Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Ordered Red GT...just could not see the value of getting the Performance Edition...just hung up on the loss of range trade off to get 0.3 seconds better 0-60 and better seats/suspension.

No other thread I could find asking this so I will ask: What factor caused you to pick GT PE over GT?
Upgraded Suspension, I love the wheels and don’t care for the reg GT wheels, also, it’s a long wait..no regrets
Sponsored

BonyPR

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 1st Ed
Occupation
Government
Country flag
The dealer wants $5k over MSRP, seriously? The price of the performance for the non-performance? If Ford or the dealer don't take that away I will cancel. I refuse and wont pay a penny over MSRP. What kills me is the description: " Difference from Total MSRP " the cherry on top is the footnote: " Difference from Total MSRP: The amount shown is the difference between Total MSRP and Dealer Selling Price, excluding Dealer Installed Options." I hate to say it but that's why non-dealership companies succeed. ?‍♂
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT ordering poll 2021-04-28

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
I haven't yet moved to GT land but if I did, it would be the PE, because the logic would be tied to part of the same logic for why I bought an FE - if I'm going through all this anyway, might as well buy the "best" one. (although in the GT/GT PE case, that's more complicated than it was for the FE, given that the GT has some things like the power passenger seat not in the GT PE)
Wait, the GTPE doesn't have a powered passenger seat?

Brown1000

First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 MME GTPE
Country flag
Ordered GTPE
Cyber Orange
Co-pilot
Pano roof
Floormats

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
nope, at least that's what it says in the order guide at (1) 2021 Mach-E Mustang Order Guide (U.S. & Canada) | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT ordering poll 1619706647372

this is honestly not a deal-breaker for me, and it may literally be the only thing that's "missing" (and the PE has "better" seats so it's a trade-off). I haven't looked that closely at the guide.
Yea, wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either, just found it interesting. I wonder what the chances are that "manual" there is a typo. I've never heard of a 8-way adjusted manual seat - googling it doesn't return any results either. Also if you configure the GT PE on the website and look at the interior, you can see the power controls in the image. Although those are computer generated as well and could also be wrong... lol.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Yea, wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either, just found it interesting. I wonder what the chances are that "manual" there is a typo. I've never heard of a 8-way adjusted manual seat - googling it doesn't return any results either. Also if you configure the GT PE on the website and look at the interior, you can see the power controls in the image. Although those are computer generated as well and could also be wrong... lol.
Agreed. 6 way manual yes, though I think the VW turbo bug I have driven has manual 8 way. It had a sort of pump lever that raises and lowers it, then forwards and backwards, seat back, and lumbar. I am hoping there is a typo though.

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Ford Focus ST, ‘21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
The seats and the range were a big reason I chose the GT over the PE. I was worried that the more performance-oriented seats would be less comfortable due to the heavier bolstering; my wife and I already hate the bolstering of the Recaro’s in our Focus ST. Also, paying more to get a manually adjustable passenger seat with fixed head restraints bothers me.

I’m not bringing this to the track or anything like that (this is going to be a daily driver and family/road-trip car), so the extra 34 ft-pounds for 15 less miles of range was another a huge factor.

I do wish I could have the magneride and PE wheels, but all of the other factors overruled, not even factoring n the $5000 price tag.

You guys are all giving me a dose of FOMO but I don’t see myself regretting the decision lol

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
No other thread I could find asking this so I will ask: What factor caused you to pick GT PE over GT?
[/QUOTE]
Magneride even though I have never ridden in one. Otherwise I would have gotten the GT. I would rather have the 250 range than the 235 but I am concerned the suspension in the GT is going to be too rough and Magneride should fix that. The premium rides on the nice side of firm, any more firm would be too firm for me.

I have a 7 mile commute so the range probably doesn't effect me other then mental.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The seats and the range were a big reason I chose the GT over the PE. I was worried that the more performance-oriented seats would be less comfortable due to the heavier bolstering. Also, paying more to get a manually adjustable passenger seat with fixed head restraints bothers me.

I’m not bringing this to the track or anything like that (this is going to be a daily driver and family car), so the extra 34 ft-pounds for 15 less miles of range was another a huge factor.

I do wish I could have the magneride and PE wheels, but all of the other factors overruled, not even factoeng n the $5000 price tag.

You guys are all giving me a dose of FOMO but I don’t see myself regretting the decision lol
I like your line of thinking though between GT and GT PE. And if we're just focusing on performance, I mean really where is the extra .3 seconds off the 0-60 coming from? The small(comparably to the whole value) torque increase or is it mostly from the summer tires? The tires that folks, if it's a daily driver, are probably going to have to switch off of 3 seasons out of the year (depending on where they live) and thus lose part or almost all of the .3 gain most of the time? I wonder what a GT would gain with gripper tires.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Magneride even though I have never ridden in one.
but I am concerned the suspension in the GT is going to be too rough and Magneride should fix that. The premium rides on the nice side of firm, any more firm would be too firm for me.
[/QUOTE]

We really don't know any of that yet.

Mockingbird2004

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Elevator Construction Mechanic
Country flag
I like your line of thinking though between GT and GT PE. And if we're just focusing on performance, I mean really where is the extra .3 seconds off the 0-60 coming from? The small(comparably to the whole value) torque increase or is it mostly from the summer tires? The tires that folks, if it's a daily driver, are probably going to have to switch off of 3 seasons out of the year (depending on where they live) and thus lose part or almost all of the .3 gain most of the time? I wonder what a GT would gain with gripper tires.
I would like to know what the maximum tire we will be able to get, hopefully we can at least a 275 for track days

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The seats and the range were a big reason I chose the GT over the PE. I was worried that the more performance-oriented seats would be less comfortable due to the heavier bolstering; my wife and I already hate the bolstering of the Recaro’s in our Focus ST. Also, paying more to get a manually adjustable passenger seat with fixed head restraints bothers me.

I’m not bringing this to the track or anything like that (this is going to be a daily driver and family/road-trip car), so the extra 34 ft-pounds for 15 less miles of range was another a huge factor.

I do wish I could have the magneride and PE wheels, but all of the other factors overruled, not even factoring n the $5000 price tag.

Same here. It'll be my family's only car and I'm looking forward to road trips with it. GTPE with Magneride and 235mi range just isn't in the cards.

Does anyone have any guesses on how stiff the GT is going to ride on the conventional suspension? Anyone have a fossil Mustang GT as their daily driver and can speak about how it is over rough pavement?

The Tesla Model Y Performance is considered to have stiff suspension and I'm hoping the MME GT isn't any worse than the Tesla.

GrayGT-P

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Ordered Dark Matter Gray GT Performance edition
Pano roof and Copilot 360

My dealer said they expect delivery in 2022.

Anyone else hear 2022?
Sponsored