Which GT are you going to order?

• Total voters

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
And I ended up changing the color to Rapid Red (wife hated the orange) and also added the Pano roof. I was worried it might delay my order even though the dealer said it shouldn't. Just got the email today that it's scheduled for production the week of August 15th!
Sticking with the cyber orange here. It is now the only color left that is GT only. I have a Grabber FE and figured I would like the change after having the FE almost a year by the time the GT arrives. Probably like the Grabbe color a bit more, but I'm going for the Cyber, and prefer the ME's bright and bold and appreciate the uniqueness.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Went GT. There were a lot of mixed messages on what the PE included and as I understand it's seats, interior trim, wheels and tires and magneride with a small bump in torque. The wheels and tires was a bummer as summer tires won't work for Midwest year round. Magneride seems like a nice option but when researching seems like a lot of folks were only getting 40k miles out of theirs and at 1k per corner that's a pricey replacement. Couldn't justify the PE cost increase for that.

protatoblt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Went GT. There were a lot of mixed messages on what the PE included and as I understand it's seats, interior trim, wheels and tires and magneride with a small bump in torque. The wheels and tires was a bummer as summer tires won't work for Midwest year round. Magneride seems like a nice option but when researching seems like a lot of folks were only getting 40k miles out of theirs and at 1k per corner that's a pricey replacement. Couldn't justify the PE cost increase for that.
Would the Magneride be covered under the 5yr/60,000 mile warranty?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Nothing in stone, just browsing Magneride leaks or fail keywords on mustang forums. Found quite a few examples of folks with leaking shocks that had to be replaced under warranty and a few comments from other saying to expect to get 40k miles out of them. I would suspect it's variable but in my experience with coilovers and my BMW with adaptive suspension, the adaptive dampers don't hold up as well as stock shocks over time. The more often you run them stiff, the more likely they are to leak.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Nothing in stone, just browsing Magneride leaks or fail keywords on mustang forums. Found quite a few examples of folks with leaking shocks that had to be replaced under warranty and a few comments from other saying to expect to get 40k miles out of them. I would suspect it's variable but in my experience with coilovers and my BMW with adaptive suspension, the adaptive dampers don't hold up as well as stock shocks over time. The more often you run them stiff, the more likely they are to leak.
Just anecdotal and a one-off example, but I'll throw it in anyway...

The rear dampers (stock) on my Fiesta were leaking after 64000 miles and about 5 years. Stuff happens... And I might have driven them on rough dirt roads every now and then (for hiking and whatnot). But, they were only $323 to replace at a Ford QuickLane. I'm guessing MagneRide repairs are much more expensive.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
15 days ago, I ordered a GT (non-PE), Silver, with Blue Cruise/camera and pano roof, plus interior protection package. Note that I ordered before finding this awesome community. See a lot of pano alignment complaints, but I’m hoping that’s “squeaky wheels” or at the very least an issue that’s fixed before my MME is built.

I really wanted this to be my “no regrets car” so that I wouldn’t try to upgrade in a couple years. Given that, I put some serious thought into PE. But I honestly didn’t want to deal with summer tires and needing a second set (I live in the Northeast). The fixed headrest is another thing I didn’t like the thought of. God forbid it’s fixed in a spot I find uncomfortable! ?
Or worse fixed in a spot your wife feels uncomfortable ?. I agree with the PE too, I debated for so long on it. But I wanted something still comfortable for long trips so I wasn't sure about going full performance seats, the tires are an automatic expense on top of buying the car if you need all weather tires, the limited distance would make long trips difficult (235 miles at the time was the rating).

Really all I wanted was the magneride suspension. It's a shame they don't sell that as a separate upgrade.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Who is ordering a GT versus GT performance? Or sticking with a non-GT?
I was going to go Premium until the GT pricing dropped below $60k, giving me the full $2000 NY rebate. Also, I'd prefer to delete the sunroof, so the GT has that benefit, beyond all the nice extra performance. I'd love Magnaride too, but I don't want the sport seats or the summer tires, so I'll be ordering the GT. {Jonathan}

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
Sticking with the cyber orange here. It is now the only color left that is GT only. I have a Grabber FE and figured I would like the change after having the FE almost a year by the time the GT arrives. Probably like the Grabbe color a bit more, but I'm going for the Cyber, and prefer the ME's bright and bold and appreciate the uniqueness.
After some discussion with my wife, I switched back to the Cyber Orange (kept the Pano roof). Seeing it at the Chicago Auto Show pics I think that's the right call (for me). Looks great! So far build date is still 8/15.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine standard GT coming in Sept 9th 2021 Dark Matter Grey
Sponsored