Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like you just got 4.2.2 today. That could cause some temporary problems. I don't have a code report after the OTA so I can't see what's up until it's driven.
Yes, when my wife had the car out she got 4.2.2. She came home and I plugged the car in an hour later as we were taking a 120 mile trip tomorrow.

charge fault, and then turned car on and the other faults happened.

I just moved the car out of the garage to make sure the front is faced out in case it needed to be towed.

I can drive around the block, all warning not there anymore, if that would help you check something

is it even worth bringing it to the dealer? From what some other say, they wonā€™t find anything if everything cleared.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes, when my wife had the car out she got 4.2.2. She came home and I plugged the car in an hour later as we were taking a 120 mile trip tomorrow.

charge fault, and then turned car on and the other faults happened.

I just moved the car out of the garage to make sure the front is faced out in case it needed to be towed.

I can drive around the block, all warning not there anymore, if that would help you check something

is it even worth bringing it to the dealer? From what some other say, they wonā€™t find anything if everything cleared.
No error messages when you start up now? Sounds like just a charging error caused it, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. You can let it charge for a while, then drive it around the block (>25 mph) and I can check it again later tonight.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No error messages when you start up now? Sounds like just a charging error caused it, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. You can let it charge for a while, then drive it around the block (>25 mph) and I can check it again later tonight.
Much appreciated

no Error messages now

will do as you suggest

thanks again

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For ours, they did pull the DTCs and all the tech (really just a scheduler) could tell me is they saw the SVS/Reduced power code and couldn't get more specific until they had it in house to diagnose. I have a ODB2 reader, but my wife has the car at work right now. I will see if I can pull the exact code when we get home tonight.
Anything further on your car?

I received same faults. After 30 minutes I went outside to move car to face out of garage for towing and faults all gone.

I am now charging normally.

curious if they found anything on your car.

thanks

Julesek

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ford MME Premium SR
Country flag
My car hasnā€™t had any updates since 2/7/23 and I still have version 4.1.2 šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car hasnā€™t had any updates since 2/7/23 and I still have version 4.1.2 šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
You might be the lucky one, 1 too many updates and something bad can happen

Julesek

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ford MME Premium SR
Country flag
But donā€™t you think it will update automatically on its own? At least now I wonā€™t run to the dealer when I get the error messages- lesson learned on that one!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It does update on its own unless you turn that feature off. Some people have done that And havenā€™t had updates unless they want them

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Drove it around over 25 mph for about 6 miles or so, no faults, it charged ok And I am charging again To see if anything happens, nothing bud yet

appreciate your help

well, iI was charging the car further and charge fault happened again.

nothing else, no drive train issues or stop safely now.

off to dealer in the morning

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Drove it around over 25 mph for about 6 miles or so, no faults, it charged ok And I am charging again To see if anything happens, nothing bud yet

appreciate your help

well, iI was charging the car further and charge fault happened again.

nothing else, no drive train issues or stop safely now.

off to dealer in the morning
Unfortunately it didn't report so I can't see anything. Charge fault could be a bad on-board charger or a bad EVSE. Make sure you are pushing the J1772 in all the way till it clicks with a firm push, a bad connection can cause issues.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately it didn't report so I can't see anything. Charge fault could be a bad on-board charger or a bad EVSE. Make sure you are pushing the J1772 in all the way till it clicks with a firm push, a bad connection can cause issues.
Charger is plugged in all way, it clicks.

no choice but will have to bring it in tomorrow and leave car with them.

supposed to heading to Naples 120 miles away and donā€™t want to break down away from here.

thanks again

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Anything further on your car?

I received same faults. After 30 minutes I went outside to move car to face out of garage for towing and faults all gone.

I am now charging normally.

curious if they found anything on your car.

thanks
Had the same thing happen, and then it errored out again the next day and didn't go away. We dropped it off at the dealer on the 8th and are still waiting to get it back. It was absolutely the HVBJB and while it is in they are taking care of a few other minor TSBs. It has been hard to get answers from the dealer as their phone answers have no idea.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had the same thing happen, and then it errored out again the next day and didn't go away. We dropped it off at the dealer on the 8th and are still waiting to get it back. It was absolutely the HVBJB and while it is in they are taking care of a few other minor TSBs. It has been hard to get answers from the dealer as their phone answers have no idea.
I brought to the dealer and they said no codes were thrown so nothing to do

I have to calm for an appt for them to check it

Drive it 120 miles to Naples and now headed back

Hope I make it

vpisipati

First Name
Venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT - Rapid Red, '08 Shelby GT500 - Black
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You have a P0ADE code, so you should get a new HVBJB per TSB 23-2020.

4.2.1 installed on Friday.
Thanks @Mach-Lee, appreciate you pulling the code for me. My dealer, Serra Ford of Farmington Hills, MI currently has the car and info from them is spotty at best. They are reporting, " It's the board that controls the battery" is that the same as the HVBJB? I hope it is as much as it does not sound like it. See my conversation with the Service manager:

Ford Mustang Mach-E HighVoltage Battery Warning 1679423439836
Sponsored