camdenlake

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 f350 CCD 7.3, GT500, Gen1 Raptor, 2021 MME R1
Country flag
Interesting my job 1 ‘21 started doing it early ‘22 started doing the fade up and down of high beams. It’s neat and nice. Didn’t do anything I figure it was an update.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Interesting my job 1 ‘21 started doing it early ‘22 started doing the fade up and down of high beams. It’s neat and nice. Didn’t do anything I figure it was an update.
My job 1 premium doesn’t do that and it’s fully updated to 4.1.3

Last edited:

camdenlake

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 f350 CCD 7.3, GT500, Gen1 Raptor, 2021 MME R1
Country flag
My job 1 premium doesn’t go that and it’s fully updated to 4.1.3
Maybe it’s a RT1 thing :). It’s only in auto not manually changing them. There seems to be variables to it. If the car is a distance away it does it but if it’s caught by surprise it dims fast.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Neil, I have a 2021 Job 2 and it works perfect. You need to change TWO lines in the HCM

734-01-01 xxxx xxx1 xx-- Change the last digit in the second set to "1"
734-01-04 00BC 1612 Change both the first and second sets of digits to "00BC 1612"
Thank you, I’ll try this tomorrow! That’ll be awesome.

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
I just did the ForScan mod and can confirm this works flawlessly on my 2021 Job 2. This simple little thing makes the car so much more premium!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have this on my 22 Premium, delivered in July. It's such a small detail but it really makes a difference with auto high beams. Rather than people thinking you're flicking your high beams on and off a lot (in certain situations), it just makes the experience much more subtle. It's a nice feature if you can find a way to safely enable it.
Only downside would be sometimes you want the high beams off in a hurry, like when a car appears around a turn.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Only downside would be sometimes you want the high beams off in a hurry, like when a car appears around a turn.
It is a one second fade off and two second fade on. I live in a town where there aren’t any streetlights anywhere except in downtown. I always have my high beams set to auto and I never have anyone flash their lights at me so I'm thinking it's working ok.

Edit: when manually using your high beams they still have a two second fade on but when you turn them off, it’s instant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Alright. If @markboris says it works, guess I’ll have to learn Forscan. Off to find that thread.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It is a one second fade off and two second fade on. I live in a town where there aren’t any streetlights anywhere except in downtown. I always have my high beams set to auto and I never have anyone flash their lights at me so I'm thinking it's working ok.

Edit: when manually using your high beams they still have a two second fade on but when you turn them off, it’s instant.
That's great, then this is a good way of dealing with the issue of auto beams sometimes cycling on/off/on/off in a short timespan while allowing a driver to crank it down right away when needed. Smart thinking by whichever engineer thought it up.

CottonHill

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I have this on my 21 Job 2 select. I went to the dealer to try to get a new mobile charger, mine has the intermittent amber light. The tech, who wouldn’t just call it a day an order one, wound up doing all the available updates on my car. Drove it the next day at night and noticed it.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
That's great, then this is a good way of dealing with the issue of auto beams sometimes cycling on/off/on/off in a short timespan while allowing a driver to crank it down right away when needed. Smart thinking by whichever engineer thought it up.
Yeah, that's the beauty of it. Auto high beams is very comfortable/natural feeling with this feature. I have another car with auto high beams that don't fade at all, and I just don't use that feature because I don't like how it's likely perceived by other drivers in those situations (flicking on/off in short timeframes).

Reactions: ARK

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My early 22 Premium doesn’t have this. Will try adding - thanks!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Neil, I have a 2021 Job 2 and it works perfect. You need to change TWO lines in the HCM

734-01-01 xxxx xxx1 xx-- Change the last digit in the second set to "1"
734-01-04 00BC 1612 Change both the first and second sets of digits to "00BC 1612"
Thanks, Mark! Success! Haven’t seen it work yet, but not DTCs so I’ll assume I’m ready to roll! Thanks for teaching me how to read directions lol. Now I see how I just read @i8iridium instructions wrong.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Manually as in just pulling the stalk and "flashing someone," right?
Sponsored