Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Has anyone figured out how to unlock the extra torque on a GT?
It has to be software.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Has anyone figured out how to unlock the extra torque on a GT?
It has to be software.
Youā€™re talking about the extra 34 lb ft?

Itā€™s software, but no, no one has unlocked it.

If they do, Iā€™m more interested in unlocking the 5 second limit as well as the full 562 hp these motors are capable of (the front and rear are 281 hp each but are limited by software).

OP
OP
AliRafiee

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag

If they do, Iā€™m more interested in unlocking the 5 second limit as well as the full 562 hp these motors are capable of (the front and rear are 281 hp each but are limited by software).
Yes, please. The 5 sec really sucks.
At a minimum, they should add a drag race mode that opens it up for 1 launch at a time.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

If every GT owner submitted a voice memo (with the new update) that says they want the 5 second limiter gone, maybe then they'll do som..... nevermind, they'd just continue to ignore it

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
The 5 second limit wonā€™t be removed on this generation of MME. Itā€™s a hardware limit due to a combination of undersized electrical hardware and lack of sufficient temperature sensing.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No need to, hasn't showed up in any drag slips.
It shows up in the 0-60 (which is the only place it would).

GTPE averages .1 to .2 faster (but not the .3 advertised except with perfect traction at the drag strip).

Only place Iā€™ve seen someone post a 3.5 or better 0-60 is at a super sticky drag strip. Itā€™s definitely traction dependent.

But yeah, all the fastest 0-60 dragy times are from GTPE.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
"It's just software"

Yeah, it's just software designed to keep you from bricking the car (or worse). It's also relatively secure software that no one has managed to hack (or acknowledge they have). And the risks of hacking it are severe enough that I don't see a lot of interest from tuners wanting to spend that type of effort to get a small performance increase that may destroy the car.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"It's just software"

Yeah, it's just software designed to keep you from bricking the car (or worse). It's also relatively secure software that no one has managed to hack (or acknowledge they have). And the risks of hacking it are severe enough that I don't see a lot of interest from tuners wanting to spend that type of effort to get a small performance increase that may destroy the car.
Small?

If we got unlimited access to 562hpā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ the difference wouldnā€™t be small.

Yes. Like ANY aftermarket mod, you risk damaging the car.

Yet that doesnā€™t stop people from bolting on super chargers to get to 750hp on an otherwise stock ICE Mustang GT.

Not sure why people think the Mach E is somehow on the razors edge of breaking due to too much power.

Number of Mach E GTs that have broken as a result of too much power (to my knowledge- ZERO).

Now if you completely unlocked it, then tried to run Nurembergā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure we could raise that number to at least 1! šŸ˜‚

But I wouldnā€™t want a complete unlock anyways. Give me 562hp for 10 seconds at a time and Iā€™ll write a check right now!

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
The motors may be able to make a combined 562hp, but the batteries and electrical components are not capable of providing the power needed for them to do so.
Sure it's a software limitation but for good reason. I pity the poor soul who actually succeeds in removing this limitation.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Number of Mach E GTs that have broken as a result of too much power (to my knowledge- ZERO).
This is the point of the software limitation. It's supposed to be conservative enough not to break it. You want to know what happens when they get it wrong? You get a fiasco like the HVBJB.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If every GT owner submitted a voice memo (with the new update) that says they want the 5 second limiter gone, maybe then they'll do som..... nevermind, they'd just continue to ignore it
I think we should be complaining about a guyā€™s GT-PE having been delivered to the wrong dealer then it was damaged in transport to the correct dealer. Oh, waitā€¦ šŸ˜±šŸ©

Howā€™s that grille holding up Dave? šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜Š
Sponsored