Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My HVBJB threw an SVS on me just a few weeks prior to the recall. While I applaud Ford providing these gifts (as @timbop said, who's heard of a car company providing a gift to complete a recall), I'll admit it does sting a bit the it appears these gifts don't apply for those of us who were arguably significantly more inconvenienced by the HVBJB SVS, or far worse, SSN. That isn't to suggest that getting the recall done is a bed of roses either. But if I could have chosen between recall vs. HVBJB SVS in the middle of the Cali Central Valley on a 100º day, I'd prefer the recall. Even more so for those who experienced SSN.

If my understanding of the eligibility for the gift is correct (I'd be very happy to be wrong) honestly it is a really strange call on Ford's part to structure it this way.
As with other moves by Ford where their communication is vague (a pretty high percentage), we don't know for a fact that those who had the ordeals leading to the recall are going to be left out. At this point it's an assumption being made, and it makes no sense to jump to the conclusion that you're screwed. So far Ford has been pretty fair with the Mach-E, so maybe we just need to wait for clarification?
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
As with other moves by Ford where their communication is vague (a pretty high percentage), we don't know for a fact that those who had the ordeals leading to the recall are going to be left out. At this point it's an assumption being made, and it makes no sense to jump to the conclusion that you're screwed. So far Ford has been pretty fair with the Mach-E, so maybe we just need to wait for clarification?
To be clear, I said I'd be happy to be wrong, and I certainly didn't say I was screwed. (I also credited you for looking at the bright side of life.) You can think of my post a simply a bit of a nudge to Ford. 😉

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To be clear, I said I'd be happy to be wrong, and I certainly didn't say I was screwed. (I also credited you for looking at the bright side of life.) You can think of my post a simply a bit of a nudge to Ford. 😉
That's fair! 😜

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I understand your feelings, but have you ever heard of any car company giving ANYTHING away as an apology for a recall? At the very least you have to admit that is unusual. And yet, a significant portion of the posts in this thread are bashing Ford for it.

In the end, over 2 actions Ford is giving away $300 worth of goodies to roughly 100,000 customers and those customers are complaining that it wasn't enough. Sorry, but that just doesn't seem like an appropriate response.
GM gave all the Bolt owners a new 100k mile warranty for the new battery. I had 103k on the original, when it got replaced.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
What if 23S56 was cleared shortly after its release due to the HVBJB being replaced previously? A lot of us had it showing up initially before it disappeared about a week later.
I’d really like to know this too. We got ours replaced and maybe a little over a month later the actual recall was announced.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I think this is a great gesture and Ford is to be congratulated.

I just wonder when I'll have an opportunity to get my HVBJB replaced under this program? Still waiting for my letter saying go git 'er done.

Anybody else with a rear-drive and big battery get that letter yet? I realize living in the flatlands without AWD my risk of part failure is about as low as it could be and still be part of the recall, but I hate to think the dog ate the letter or something.

Especially since we don't have a dog.
Yes. Still awaiting the letter from Ford telling me to go to the dealer for the hvbjb replacement on my job1 2021 Premium. Otherwise, thank you.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I think this is a great gesture and Ford is to be congratulated.

I just wonder when I'll have an opportunity to get my HVBJB replaced under this program? Still waiting for my letter saying go git 'er done.

Anybody else with a rear-drive and big battery get that letter yet? I realize living in the flatlands without AWD my risk of part failure is about as low as it could be and still be part of the recall, but I hate to think the dog ate the letter or something.

Especially since we don't have a dog.
I have a 2021 rear wheel drive Mach E with the extended battery and had the work done without a letter. The work took a day and they gave me a free rental car.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I’m curious what’s upgraded about the charging pad. Is it the one that started shipping with the 23s. Was that really any better?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m curious what’s upgraded about the charging pad. Is it the one that started shipping with the 23s. Was that really any better?
I stopped using the charging pad in the car and just plug in all the time now because it wouldn't charge fast enough to keep up with Android Auto's power drain. On a road trip, I'd have less charge than I started with using the pad. Plus the phone got a lot hotter.

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Hi Mustang Mach-E Owners,

In our ongoing efforts to ensure you are well looked after, we are offering customers impacted by the 23S56 recall with a goodwill package following service completion as an appreciation for working with us and your dealer to make this right for you.

If you have had your Mustang Mach-E serviced for this recall the goodwill package will automatically be sent to you.

What is included in the goodwill package?
1. 30k FordPass®Rewards – These points are automatically placed in the user’s account after all repair paperwork has been processed by the Dealer and Ford
2. A complimentary mobile phone charging mat with an updated design to be sent directly to the customer’s vehicle registration address after completion of service.
3. Included with the Charging Mat is a $50 reimbursement (either an Amazon Gift Card or a mail check -- customer’s choice)
-This reimbursement will be made available to the customer via a QR code included on a letter accompanying the charging mat.

If you have completed this recall already and are awaiting your goodwill package, we are beginning dispatch of the FordPass Rewards points and mobile phone charging mat this month and you should receive them soon.

What do I need to do to receive this package?
Customers eligible for FSA 23S56 should work with their local dealer to complete the repair. Customers will start seeing their FordPass Rewards points in their accounts approximately 3 weeks after the repair is completed. The charging mat and $50 reimbursement will also be sent approximately 3 weeks after the repair is completed. No additional action by the customer is necessary.

My dealer didn’t mention the goodwill program when I picked up my vehicle after repair. How do I know I’ll receive this package?
Regardless of whether the dealer communicated the details of the package, customers affected by FSA 23S56 will receive these complimentary gifts automatically.

It’s been well over 3 weeks since this forum post, my FSA has been completed, and I have not received any update on goodwill delivery. What should I do?
Please send us a DM here on the forum with your VIN, contact information, recall completion date and dealership. We will review your details and progress of your goodwill. Alternatively our Recall Concierge team will be happy to assist you. They can be reached at 1-833-807-3673 or ford.com/support. Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET.

I completed my FSA for this recall prior to this goodwill program going into effect. Do I still receive a gift?
Goodwill is specific to the FSA 23S56 recall program. Customers who have completed the FSA 23S56 recall will automatically receive their goodwill.
I have been wondering about this so I’ll ask you. What if my ‘21 Mach E GT’s manufacturing date falls within the range for the recall but my vehicle doesn’t show up to have an active recall when I look up its VIN?

Mache_Nor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE LR RWD
Country flag
It’s a nice thing, but sucks that it’s only Americans that can use this offer (Europe does not have the point system you American have for starters). As I’m on my fourth HVBJB, I feel like a deserve at least a gift card to buy me a ice icream or something 😅

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
When I had my HVBJB done in the middle of January, my service adviser mumbled something about Ford giving me extra points. Since I haven't seen anything, I just assumed that he was confused, but apparently not.

Donaldsw

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE
Country flag
What about those of us who had it fail and replaced before the recall?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Been two months since Fiesta Ford in Palm Desert returned the car to me, saying that they “had to order parts” for the HVJB recall.
Yikes, sounds more like a siesta at that dealership to me.
Sponsored