Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The GrizzlE is now mounted upside down as planned. I wonder if my Wife will even notice? lol

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-E mounted upside down? 667C6335-7046-467B-9201-D59C6253F0E1
Did yours come with the plug holder? I actually like that one a lot, as it allows the plug to move around in case it gets bumped.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
The only positional advice on charging stations Iā€™ve received pertained to mounting them outdoors - apparantly some brands are weather-proof only when mounted in their proper orientation.

FWIW, my son borrowed my ford mobile charger for use with his Chevy Volt (until he gets a Tesla in a couple of years), and he mounted it upside down because it worked better given the existing plug. His garage was set-up for a Tesla by the prior owner and he didnā€™t want to swap out the outletā€¦.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-E mounted upside down? 6389ABB1-7032-4834-B570-7180C93A03E9

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Two notes... mounting it upside down indoors shouldn't matter, but as pointed out, I wouldn't do it outside based on the design to keep water ingress out (unless it's covered from rain/snow). Also, if you're mounting it in a garage, it should be installed higher up from the floor. The NEC is somewhat vague about garage outlets and things like that, but it should be "protected from damage", i.e.: a car can't drive into it.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Two notes... mounting it upside down indoors shouldn't matter, but as pointed out, I wouldn't do it outside based on the design to keep water ingress out (unless it's covered from rain/snow). Also, if you're mounting it in a garage, it should be installed higher up from the floor. The NEC is somewhat vague about garage outlets and things like that, but it should be "protected from damage", i.e.: a car can't drive into it.
They claim its tough enough to drive a Truck over it! I decided not to use the hanger that came with it but I added a couple velcro straps to tidy up the cables. Wife STILL hasnā€™t noticed that it is mounted upside down! Lol

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
They claim its tough enough to drive a Truck over it! I decided not to use the hanger that came with it but I added a couple velcro straps to tidy up the cables. Wife STILL hasnā€™t noticed that it is mounted upside down! Lol
Any negative experiences with it being mounted upside down yet? I just received mine and instead of turning the cable I may just mount upside down. Although the cable with the plug seems so beefy that I think it would handle the bend to the outlet!

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Any negative experiences with it being mounted upside down yet? I just received mine and instead of turning the cable I may just mount upside down. Although the cable with the plug seems so beefy that I think it would handle the bend to the outlet!
Thereā€™s nothing in there that is affected by orientation, nothing.
the only catch is mounting it upside down Outside can cause water to pool around the connections and if the seal isnā€™t perfect it could leak inside.

Miav8r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
Or, you could rotate the receptacle in the box and mount it right side up.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Or, you could rotate the receptacle in the box and mount it right side up.
Iā€™ve thought about doing that, seems like itā€™s as simple as unscrewing the plate and turning the outlet, but Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s enough slack on the wires and Iā€™d rather leave it the way my electrician installed it.
Have you tried rotating your own or had experience with that?

Miav8r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
Yes, I rotated mine. Should be plenty of slack in the box. Turn the breaker off first!