mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I would love to own a GV60 but I think all you first gen early adopters (first 6 months of release) can deal with the initial production run problems before I do.

9 Performance trim cars have failed at one dealership alone.

https://genesisowners.com/genesis-forum/threads/check-engine-light-now-car-wont-move-at-all.41322/

I think I will wait for "Job 2" builds :)
makes me feel better about not putting a deposit down over the weekend to get a binding contract for the tax rebate before the IRA gets signed this week.

I’m very happy with my Mach E. But the physical buttons for climate control and seat hearing/cooling and the HUD made it tempting. And the 800V charging!!

without the rebate, the gv60 isn’t even in the realm of possibilities for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
makes me feel better about not putting a deposit down over the weekend to get a binding contract for the tax rebate before the IRA gets signed this week.

I’m very happy with my Mach E. But the physical buttons for climate control and seat hearing/cooling and the HUD made it tempting. And the 800V charging!!

without the rebate, the gv60 isn’t even in the realm of possibilities for me.
2 months and 2k miles in and no issues here. Granted we got the advanced over the performance. Biggest surprise has been the range as we’ve been getting over estimates averaging between 270-290 miles. I still love my Mach E but I’m really contemplating trading it in when the GV70 electric comes out. The GV60 has left that good of an impression.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
2 months and 2k miles in and no issues here. Granted we got the advanced over the performance. Biggest surprise has been the range as we’ve been getting over estimates averaging between 270-290 miles. I still love my Mach E but I’m really contemplating trading it in when the GV70 electric comes out. The GV60 has left that good of an impression.
Good to hear KCole21. Just be mindful that Kia EVs won't be eligible for fed tax credits as it's not made in America (e.g., Canada--US--Mexico).

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to hear KCole21. Just be mindful that Kia EVs won't be eligible for fed tax credits as it's not made in America (e.g., Canada--US--Mexico).
Well aware of it but we shouldn’t be affected by it as we’ve owned it since June. This will take effect for those that place their order after the IRA is signed into law.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well aware of it but we shouldn’t be affected by it as we’ve owned it since June. This will take effect for those that place their order after the IRA is signed into law.
Sorry, I meant to reference buying a GV70.

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, I meant to reference buying a GV70.
No worries. It’ll play a role in my decision but we’ll see what happens. I’m just impressed with Genesis overall and the luxury that comes with it. Also a little bias as I’m half Korean. Either way we won’t qualify due to income limits so any EV ahead we’re just going to expect to not receive the federal credits after this year.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
After seeing the GV60 in person, I would have to agree that it's a stunner and looks much nicer and more premium in person.

I would have no reservations getting a GV60 as a second car, especially with that beautiful white interior!

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
I'm considering selling my Mach-E GTPE and getting one of these. Out of spec motoring got 239.x miles in the 70 MPH range test. I'm guessing that's on par with the perf mustang. I really love the mustang but the HVBJB issue, the 5 second limit, allows the Genesis to smoke it in 1/4 mile run, and the Genesis changing speeds may make me want to change. I'm not comfortable making a long road trip in the car like I am the lightning or the Porsche.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm considering selling my Mach-E GTPE and getting one of these. Out of spec motoring got 239.x miles in the 70 MPH range test. I'm guessing that's on par with the perf mustang. I really love the mustang but the HVBJB issue, the 5 second limit, allows the Genesis to smoke it in 1/4 mile run, and the Genesis changing speeds may make me want to change. I'm not comfortable making a long road trip in the car like I am the lightning or the Porsche.
Good luck. Let us know if you find a dealer who'll sell it at MSRP.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
We picked up one of the first GV60s in America for my wife today. I’m not going to lie it’s a beautiful car. It definitely feels more luxurious than the Mach E, but I would still take my Mach E over her GV60. The one thing that hurts on the GV60 is the range especially when compared to my RWD extended battery. We just determined that if we go on longer trips we’ll end up using the Mach E. Still learning the GV60 but here are the few stand out points:
-Quiet. The inside has noise cancellation going through the speakers so it is super quiet in there.
-Smooth ride. Compared to the Mach E it is a smoother ride. You’re not bouncing up and down as much.
-Handling. It handles well but I feel the Mach E has it beat here.
-Tech. I was amazed I didn’t need a key for my Mach E, but the GV60 out did it here. It opens just with facial recognition on the outside and turns on with your fingerprint. Not sure how much we’ll use it but it is nice. The heads up display and blind spot image that pops up when you put a turn signal on are convenient.
-Charger. IT ONLY COMES WITH A 120W CHARGER CONNECTION!!!! This really annoys me. It comes with the Vehicle to Load connection so we can plug 120W electronics in to it if we want to. We're just going to use the MME travel charger to charge over night if need be. We also have a L2 charger in our community so we can use that as well when we're home.

I’m looking forward to driving the GV60 more. However, I’m in love with my Mach E. I’m guessing I’m just infatuated at the moment since I’ve had my Mach E since Apr 21 and we just picked up the GV60. I just feel that my wife is going to think hers is better and I’ll think mine is better. Either way I’m happy to have both.
I went to configurea gv60 on the genisis website. Performance awd with the popular package and technology package. So pretty much loaded except for the optional material used for the seats . The price was shown as 73k or 78k with some kind of Korean tax 3.5% or 5%. What packages did you get and roughly what was the price before taxes , license and all those other dealer fees?

I’m considering it and I’m in California too.

Randy

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went to configurea gv60 on the genisis website. Performance awd with the popular package and technology package. So pretty much loaded except for the optional material used for the seats . The price was shown as 73k or 78k with some kind of Korean tax 3.5% or 5%. What packages did you get and roughly what was the price before taxes , license and all those other dealer fees?

I’m considering it and I’m in California too.

Randy
We got the advanced awd instead of the performance with the popular package. At the time I think it was less than 60k before taxes and finished up somewhere between 60-65k. There was a $2k dealer add on in Santa Monica but it was mostly things we would have done after anyways.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
We got the advanced awd instead of the performance with the popular package. At the time I think it was less than 60k before taxes and finished up somewhere between 60-65k. There was a $2k dealer add on in Santa Monica but it was mostly things we would have done after anyways.
Thank You. I am at a juncture where I need to decide.

1. keep the Mach e for a while.
2. sell the Mach e as soon as possible when the GV60 comes in (if I order )
3. Keep the Mach e and install KW coil overs in hopes it will improve theride quality.

I like yourself an a 3 person family so we don’t need a huge vehicle. My wife says she doesn’t mind the harsh ride of the Mach-e but her face tells another story.

for the record I know what to expect from a “sports car” suspension. I have another vehicle that is most defiantly a sports car with aftermarket dampers/coil overs that are corner weighted. It has better predictable ride quality than the Mach e.

Local dealerships in Northern California are only stocking “performance” and they are asking 70k.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank You. I am at a juncture where I need to decide.

1. keep the Mach e for a while.
2. sell the Mach e as soon as possible when the GV60 comes in (if I order )
3. Keep the Mach e and install KW coil overs in hopes it will improve theride quality.

I like yourself an a 3 person family so we don’t need a huge vehicle. My wife says she doesn’t mind the harsh ride of the Mach-e but her face tells another story.

for the record I know what to expect from a “sports car” suspension. I have another vehicle that is most defiantly a sports car with aftermarket dampers/coil overs that are corner weighted. It has better predictable ride quality than the Mach e.

Local dealerships in Northern California are only stocking “performance” and they are asking 70k.
I will say that my wife prefers the seats in the Mach E over the GV60, but that could be personal preference. The overall ride of the GV60 is much smoother. My biggest complaint with it is turning radius. I’m not sure how it’s that bad for a smaller SUV. I’m considering the GV70 for my next SUV, but that won’t be for a few years.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
I will say that my wife prefers the seats in the Mach E over the GV60, but that could be personal preference. The overall ride of the GV60 is much smoother. My biggest complaint with it is turning radius. I’m not sure how it’s that bad for a smaller SUV. I’m considering the GV70 for my next SUV, but that won’t be for a few years.
just drove the gv60 and I have to say THIS feels like a $70,000 car. The quality of the material is as nice if not nicer than Lexus. I can clearly see that the designers they poached from Porsche are very evident in the ergonomics and design.

the bad. The dealer wanted to give me 53,000 for my GT that only has 1,000 miles on it. No federal tax credit . It doesn’t qualify.
Sponsored