Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KIA Telluride EX 2018 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Occupation
Component Sales
Country flag
I wonder about road trips and range? Is range really a big deal considering I’m the GV60 can go from 10% to 80% charge in 18 minutes. I believe Straight Pipes pulled it off in 16 via DC fast charging…

Hyundai/KIA are figuring it out. 235/250/300, does it really matter that much if you can charge in 15 minutes, 10 minutes?

It’ll get there, and they are close now.

Look, I have no clue what my Stringer GR gets per fill.When low I just fill it up, who cares about range because filling is a trivial amount of time.

do the same with EVs and range won’t matter so much if charging is reduced to”irrelevant” timelines.

how long will it take to charge a Mach-e 10% - 80%? At least 1-2 hours?…

Right there I’ve be road tripping in the GV60, and in quiet luxury ta boot.
Sponsored

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
Between 250-260 on eco mode. However we’ve been getting between 2.7-3 mi/kWh while driving. Not the best efficiency but it does what we need it to.
My EV6 started in that range, but now I can get 4-something on my drive to work, and regularly in the 3s. I think my lifetime average on the car is mid 3-something.

I don't know if this is a real phenomenon or not, but it seemed to get a bit better mileage after a few hundred miles. Also definitely in 70F-80F temps it does quite well too.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I was looking to add a GV60 or my wife as well but its a bit expensive here in Canada but its definitely a nice car. Congrats

Drock2k1

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
Genesis makes some amazing vehicles. I love my Mach E though and would take it over the Genesis but I have much more of a sports car lean. Congrats.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Not going to lie it’s pretty nice.
I have them in a few of my cars but the MME is the one that I want them in that doesn't have it sadly.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I wonder about road trips and range? Is range really a big deal considering I’m the GV60 can go from 10% to 80% charge in 18 minutes. I believe Straight Pipes pulled it off in 16 via DC fast charging…

Hyundai/KIA are figuring it out. 235/250/300, does it really matter that much if you can charge in 15 minutes, 10 minutes?

It’ll get there, and they are close now.

Look, I have no clue what my Stringer GR gets per fill.When low I just fill it up, who cares about range because filling is a trivial amount of time.

do the same with EVs and range won’t matter so much if charging is reduced to”irrelevant” timelines.

how long will it take to charge a Mach-e 10% - 80%? At least 1-2 hours?…

Right there I’ve be road tripping in the GV60, and in quiet luxury ta boot.
Personally, I have serious concerns over the state of charging infrastructure over the near/mid-term. I see a LOT more EVs on the road than I did a year ago, and looking a plugshare, there's actually LESS DCFC available in my area / on my travel routes (the one I pass on the way home from work has been out of commission for the last 8 months) in the same period. What good are DCFC speeds if you have to sit and wait behind 8 cars using their 3 years of "free" EA charging? I think the speed over range argument will be true when 350+kw DCFCs are ubiquitous, but not any time soon.

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
No mark up but about $2400 of add ons at the Santa Monica Genesis. Granted my wife was on the priority one list for Genesis so we actually picked up the second one they sold. If you’re worried about mark up and can wait a little bit talk to Laguna Niguel Hyundai. They are taking reservations for a 2023 Ioniq 5 which will come by the end of the year. No mark up but about $2k in add ons. Andrew helped us out there as we had a reservation but cancelled it once the GV60 came in. We were surprised it came that fast as we were told expect to get it in Dec/Jan.
Can you share as to why you chose the GV60 over the IONIQ 5? I have the 2023 IONIQ 5 on order for the wife and would very much like to know!

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
Can you share as to why you chose the GV60 over the IONIQ 5? I have the 2023 IONIQ 5 on order for the wife and would very much like to know!
Need really. We were prepared to wait till Oct/Nov for our Ioniq 5 RWD Likited, but my wife needed a car. Her CT200H was just way too small for our family since we had our son. I do believe the Ioniq 5 is a better value especially the limited. But overall timing was the biggest factor. However, we do prefer the look of the GV60 and it definitely feels more luxurious. I just knew whatever route we went we weren’t going to be disappointed.

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Need really. We were prepared to wait till Oct/Nov for our Ioniq 5 RWD Likited, but my wife needed a car. Her CT200H was just way too small for our family since we had our son. I do believe the Ioniq 5 is a better value especially the limited. But overall timing was the biggest factor. However, we do prefer the look of the GV60 and it definitely feels more luxurious. I just knew whatever route we went we weren’t going to be disappointed.
Thank you! Here I am considering upgrading my limited AWD order to the 'namsan' edition and the GV60 comes along...

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
That's a slick looking ride. The performance edition has me thinking things. Not sure I could give up the room though.

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
Thank you! Here I am considering upgrading my limited AWD order to the 'namsan' edition and the GV60 comes along...
Is the namsan version coming out in the states? I read it has digital side mirrors and I thought that was illegal in the US.

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is the namsan version coming out in the states? I read it has digital side mirrors and I thought that was illegal in the US.
Not sure. I'll be checking in with the dealer this weekend and will let you know!

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Did you have to pay mark-up? I need to replace my Polestar 2 with an SUV/crossover since we have a baby on the way, and I'm looking for something with a smoother ride than my wife's Mach E GT (which we love, but it's definitely bouncy). The Hyundai group EVs definitely have the smoother ride, but it's tough to find an Ioniq 5 or EV6 with no markup.
the palm springs hyundai dealer doesn't mark up - might be worth a flight down
Sponsored