Hands free liftgate option

• Thread starter Deleted member 5939
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6
OP
OP

Deleted member 5939

The local dealer verified that the components are indeed missing. They then contacted the dealer in Alabama where I bought the car and they flat out refused to cover this. I was told they should have tested this as part of the delivery inspection and now it's past the time where Ford would cover it. I was told that I had to pay for it if I wanted it fixed now.

Anyone have a good contact at Ford so I can reach out to them about this?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The local dealer verified that the components are indeed missing. They then contacted the dealer in Alabama where I bought the car and they flat out refused to cover this. I was told they should have tested this as part of the delivery inspection and now it's past the time where Ford would cover it. I was told that I had to pay for it if I wanted it fixed now.

Garbage on the "it's past the time where Ford would cover it". @Ford Motor Company, can you help the OP?

BrimstoneNJ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Shadow Black SR RWD, 57 Ford Thunderbird ICE
Occupation
Retired Architect
Country flag
So, mine works, but it usually takes me about 25 tries before it will open or close. I haven't figured out yet if its not detecting the key enough to activate, or if its not detecting the foot motion. Its very annoying and I pretty much gave up trying to use that feature.
It seems to vary by person, I have no problem with it - works every time, but my girlfriend has a devil of a time with it. Might be that I'm 6'-3" and she's 4'-11".

Body mass and all that.

It also helps to be very close to the car, the signal doesn't travel far. If I stand just a few feet back it doesn't work.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5939

So, got in touch with Ford and was told that I do indeed have to pay for it to be installed on my car.

Ford has a strict 90 day window where any build issues have to be identified and a claim put in by the dealership in order for it to get corrected.

Since the dealership did not notice it upon delivery and had possession of the car longer than 90 days prior to me purchasing it the time period has elapsed and I am left with the bill.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that since it was a build issue I get 90 days to discover it but if it was a failure in a part they cover it.

This is it for me and Ford.

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
Damn…. This is a ELITE TRASH RESPONSE FROM FORD…

I am still processing… Ford did not install a part that you paid for and now they are denying your request to have the part installed atFord’s cost because it’s been more than 90 days… it’s a F**king new car.

btw, OP, the part you need actually isn’t too difficult to install if it is what I think it is. I added an aftermarket Liftgate to my CA Rte 1 to include a foot sensor and the taps should be identical.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5939

So, working another avenue, social media pages. Well, was told again. Sorry, you have to pay for Ford building it incorrectly. Even though the receiving dealer owned it for the time period they would cover the build mistakes.

So I said, well, make them cover it. After all, it was their mistake. Well, they are all independent so we can't do that.

Ugg, how do I accept this? @Ford Motor Company you are just plain wrong. I paid for a premium with certain options. What I got was a not quite a premium and yet I am told that I, the consumer, who through no fault of my own will have to pay for @Ford Motor Company making a build mistake on a new production car.

Want to know a sure fire way to alienate a consumer? Do this.

I watched the stream from @OutofSpecKyle where they had the lead guy for the Mach-E and he mentioned in the video getting live feed and responses for issues from forums like this. Well, this is an issue. @Ford Motor Company its wrong, a dealer for @Ford Motor Company didnt catch it but me, the cash paying, loan carrying, advocate for the car and EV's in general is told to foot the bill..

@Ford Motor Company, wake up, I have another on order and want the lightening but I am close to done and if your goal is to push me to your competition then job well done.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, working another avenue, social media pages. Well, was told again. Sorry, you have to pay for Ford building it incorrectly. Even though the receiving dealer owned it for the time period they would cover the build mistakes.

So I said, well, make them cover it. After all, it was their mistake. Well, they are all independent so we can't do that.

Ugg, how do I accept this? @Ford Motor Company you are just plain wrong. I paid for a premium with certain options. What I got was a not quite a premium and yet I am told that I, the consumer, who through no fault of my own will have to pay for @Ford Motor Company making a build mistake on a new production car.

Want to know a sure fire way to alienate a consumer? Do this.

I watched the stream from @OutofSpecKyle where they had the lead guy for the Mach-E and he mentioned in the video getting live feed and responses for issues from forums like this. Well, this is an issue. @Ford Motor Company its wrong, a dealer for @Ford Motor Company didnt catch it but me, the cash paying, loan carrying, advocate for the car and EV's in general is told to foot the bill..

@Ford Motor Company, wake up, I have another on order and want the lightening but I am close to done and if your goal is to push me to your competition then job well done.
Isn’t there a 3 year warranty that should cover incompetence on their part, unreal.

They really are POS’s

OP
OP

Deleted member 5939

That's the sad part. If it failed they would fix it. If I got rear ended they would replace it. However, since they forgot to install it I have to pay for it. Sad @Ford Motor Company

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's the sad part. If it failed they would fix it. If I got rear ended they would replace it. However, since they forgot to install it I have to pay for it. Sad @Ford Motor Company
Makes me think twice if I want to do business with a company like this

unreal

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So, got in touch with Ford and was told that I do indeed have to pay for it to be installed on my car.

Ford has a strict 90 day window where any build issues have to be identified and a claim put in by the dealership in order for it to get corrected.

Since the dealership did not notice it upon delivery and had possession of the car longer than 90 days prior to me purchasing it the time period has elapsed and I am left with the bill.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that since it was a build issue I get 90 days to discover it but if it was a failure in a part they cover it.

This is it for me and Ford.
Oh, that is a new wrinkle isn't it?
Why did they hold it for 90 days before selling it to you? Was it a used vehicle or demo?

Are there two dealers involved? If so, then how do we know the car wasn't assembled correctly when it arrived at the first dealership and then they removed the parts? If we don't know, then Ford doesn't know either.

How long did you drive this car before discovering it was missing the parts?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
That's god damned unacceptable.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe Ford thinks someone would steal parts and then have Ford pay for the fix.

still ridiculous and they need to be held accountable

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Wait, what? Isn’t there a 12 month warranty on “workmanship”? Leaving parts off a car would qualify as “defects in workmanship” in my mind!

On3s1ckazmofo

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Warehouse
Country flag
The power lift gate works, it's the hands free feature that doesn't a d it has been verified that the sensors and modules are not there. Now they call Ford and see what to do next. At least I can stop trying to dance behind the cat trying to get it to work.
I have the same problem now
Sponsored