

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity
Country flag
Maybe, it depends on whether he used wires that are only rated for 50 amps or if he used wires rated for 60 amps or more if he used heavier wires that can handle 60 amps its fine, otherwise he will have to replace the existing wiring to handle the extra load.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Thank you EVER so much for answering my stupid questions.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
AS for HVB battery stress, below 20% soc and above 80% soc is what one wants to minimize. Meaning don't charge to 100% once you get home and let it sit all night at this level.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford's Connected Charge Station tesla battery stress and soc

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
In the fine print you can finance at the time of purchase both the ford hard wire charging station as well as installation.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I have a 50 amp 14-50 240 volt outlet installed in my home. Meaning it should be good for nearly 30 miles per hour of charging.

schmluss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have a 50 amp 14-50 240 volt outlet installed in my home. Meaning it should be good for nearly 30 miles per hour of charging.
Same here, built the house with the 14-50. Currently have a Juice Box for my Niro plug-in. Will use it for the Mustang too.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Is the 14-50 the same as a dryer outlet???

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
So it sounds like the one I have. Thanks.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Plenty of receptacles have prongs on all sides. Here's a NEMA 14-30: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/i...-wire-dryer-receptacle-outlet-NEMA-14-30R.jpg

Be careful, and check with an electrician if you have concerns about your home's readiness for higher speed charging setups.

My understanding is that the EVSE supplied with the Mach-E will come with two adapters: NEMA 5-15 (the most common household style 120V connector) and NEMA 14-50 (commonly available at some RV parks and for electric ovens in a modern kitchen). Even though it will have these adapters, the charging rate will be configurable to give you some flexibility for it to work with your home's wiring and other loads that might share the circuit. The maximum charge rate on the included EVSE is 32A @ 240V, which is considered safe as long as your wiring is appropriately sized for a 40A circuit and nothing else is using that circuit at the same time.
Sponsored