Has anyone on recent chip hold moved to built?

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Mine is a 2021....arriving in 2022, sore subject since I was skipped to be converted and having to wait this long on chip hold to finally get built. UGH!
Understood.

Though the other side of the coin is my build week of 1/17 (converted 22) went all the way out to an estimated delivery of June.

At this point, I'd kind of rather have a 21 in my garage vs continue to wait on a 22 if I had the choice.
Sponsored

StephsMachE

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Understood.

Though the other side of the coin is my build week of 1/17 (converted 22) went all the way out to an estimated delivery of June.

At this point, I'd kind of rather have a 21 in my garage vs continue to wait on a 22 if I had the choice.
yeah totally get it. I actually was a 5/6 eta when they did that push back a few weeks ago, then magically on the 11th it was built and the eta changed to 3/26-4/1.

it was frustrating seeing a 12/6 build sit and wait for chips while 12/13 and 12/20 didn’t much get caught in it and saw some delivered. Now seeing 22s delivered before my 21 is frustrating.

I hope Ford evaluates this process and changes things. I know someone else with a build week of yours waiting on chip hold. Ugh! Hopefully they do another shut down week abs can fill more chip hold vehicles. I feel y’all’s pain and frustrations, right there with you.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
yeah totally get it. I actually was a 5/6 eta when they did that push back a few weeks ago, then magically on the 11th it was built and the eta changed to 3/26-4/1.

it was frustrating seeing a 12/6 build sit and wait for chips while 12/13 and 12/20 didn’t much get caught in it and saw some delivered. Now seeing 22s delivered before my 21 is frustrating.

I hope Ford evaluates this process and changes things. I know someone else with a build week of yours waiting on chip hold. Ugh! Hopefully they do another shut down week abs can fill more chip hold vehicles. I feel y’all’s pain and frustrations, right there with you.
I agree with you 100% as I see my 1/12/22 production, moved off site for chip hold, yet I see other 2022 being built and shipped. Without rhyme or reason other than GTPE seem to be preferrenced. Some premiums get through others not. And when the chips come in what is the order to put them in, FIFO, LIFO , LAST (last in stays here!)
And certainly ALL 2021 should have been built before ANY 2022.

If only we knew the process Ford shouild commuicate better....

StephsMachE

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I agree with you 100% as I see my 1/12/22 production, moved off site for chip hold, yet I see other 2022 being built and shipped. Without rhyme or reason other than GTPE seem to be preferrenced. Some premiums get through others not. And when the chips come in what is the order to put them in, FIFO, LIFO , LAST (last in stays here!)

Yeah the “offsite” dungeon that never returns to the lib until it gets shut down, then I feel like they roll dice as to which ones get to come back and be completed.

I truly hope yours doesn’t sit for over two months like mine did. ?? I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

hyweigh

First Name
Hyrum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Ford Escape, Soon to be Mach-E
Country flag
My June 2021 order is on chip hold after build date was pushed out three times from November to 1/3. New ETA is May 31, but the dealer I'm working with in UT has low expectations of meeting that. Sounds like higher volume dealers get chip preference vs. order and build date.

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
Anyone seen any movement lately?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A number of people in the 12/6 build group have seen movement

completed builds and shipments etc etc

Free-Roaming

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS 350
Country flag
No sign of progress with my order. In production on 1/4/2022 and then chip hold.

I will add this to the Ford Motor Company complaint box. Those of us who had 2021 orders rescheduled to a 2022 order, were sent an email from Ford which include the following statement.

“Your 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium is being converted to a 2022 model year. Rest assured, your place in line has not been affected by this update”.

From my perspective, seeing posts about 2022 orders placed after 10/1/2021 being built and delivered, is a clear sign Ford has failed to keep the “place in line” promise.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag

the way I understand it. All in production models get chips as top priority as it is the cheapest to install then while built. Then they fill the rest leftover of who is matched to ship where. You can be in MN and wait months when CA gets them all day long.

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the way I understand it. All in production models get chips as top priority as it is the cheapest to install then while built. Then they fill the rest leftover of who is matched to ship where. You can be in MN and wait months when CA gets them all day long.
Ohh, I don't know. Mine got a chip within days and I am in South Dakota, not exactly an EV hot spot. ;)

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
:-(

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This is a totally BS strategy. I get keeping plants operating and workers employed, but sitting for a month plus on chip hold while cars ordered months later are shipped is BS.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
This is a totally BS strategy. I get keeping plants operating and workers employed, but sitting for a month plus on chip hold while cars ordered months later are shipped is BS.
Yup.

The whole issue comes down to the VIN system.

Each person in line doesn’t get the “next available car,” they get their specific car. So if on chip hold, they get passed and unlucky.
Sponsored