Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
That makes sense and on the topic of tires - Are there any posts yet on what winter/all-season tires folks will be using, as needed, for the GTPE?
Sponsored

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
That makes sense and on the topic of tires - Are there any posts yet on what winter/all-season tires folks will be using, as needed, for the GTPE?
I've been thinking about the same. Since they are the same size (245/45R20), my current plan is to switch to the GT's OEM 20" Continental All Season tires (exact model not yet known - to me anyway) and use them year-round. However, I'm open to other possibilities. There are many choices in this size at Tire Rack.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've been thinking about the same. Since they are the same size (245/45R20), my current plan is to switch to the GT's OEM 20" Continental All Season tires (exact model not yet known - to me anyway) and use them year-round. However, I'm open to other possibilities. There are many choices in this size at Tire Rack.
I'm hoping Ford equipped the MME GT with the new ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus tires.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I really hope so as, if adaptive suspension is an option it is a box I will always want to check it, so that means GTPE but the configurator does state a manual passenger seat for the GTPE while power for the GT. For the price point of a GTPE a manual seat is absurd :(.

With the GTPE having a different seat to the GT it is hard to know what to believe unfortunately I suspect the actual configurator may be true :( would be nice for ford to clarify.

I can at least order the GTPE and walk away when it turns up in x months time as my dealer will be more than happy to sell it to someone else if I don't want it :) but it would be nice to know before hand and not end up being disappointed.

JohnC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ordered a GT, Dark Matter Gray, Pano roof, and Copilot 360. I did not have a reservation.

I don't even want to think about the wait I have ahead.

Fence

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GTP (Ordered), 2017 Ford F250
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Ordered Red GT...just could not see the value of getting the Performance Edition...just hung up on the loss of range trade off to get 0.3 seconds better 0-60 and better seats/suspension.

No other thread I could find asking this so I will ask: What factor caused you to pick GT PE over GT?
For me it was Magneride. Drive a Mustang GT with PP2 and Magneride and one with out. The difference is very noticeable. That was worth it alone for me...but add in slightly faster, Nicer (IMHO) Wheels and Unbridled Extend... I'm sold.

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Ordered Red GT...just could not see the value of getting the Performance Edition...just hung up on the loss of range trade off to get 0.3 seconds better 0-60 and better seats/suspension.

No other thread I could find asking this so I will ask: What factor caused you to pick GT PE over GT?
Personally I would have paid the entirety of the PE just for the magneride if they didn't force you into the glass roof, pirelli summers, and what I think is a less desirable interior. I prefer the GT wheels also, but it sounds like I'm in the minority there. And then there's the range loss, which might be mostly tires but I don't think we'll know that for sure until people switch them out.

I went regular GT, star white, black roof, and 360 active.

As for the comments stating the GT suspension is going to be "stiff," that doesn't necessarily equate to decreased ride quality. Suspension and subjective ride quality is nuanced. Lots of mustang owners out there who have improved ride quality simply replacing stock dampers with ford performance and other performance dampers which are "stiffer." We'll see what the ride is like when they arrive. If the ride is too harsh I'm confident we will have aftermarket solutions that can solve it. Honestly depending on how they tune it, you may be able to improve the ride more to your liking than magneride, albeit with a few tradeoffs.

Jim Guthry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
The seats and the range were a big reason I chose the GT over the PE. I was worried that the more performance-oriented seats would be less comfortable due to the heavier bolstering; my wife and I already hate the bolstering of the Recaroā€™s in our Focus ST. Also, paying more to get a manually adjustable passenger seat with fixed head restraints bothers me.

Iā€™m not bringing this to the track or anything like that (this is going to be a daily driver and family/road-trip car), so the extra 34 ft-pounds for 15 less miles of range was another a huge factor.

I do wish I could have the magneride and PE wheels, but all of the other factors overruled, not even factoring n the $5000 price tag.

You guys are all giving me a dose of FOMO but I donā€™t see myself regretting the decision lol
I just built out a spreadsheet of the differences I care about and right now the GT actually wins... largely because I prefer a metal roof w/ Active 2.0 which creates a $6300 starting price difference + the purchase of all season tires. ~$7300 for the main thing I want (magneride) just doesn't work for me. I'll probably find a way to talk myself in to it soon anyway ?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I prefer the GT wheels also, but it sounds like I'm in the minority there.
I'm with you on the GT rims. Mainly because I'm so anal, I'd spend all my time cleaning those GTP nooks and crannies forever. The GT ones look like a breeze and look ok to me. Different than all the others is fine. I don't think we really know what the ride and handling between the GT and GTP will be in the real world since the basic ride is so much different tha the regular Mustang to begin with. (but if an opt I would have checked it for the regular GT) I'm just hoping the plain GT rides better in general than the Premium/FE. The 235 range and manual passenger seat on the PE kind of sealed that fate for me as a no.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ordered Dark Matter Gray GT Performance edition
Pano roof and Copilot 360

My dealer said they expect delivery in 2022.

Anyone else hear 2022?
I have not even heard a wild guess on whether it is 2021 or 2022. Hoping for 2021.

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜14 Ford Focus ST, ā€˜21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Personally I would have paid the entirety of the PE just for the magneride if they didn't force you into the glass roof, pirelli summers, and what I think is a less desirable interior. I prefer the GT wheels also, but it sounds like I'm in the minority there. And then there's the range loss, which might be mostly tires but I don't think we'll know that for sure until people switch them out.

I went regular GT, star white, black roof, and 360 active.

As for the comments stating the GT suspension is going to be "stiff," that doesn't necessarily equate to decreased ride quality. Suspension and subjective ride quality is nuanced. Lots of mustang owners out there who have improved ride quality simply replacing stock dampers with ford performance and other performance dampers which are "stiffer." We'll see what the ride is like when they arrive. If the ride is too harsh I'm confident we will have aftermarket solutions that can solve it. Honestly depending on how they tune it, you may be able to improve the ride more to your liking than magneride, albeit with a few tradeoffs.
Iā€™m really hoping the GT suspension doesnā€™t disappoint. Thatā€™s the only only thing that really has me second-guessing my order...
Sponsored